Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow

Poster: A snowHead
glasgowcyclops, exams not until May, hopefully sneak a weekend to Zermatt before everything kicks off Very Happy Failing that I hope all this snow does materialise and there is skiing for weeks to come. Glad to hear your wife is improving.
snow report
 brian
brian
Big storm coming by the look of it. Could be digging time again! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
david@mediacopy wrote:
roga,
Quote:
up to 3 ft of 'level' snow will lie in enormous drifts

Sounds perfect. I'd better start looking for some B&B accommodation snowHead snowHead

LOL, sounds like a good plan!

brian, I think you could be right. snow-forecast.com is now forecasting 103cm of snow between now and Thursday, they've never forecasted this amount all season as far as I can recall in fact they've tended to underestimate the amount that's subsequently fallen! They could be wrong I guess but it looks like we could be in for the mother of all storms ... major issue if that happens though will be how long it'll take them to dig the mountain out! Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
roga, they need to start offering free lift passes to anyone willing to shovel! Wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
can anyone tell me which resorts wil be open the weekend on 9th 10th 11th april should there be cover, cheers.
latest report
 brian
brian
Ricklovesthepowder, all of them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If anyones up on Caingorm between Wednesday and Thursday (7-8th of April) and wants to meet up to ski hard Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
Wack me a text on 07746560914

Thanks
George
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check this out (East Wall of the Ciste) from today:

http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=6386

snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
roga, I like that picture! snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
milnerhome, I thought you might Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you take a look at the following set of photos from Winterhighland today you get a very good idea of what the situation is at Cairngorm currently, some damage from the thaw low down but higher up still go anywhere cover and situation set to get even better with the promised dump this week:

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2191

Looks pretty excellent to me already, I'll have some of that snow in the Ciste and on the East Lady for sure! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga, How are Glencoe and Nevis looking?

Looks like some of the forecast mega snowfalls might not materialize.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Check the radar:

http://metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Looks like it's materialising to me. wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow now falling in the Scottish Borders Very Happy
snow conditions
Whitegold, word coming in on Winterhighland that it's "puking snow" in the south side of Glasgow and the traffic cams for Glencoe (as well as Drumochter) appear to be showing substantial snowfall. Light snow falling in Aviemore just now so seems heaver to the west and higher up - all good for Glencoe I'd say! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has been snowing very hard in Glasgow City Centre tonight, still too warm to lie but anywhere a little higher than sea level will be getting a pasting. Will give a report in the morning when I wake up Laughing
snow conditions
I cant believe i put my ski gear in the loft the other day, i thought, "nah, not going to snow again this year" look at it now, probably heading up to scotland the weekend of the 9, 10, 11th april, not sure where to head for, glencoe or cairngorm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
I cant believe i put my ski gear in the loft the other day, i thought, "nah, not going to snow again this year"

LOL, it 'aint over 'till the fat lady sings ... or should that be the fat snowflake melts!
Quote:
look at it now, probably heading up to scotland the weekend of the 9, 10, 11th april, not sure where to head for, glencoe or cairngorm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Difficult, if there's a substantial dump in the west, and it looks like there might be or we might be at the start of one, Glencoe will be awesome but then so will the back corries at Nevis and the Ciste Gully area at Cairngorm so you have a pleasantly difficult choice ahead of you - enjoy it! Laughing

Here's a roundup of what's on the webcams (you can take a look yourselves by using the Winterhighland webcam page)

The webcams are showing white all over this morning, those ugly heathery patches on the lower slopes at Cairngorm have turned white as has the beach down at Loch Morlich and there's snow lying in Aviemore. Unfortunately the White Lady & Ski Club Hut cams are down and stuck on yesterday (sunny and pleasant though that was) so no view of the new snow in that area and the Ptarmigan cam seems to be going on and off too but when it's on there's just a white haze (which can't be a bad thing it has to be said Very Happy ).

The Glencoe Winterhighland cams all seem to have white stuff blocking the view as does the Access Cam, wonder what that is lol - the Patrol Hut Cam is down currently. However the Cafe Ossian cam, which is right down at base, is showing a lovely Xmas card scene with snowy pine tress and a rather snow laden sky by the looks of it snowHead

Nevis is a bit difficult to call from the cams, mostly a white out but there's certainly been some snow down to the cafe, doesn't look as if there's as much as at Glencoe though but I could be wrong and the upper mountain and backs might be loaded.

Back east The Lecht is turning much whiter in the off-piste areas affected by the melt and it looks to be still snowing as I write there - anyone noticed that of all the Scottish ski areas the Lecht seem to be the only one who manage to have a reliable web cam service!

At Glenshee there looks to have been a bit of snow which has made the area look better than it did on the cams yesterday but from the cams it doesn't look like it's as substantial as some of the other resorts, looks to be similar to Nevis so mainly cosmetic at the moment.

So, as could be expected it's variable but so far it looks like Cairngorm and The Lecht are getting the best cover (the story of this season so far), Glencoe is difficult to call but the mid and upper mountain was already pretty good with just the plateau broken and there's a reasonable amount down to base so I'd expect further up to be better. Glenshee and Nevis need more from what I can see so let's hope the forecasts are right and there will be a lot more falling today and tomorrow, it then looks like a lull on Thursday Friday with more snow coming in over the weekend, it could change in detail but whatever the changes it looks as if we're set for a good few days of snow snowHead
snow report
 brian
brian
It's been binning down overnight pretty much right across the Highlands and looks set to continue all day today and tomorrow. Wind is fairly strong from the NE which isn't the best direction but it looks set to swing round to the NW and then W which should drift things into more favourable places.

More dumpage progged for the weekend! Very Happy
snow report
April is going to be a good month! just hope they keep the lifts spinning!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
norris, if the snow is there (and I suspect it will be) they'll keep the lifts spinning into May snowHead
latest report
sweet, really want to get up there finally this year
latest report
http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/aviemore/ shows overnight dump in Aviemore. Yeeessssss Happy

Snowinf in Glasgow West End when I left this morning and a lot of snow around until Falkirk. No snow on the east to Edinburgh so the eastern roads may the best to use coming up from down south.

Snow all over the place up north. Happy
ski holidays
Here's the Back Corries at Nevis yesterday, looks pretty good actually so current snow must be making it even better:

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,2194
ski holidays
Wow that looks great!
snow report
Planning on heading up over Easter. Nevis on Friday then Aviemore Sat and Sun if I can get a room near there. Looks great
snow report
Big flakes @ Loch Morlich Very Happy

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/morlichvideo.php
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing in Aviemore too Very Happy

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/aviemore/aviemorevideo.php

Just a shame all the mountain cams at Cairngorm appear to have gone down now Sad
snow report
roga, you up there at the moment?
latest report
Sharkymark, sadly not but am watching the action on the webcams, keeping an eye on Winterhighland and getting updates by text and Facebook from mates up there.

Up in a couple of days time though - can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
Good one. Got some mates up in Fort Bill doing some paddling who I'm hoping to crash with on Friday and Saturday
ski holidays
roga wrote:
Sharkymark, sadly not but am watching the action on the webcams, keeping an eye on Winterhighland and getting updates by text and Facebook from mates up there.

Up in a couple of days time though - can't wait Very Happy

roga, It has been snowing lightly down at sealevel in Fort William today, I understand.

Looks like strong winds might shut most of the Scotch ski resorts for the next 2 or 3 days?
ski holidays
Whitegold, scotch is a drink. People or things in or from Scotland are Scots or Scottish.
snow report
laundryman, Laughing
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
roga, It has been snowing lightly down at sealevel in Fort William today, I understand.

Good to hear, as you might have guessed most of my info is coming from Aviemore/Cairngorms. Should bode well for the lower runs filing in at Nevis and perhaps we'll have another of those epic few days in the Back Corries! snowHead
Quote:
Looks like strong winds might shut most of the Scotch ski resorts for the next 2 or 3 days?

Yeah, I thought that was on the cards - looks like it's a matter of sitting it out (maybe downing a few scotches Wink ) and once the storm is passed getting out to play ASAP - could be pretty epic! snowHead

Glad I'll be back up just in time for the playing bit Toofy Grin
ski holidays
roga, when are you back up?
latest report
arv, was splitting the journey Friday/Saturday but am starting to consider doing the whole thing Friday so I can get out for the whole day Saturday and sample the fresh. Only issue is persuading the wife and kids it's a good idea ... and then finding somewhere to crash Friday night for us all ... hmmm!

Frankly if it was up to me I'd drive up overnight Thursday but I don't think I'll get away with that one, worse luck! rolling eyes
snow report
laundryman wrote:
Whitegold, scotch is a drink. People or things in or from Scotland are Scots or Scottish.

No sh*t, Sherlock.
ski holidays
Looking at the forecast it seems Thursday and Friday could be THE days to be there. Must... not... miss... Uni Laughing

Will definitely be up Friday if the forecast holds Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy