Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes winter 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
easiski, That sunset reminds me of the sunset we had when we were chase off the mountain last year, hopefully I shall be back next year for a week or 2. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Charlotte - great pic. We all had a great time and can confirm to all other Very Happy that it is not at all doom and gloom Razz Razz Whilst snow is neeeded to freshen up the slopes Signal at the top (cruising blue) and the Dome red from the glacier which connects are in fantastic condition. The re is in fact great skiing to be had all over the mountain and I can't recommend Easiski enough ( so long as you close your kid's ears when some idiot boarder attempts to wipe out the whole group in one foul move!!) I think he got the message Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simonmj66, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Russell, I shall look forward to it. Very Happy

Dawning clear this morning, temp 3 deg on my balcony, so warm but not apalling vis a vis this winter. Deffo dropped from yesterday, and going in the right direction. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
simonmj66, wrote
Quote:

( so long as you close your kid's ears when some idiot boarder attempts to wipe out the whole group in one foul move!!) I think he got the message
...now I wish I knew what Easiski said to the 'young lady' who sent me flying during my lesson....... Shocked wink - apparently thinking that it not being intentional made it OK - there was some dialogue and I am sure they got the message too Madeye-Smiley. But we had great lessons and think another LDA trip would be great. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys,

Just got back from ADH, conditions are getting very thin down the village.
Main nursery slopes are looking quite brown and the temps yesterday were far too warm Sad
Need to stay up above 2100 to get good base conditions.
Very slushy towards the end of the day, more like late spring conditions.

Took the heli flight to LDA on Friday 12th. Conditions were far better, though it was blowing a storm.
Funny/frustrating standing at the top of a slope and not gliding forward due to winds blowing up the slope.
Lovely top layer of snow on the packed base made it a great day.
On return to ADH, slopes had turned further brown Sad
Hope the temps drop significantly and some fresh snow falls soon.

J
(PS Is it worth posting this in a dedicated ADH thread? Couldn't find one)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski - thankyou for putting such a flattering picture of me on here - it was good fun though and an experience!

There is definitely plenty of snow for everyone to play in here!!

See you on Thursday Charlotte.

Jo

p.s I didn't really mind my claim to fame picture!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ferrari, I really didn't think you were in it until I saw it later - I didn't name you though!!! Jutta is expecting your call re bindings, and understands the problem. She'll talk to you about it.

Nice day but deffo chillier than yesterday, and indeed I had to resort to hot bath on my return home. I took a photo, but after welcome drinks with Kramer, Firefly, colin B, Achilles and Aztec and then a thai with Achilles and Colin B I'm too knackered - sorry guys. Will try to post it tomorrow morning before work, but it depends on waking up on time.... rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, drinking with Kramer and he didnt vomit on you ???!!! Amazing ! snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's yesterday's photo. this is just a bit above 2,600m, around 2/3 of the way down the Jandri blue run.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
On the whole it was cloudy but relatively mild today. All Snowheads present and (reasonably) correct. Glacier is still excellent, but even the Cretes this morning was fine. They're working very hard with the piste machines and harvesting snow from all sorts of unlikely places to keep it all up to scratch. skied the Dome and the lower part of Echines with Achilles and Aztec, and both were excellent. We then went by a rather circuitous route to the Gours which is fine. Sign up saying "manque de neige", but the neige wasn't really all that manquing at all - excellent. Very Happy Sadly no pic cos I got a message saying "not enough battery to take pictures". Will try harder tomorrow. So far, so good - no-one's unhappy with the conditions - of course it could always be better - but then it always can, can't it? Late in the day a few hard patches are appearing when boarders/beginners have all slipped the snow away, but otherwise still fine. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for continuing the updates, it's really handy to get such frequent on the spot updates!!

Are Kramers missions coping ok with the firm pistes Charlotte???

Cheers,
Greg
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just found this clip of the park in LDA
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8800269316414405407&q=les+deux+alps
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
COOOL! I'm off to LDA on Friday, wanna try and perfect my jumping skills but i'm pretty pants !
last year my first attempt i panicked last minute and i kinda fell over the jump head first - all captured on camera - oh the shame ! Embarassed
If anyone is out there from 19th - say hello if you see a lone girl boarder in pink camo pants in amongst 9 other guys !
and big thanks to EASISKI - your reports have been keeping me sane in the snow/no snow panic ... x
3 days to go and getting VERY excited now
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Kramer is VERY happy with his Missions - ditto Achilles with his - all smiles

debbi, I'll look out for you! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flying out from bristol this sat very early (6am) so should be on the slopes for the afternoon. Forecast looks like some snow towards the end of the week so fingers crossed. Will try and last more than a day without breaking anything this time (halfpipe BAD!) Very Happy If anybody else is flying from bristol we are four undisirables Smile looking very tired I will be hiding under my dakina beanie
snow report
easiski, how is achilles leg doing? No problem for him?

Thought it would have sounded a bit daft saying how's Achilles achilles tendon doing Laughing
ski holidays
Hi Guys. DH and I and two lo's are coming to LDA for the first time on 24th Feb. As Debbi said, thanks for your reports, they are definitely making me more and more excited every day. Very Happy
latest report
Leis, welcome to Snowheads snowHead If I didnt have this contract to complete I would be out there with you. Maybee later.
Have a good Ski !
snow report
Awww thanks for the welcom Lampbus.
latest report
Leis, Welcome.

lampbus, We're all missing you!

Linds, fine yesterday,, but I was kind - no hopping on one leg - only skiing on it. I thought he was skiing well.

Just a cover of light cloud today, middling warm, certainly not hot but there is deffo a change in the weather. It's now looking like we may get a dusting on Weds night. Very Happy Very Happy that's according to the local weather station, so probably fairly reliable. Hope so. Very Happy
snow report
Leis, welcome !! i'm a newbie myself but these guys really make you feel welcome
Good news for some snow - Metcheck is sooo blooming unreliable, yesterday it was forecasting at least 7cms for weds - which was nice , but today its gone.
Mad
snow report
debbi, Meteoconsult are saying snow all day on Thurs now, but with variable 0deg. Not above about 1800 and not much below the town, so no change (potentially) to the condition of the runs to town, but a nice top up where it matters - above 2000m! Very Happy Very Happy Keep everything crossed.
snow report
easiski wrote:
kitenski, Kramer is VERY happy with his Missions - ditto Achilles with his - all smiles

Thanks Charlotte, If I remember correctly you suggested some stiffer skis would help his skiing progress, do you notice any difference between last years B2 Kramer and this years Mission Kramer (excluding the fact the lucky so and so had a pre Xmas trip to Whistler!!

Regards,

Greg
latest report
kitenski, I reckon he'll be heavier Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Hi All,

!st time I have used this site. Been lurking on here since Debbi recommended it - I'm one of the 9 guys who will have to put up with her pink camo pants!!!!! Shocked

Did wonder where Debbi got all her info from - now I know. Keep up the good works boys and girls...

Debbi - only 66 hrs and 15 mins til take off Very Happy

regards,
Kris
snow conditions
meadwak, welcome to slushnuts ! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
meadwak, Howdy doody and welcome mudheads (if some doom mongers were to be believed)

Smokin Joe, Kramer is about the same weight, but rumour is that is body is now a temple.
snow conditions
meadwak,
yo boarder dude !
please tell me you havent got a little xls sheet that counts down like my uncle sent us last year ??? hehe
See you at that ungodly hour on Friday morning - i promise no pink camo pants till we hit the slopes Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
"Metcheck Snow Dump Alert for Les Deux Alpes Issued : 17 January 2007 Resort Height : 1,270m

The following forecast is based on the latest weather model showing the expected snowfall, amount and the freezing level height for the next 7 days.

Monday
0.9cm of snow at 1466m at 12:00 [Rain at Resort]
2.0cm of snow at 1356m at 15:00 [Rain at Resort]
3.6cm of snow at 1188m at 18:00 [Snow at Resort]
3.4cm of snow at 1040m at 21:00 [Snow at Resort]
Tuesday
7.7cm of snow at 987m at 0:00 [Snow at Resort]
2.2cm of snow at 997m at 3:00 [Snow at Resort]
7.6cm of snow at 892m at 6:00 [Snow at Resort]
1.9cm of snow at 925m at 9:00 [Snow at Resort]
2.9cm of snow at 1026m at 12:00 [Snow at Resort]
2.3cm of snow at 961m at 15:00 [Snow at Resort]
4.2cm of snow at 903m at 18:00 [Snow at Resort]
1.0cm of snow at 956m at 21:00 [Snow at Resort]
Wednesday
1.5cm of snow at 945m at 0:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.6cm of snow at 790m at 6:00 [Snow at Resort]

41.8cm expected over next 7 days."

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snowHead

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 17-01-07 16:41; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Loving that forecast ! lets hope it happens
snow report
Nice one Leis. Far more info than I can glean out of MetCheck!! Think 42cm should be a good start anyhow Very Happy

Debs, no spreadsheet - worked it all out in my little head... Just as well your not wearing them until the slopes. Pretty sure they are a criminal offense to wear in public places with no snow. HAHA

Cheers for the welcome all Cool slushnuts and mudheads - not sure if your insulting me or commenting on the snow conditions in LDA!
snow report
I signed up for an email alert and this is the first one I've received. Let's hope it DOES happen!
ski holidays
meadwak, There is no way we would insult a new snowhead........give it a week wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
meadwak, There is no way we would insult a new snowhead........give it a week wink

ahh, well thats OK then Very Happy . Assuming we have good snow, happy(!) to be fair game for insults when we get back. Although might have to censor any photographic/video evidence from debbi and her new camcorder!
latest report
Cant believe my luck - just booked a last minute deal in LDA for this weekend, fantastic price and now the forecast for snow - fingures crossed !! Little Angel
snow conditions
Call me a grumpy old git if you like - but can we not have moving fluffy things in signatures? It's doing my head in! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 John Heaton
John Heaton
cathy, Thanks,

Grumpy old git.

(Although I tend to agree) wink
ski holidays
John Heaton, thank you! NehNeh NehNeh

Previous discussion on sigs and thoughts by admin here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16144&start=0

PS sorry for the divert, there was just such a lot of them on this page! Back to LDA! Toofy Grin
snow report
It was a really nice day today, but deffo colder than of late. The cannons had been running on the Cretes overnight (you can just see if you look closely)

and the snow quality was good everywhere. Firefly, Mrs Firefly and Colin B were with me when I took this view of the upper part of the mountain looking towards the glacier. Please note I was standing at 2,900m at the time, so as you can see there's a lot of skiing below and above this level

Having finished up with Achilles and Aztec in the Grand Couloir, accompanied by Mr Aztec. He managed to do an amazing one hit descent on his back without skis of almost the entire run. This included quite large moguls, some rocks to dodge, and a near miss at the bottom. Not content with this, after sustenence at the oft-mentioned Bon Canon we were returning via the Champamé when the poor chap fell foul of this little ~"wall"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ikitenski, I can't say if Kramer's skiing has improved as I haven't skied with him. He booked too late and I was already full. He is going to have a private lesson with Euan though .................It's been more a meeting over hot chocolate .. He says he's thrilled though, and Achilles is really happy with his - even in bumps. Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

Call me a grumpy old git if you like - but can we not have moving fluffy things in signatures? It's doing my head in!

All gone . . . sorry <<hangsheadinshame>> Embarassed wink

Thanks for the update Easiski - looks awesome!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy