Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2024/2025 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Randyp909 wrote:

This is awkward for accommodation that understandably, many places are only booking full weeks starting and finishing on the Saturday or Sunday. So there isn't a lot of availability now for a short trip, without spending £££££.

Having this exact problem for a quick weekend to Avoriaz from 19th to 22nd! We can get accommodation for the Thursday & Friday night but then the "full week" only bookings kick in from the 21th! So the current plan is to ski all day on the Saturday and then head back to Geneva in the evening for a night in a cheap budget hotel ahead of the flight home Sunday morning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a good option, I'm always concerned skiing late and timing it right to get to Geneva Airport through traffic, check-in and security. A hotel near the airport takes the time pressure off.

You could always do what we did when I royally screwed up dates and bookings one time and had to book 3 different places in Les Gets over 4 nights: 2 nights at The old Boomerang, then a night in a shared catered chalet which contained a large french party and just us, then a final night at the Labrador to cheer up my wife and kids! Traipsing all all over town with our bags. We got 5.5 days of skiing at least!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Randyp909 wrote:
That's a good option, I'm always concerned skiing late and timing it right to get to Geneva Airport through traffic, check-in and security. A hotel near the airport takes the time pressure off.

You could always do what we did when I royally screwed up dates and bookings one time and had to book 3 different places in Les Gets over 4 nights: 2 nights at The old Boomerang, then a night in a shared catered chalet which contained a large french party and just us, then a final night at the Labrador to cheer up my wife and kids! Traipsing all all over town with our bags. We got 5.5 days of skiing at least!

Yeah in some ways doing the transfer back to Geneva in the evening the night before the flight might work out for the best in the long run. I will certainly save a very very early morning pick up/transfer!

The multi-accommodation trip sounds like it might be fun in the right circumstances! We'll be a party of 10 with 4 children with us so will try that another time lol
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roscoe wrote:

The multi-accommodation trip sounds like it might be fun in the right circumstances! We'll be a party of 10 with 4 children with us so will try that another time lol

Certainly better with fewer people, but not really recommended. Good luck with your party of 10, i find it seems to get exponentially more difficult when trying to meet skiing requirements beyond immediate family, and theres always the worry as an organiser, if things go awry, who is responsible?

Good luck sorting your gang out and hope you have a successful trip!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. It’s certainly a lot of work sorting it all but starting with the advantage of everyone wanting to be there in the right mindset helps. That way if/when things don’t quite go to plan, everyone is a lot more forgiving.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, ive just booked a Geneva flights, 20th Dec - 23rd. Hoping to stay in LG, apart from the obvious hotel sites and airbnb, is there anywhere I should be looking for the vest accom options in Les Gets?

Also, typically how much is a return transfer from GVA to LG for an adult? Considering hiring a care but unsure for now.

Cheers!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dh900 wrote:
Hi, ive just booked a Geneva flights, 20th Dec - 23rd. Hoping to stay in LG, apart from the obvious hotel sites and airbnb, is there anywhere I should be looking for the vest accom options in Les Gets?

Also, typically how much is a return transfer from GVA to LG for an adult? Considering hiring a care but unsure for now.

Cheers!

How many for the accommodation?

I’ve stayed at Hotel Regina which was cheap and cheerful but close to the slopes and Main Street in town.

I tend to use private transfers (ski lifts,etc,etc) which normally works out around £100 per person return

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 19-09-24 21:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dh900, try local immobiliers or rental agencies. Not familiar enough with Les Gets sadly, but if you try the Les Gets FB group (Les Gets Community - What’s Up) someone may well have something. Our neighbour advertises their place on Virb.

And private transfers seem to be around €500-550 return for up to 7 people this year, or shared about €55 each way. Lots of options on here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1aE9crBSfm32N7GOLUPxH-po2p0mLyoiLV5Y-602SnYE/htmlview#gid=0
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3 adults, 1infant. Ideally with 2 bedrooms.

Ive seen Regina come up on most hotel sites, location looks perfect for a 3 dayer. Most other hotels look sold out or silly money.

I guess airbnb is only other option unless there is a french or local site with local accom...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dh900, this may be too Morzine biased but this is a newish group focused on holiday lets: https://www.facebook.com/share/g/Fypjoki89jJajW8E/?mibextid=K35XfP
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay wrote:
@dh900, try local immobiliers or rental agencies. Not familiar enough with Les Gets sadly, but if you try the Les Gets FB group (Les Gets Community - What’s Up) someone may well have something. Our neighbour advertises their place on Virb.

And private transfers seem to be around €500-550 return for up to 7 people this year, or shared about €55 each way. Lots of options on here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1aE9crBSfm32N7GOLUPxH-po2p0mLyoiLV5Y-602SnYE/htmlview#gid=0

Perfect, I do recall seeing that google sheet before. Ill look at the FB groups. Thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy