Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What reminds you of skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the scales, while reminding myself that a large chunk of the reason for dieting is to get fitter/lighter for skiing(/skinning/bootpacking) (and therefore maintain motivation to lose 0.5-1kg/week Smile )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
knackered knees wrote:
rickboden wrote:
Also looking into the eyes of my wonderful wife whom I met in Val d’Isère

I hope her name's not Alice Laughing

snowHead Cool Cool Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Being at a gig and having to order lager.......reminds me of the eurofizz rubbish on offer everywhere near the slopes*

*Appreciate this is slowly changing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Val Gardena website putting on its Winter home page (which it has just done...)

https://www.valgardena.it/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
qwerty360 wrote:
Looking at the scales, while reminding myself that a large chunk of the reason for dieting is to get fitter/lighter for skiing(/skinning/bootpacking) (and therefore maintain motivation to lose 0.5-1kg/week Smile )

Oh yes. I am currently trying to shed to stone I've put on in the last year otherwise my salopettes will be veeeeeeeeerrry tight at Christmas.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GreenDay wrote:
Being at a gig and having to order lager.......reminds me of the eurofizz rubbish on offer everywhere near the slopes*

*Appreciate this is slowly changing.

I like a beer, glass of wine, whisky as much as the next man but I virtually never drink while skiing,

Love some of the thoughts on the thread though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Diesel engine fumes in cold weather. Something about the smell, maybe it's the cold-weather blend? Gets me every time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going to work
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m one of those sados with little to no imagination. Sad

Nothing reminds me of skiing except skiing itself.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
hang11 wrote:
Going to work

Very Happy

Seeing the resort fridge magnets I've put on the communal fridge in work.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My name is dode and I have a problem.

My house is adorned in ski posters and I have wallpapered a chunk of it in piste maps.

Still never owned more than 1pr of skis at a time tho… it’s not like I’m some kind of addict, with a problem!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So your problem is?

I wallpapered a half wall in my bathroom with Ordnance Survey maps of part of the Scottish Highlands. It just happens that when you are on the loo, at near eye level are both West coast ski resorts. Pure chance of course, as I tell my wife.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My downstairs khazi is also wallpapered with pistemaps. I think its a default SH theme.
There are also some stickers in there from Kicking Horse saying "Hoof Hearted" and one from Whistler stating that "We Love Big Dumps"... Dead classy at Chez Sideways.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over a number of years, whenever in France I hoovered up postcards of the vintage skiing posters. Four to a frame, they sit on my walls going up the stairs.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My husband picked up some framed vintage skiing pictures at an antiques fayre. They're on the landing.

And there was me keeping pristine copies of piste maps of resorts we've visited ready to frame and display when we've done the extension, thinking I was weird.
snow conditions
There's a lot of tracks, either from listening to it while skiing or from a ski movie. This is from both, originally I heard it in Supervention but it's also one of my favourites for the end of a day, skiing a last run as the sun sets

http://youtube.com/v/8Cn4huIqY8o

Also Heathrow, Gatwick and Bristol airports.
ski holidays
My house is built on a hillside so you enter in the living room and go downstairs to the bedrooms, where aside from me there are the wife and two daughters. So at the top of the stairs I have a Lake Louise trail sign “Ladies Downhill”.
latest report
Bachs Mass in b minor, John Elliot Gardiner. On uni ski trips the coach journey went on and on. I'd usually have listened to it twice before we had got to Bourg.
snow conditions
Owlette wrote:
My husband picked up some framed vintage skiing pictures at an antiques fayre. They're on the landing.

And there was me keeping pristine copies of piste maps of resorts we've visited ready to frame and display when we've done the extension, thinking I was weird.

I've kept piste maps from almost everywhere I've been over the last 35 years. Particularly interesting comparing 'then and now' re lifts. Nothing wrong with being weird!
ski holidays
Old ski passes remind me of trips long past.
snow report
@Layne, we filled a few frames with old passes to also stick on the wall. The older ones with passport pics on them work best for this.
ski holidays
Have my background on my phone rotating different nature shots. Love when it cuts to a picture from the piste and trying to work out where it is and then get all excited for the season ahead.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy