Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tyrolean ski resorts cancel Local discounts but ..Good news for Non Residents

Poster: A snowHead
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:
So I made it to the Kassa today, and Zillertal are giving a locals discount with the Meldezettel again this season.

Is that for a Tirol card or just the local one?

Zillertal Bergpass. It's substantially cheaper than Tirol Snowcard, but with the 5 masters races I'll need to pay for, it's a toss up between the two.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Thew2002, whilst I'm sure you're right about Ischgl, why not consider another Snow Card resort and save yourself the cost of the Arlberg? There are plenty of other big areas – Mayhofen/Zillertal, Serfaus Fiss-Ladis, Kitzbühel, Sölden etc – if that's what you are looking for. Though tbh, on a powder day, small, quiet areas can be a winner, and you'll have access to plenty of those.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've already paid for accomodation for five months at St Anton. If I knew about these options before then I may have picked an alternative place to stay sadly.

Austrian resorts look awesome, I've never even been to Austria before
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there any cheap vans I can rent from innsbruck to spend some time in solden prior to my season....? That'd kill the transport and accomodation in one stone
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Thew2002, check out roadsurfer. I don't know what they charge, but they have a bunch of vans right near the train station in Jenbach.

https://roadsurfer.com/de/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%7Bcampaignid%7D&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D&utm_content=EarlyBird24_Stage4&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw0t63BhAUEiwA5xP54Qrhx9Wn8MeWZdK6Faa-BZ7aGOC1oPTAXAIQxpo5Z6ttbA88bBXWfhoCdd4QAvD_BwE
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That's great thanks. Any tips of how the van life works? Is it best to hook up to electricity in the resort rather than hang away and park for free?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swskier wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:
So I made it to the Kassa today, and Zillertal are giving a locals discount with the Meldezettel again this season.

Zillertal Bergpass. It's substantially cheaper than Tirol Snowcard, but with the 5 masters races I'll need to pay for, it's a toss up between the two.

I thought that's what it would be, good to know they are still giving discounts. My mate has decided not to get a Tirol card this year as he doesn't use it enough so if he can get a discount on a couple of day tickets at Hintertux in October/ November he will be well happy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thew2002 wrote:
I feel like I am fully missing something here. I have only just looked into the snow card tirol and it seems to be €1,124 and included Ischgl, but the Ischgl season pass alone is €1,124.... Are you restricted to only a set number of days in each resort or something with the Tirol one? Thank you!

As far I understand, the Ischgl season pass also include summer season. The snow card tirol is winter only.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:

I thought that's what it would be, good to know they are still giving discounts. My mate has decided not to get a Tirol card this year as he doesn't use it enough so if he can get a discount on a couple of day tickets at Hintertux in October/ November he will be well happy.

I did ask if there was a deadline on buying a locals discounted pass, and she said it's best to buy it asap, whatever that means. As it happens I think i'll plump for the Tirol snowcard anyway, as it'll only need maybe 1 day out of the valley beyond what I have planned and then it's basically on the same level of cost as the Snowcard, and it gives me the freedom of skiing with friends/colleagues, plus also handy on weekends I need to do an airport run, can nip to somewhere local after for a ski then travel back to the Zillertal.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thew2002 wrote:
That's great thanks. Any tips of how the van life works? Is it best to hook up to electricity in the resort rather than hang away and park for free?

As far as I'm aware, I don't think you're allowed to camp anywhere except official sites. That said, I have and many do sleep in the car park at Hintertux, i've also seen a video where someone sleeps in the Kaltenbach car park, so you can get away with it, just be aware it's not allowed officially.

In terms of electricity, it depends really. The campers will have a leisure battery, and this will charge while driving, but it depends how long you're planning on hiring for. If it were just a weekend you'd be fine, but if an extended period, and no solar to charge you're going to need to hook up on a camp site.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is one glacier, Pitztal I think, that I believe does allow campers. You should be able to find some info about it online.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
There is one glacier, Pitztal I think, that I believe does allow campers. You should be able to find some info about it online.

We glad we used that long stay car park last time, we went to Wildspitze then took wrong turn on our way back, and appiered down to Solden (Vent), then it took more than 4 hours to get back to the Mittelberg, we returned back about 10pm, we been glad our car wasnt evecuated as would happen if we parked closer to the Rifflsee gondola.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
anyone has any idea to keep the skibag around Innsbruck train station If I want to ski one week per month, It make sense keeping ski equipment in Austria
I came across this in Innsbruck - but the €18/day Shocked price is ridiculous. Cheaper to pay ski carriage each time.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
swskier wrote:

I did ask if there was a deadline on buying a locals discounted pass, and she said it's best to buy it asap, whatever that means. As it happens I think i'll plump for the Tirol snowcard anyway, as it'll only need maybe 1 day out of the valley beyond what I have planned and then it's basically on the same level of cost as the Snowcard, and it gives me the freedom of skiing with friends/colleagues, plus also handy on weekends I need to do an airport run, can nip to somewhere local after for a ski then travel back to the Zillertal.

I think that just means some areas (I have heard of others) are just waiting until the government or whoever tells them they must comply. For me it makes no difference as I only ever get a local pass (subsidised by Tirol Schileherverband) as I never have time to ski elsewhere apart from maybe a couple of days before the season starts (usually Hintertux). Once we are closed I'm ready to put my feet up and recover (not being in the first flush of youth) while I wait for cycling season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
swskier wrote:
Thew2002 wrote:

As far as I'm aware, I don't think you're allowed to camp anywhere except official sites. That said, I have and many do sleep in the car park at Hintertux, i've also seen a video where someone sleeps in the Kaltenbach car park, so you can get away with it, just be aware it's not allowed officially.

Yep in Ötztal especially highly likely the police would be knocking sooner rather than later
snow report
I guess the common strategy is when they knock, pretend that nobody is there Smile
ski holidays
ed48 wrote:
I guess the common strategy is when they knock, pretend that nobody is there Smile

I did that in Chill Factore once, skiing didn't really match up to the Austrian glaciers though Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I'm trying to think of a way to get the early bird discounted price for me and my mate, annoyingly if I fly out to grab it myself it means the cost of getting to UK airport, flight, and transfer to a resort (all x 2...). If anyone has a genius idea of paying someone in Tirol to grab this for us please share!
snow report
@Thew2002, you have to have a photo taken for your pass, so you have to do it in person. It's the whole reason for the early bird price, now that locals discounts are being cancelled, it's their way of legally doing a locals discount.
snow conditions
It says online you can get the photo when you first use it, so you can pick up for others. I only found that out today
ski holidays
Source:

https://www.skiwelt.at/en/snow-card-tirol.html

Can someone else buy the Snow Card Tirol for me? Does this also apply to advance sales? Yes! However, on your first day of skiing, you will need to take a quick photo at the lift ticket office to activate the card. If you have already purchased a Snow Card Tirol (i.e. you are an existing customer), give your friend your old Snow Card Tirol to top up!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy