Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seasonnaire jobs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
swskier wrote:
@clarky999, instructing isn't much more than that now! In Mayrhofen I was offered €16 p/h brutto to do some weekend work as a L2. The OH worked with some instructors during Snowbombing who were taking home around the €1200 per month.

In the restaurant the OH was in it was c.€1900 netto plus tips, so probably around the €2500 mark most months.

In Andorra last season, Jnr was guaranteed about €1,600 (no extras). If he had a busy month and went over the minimum number of hours or was booked for private lessons (where a client specifically requested him), then he got more for the extra hours. Feb and March he was clearing at least €2k. That said, in Feb he didn’t have a day off.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hammerite wrote:
swskier wrote:
@clarky999, instructing isn't much more than that now! In Mayrhofen I was offered €16 p/h brutto to do some weekend work as a L2. The OH worked with some instructors during Snowbombing who were taking home around the €1200 per month.

In the restaurant the OH was in it was c.€1900 netto plus tips, so probably around the €2500 mark most months.

In Andorra last season, Jnr was guaranteed about €1,600 (no extras). If he had a busy month and went over the minimum number of hours or was booked for private lessons (where a client specifically requested him), then he got more for the extra hours. Feb and March he was clearing at least €2k. That said, in Feb he didn’t have a day off.

Crazy that a job that requires qualifications (and the costs involved) to still earn less than working in a restaurant role, and in order to do so having to work every day for an entire month!

To get to the stage where you can work in the mountains you're already about €3.5k down (when going through the BASI/IASI route).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@swskier, I think he may have earned a reasonable amount more in Feb. I know it was at least €2k though. I’m not sure what restaurant workers in Andorra earn but there is a minimum wage (€1,350-ish). Cost of living is pretty low though apart from the cost of an apartment. As for no day off, he may have only been teaching 2 hours and then he’d spend the rest of the day skiing with mates (forever phone watching on lifts though checking the booking system in case they get allocated another lesson).

I don’t think it’s sustainable long term but he’s still young and enjoying it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hammerite, it becomes more sustainable long term if you dedicate yourself to the qualifications and get fully qualified. If you then start working independently and you're busy you can really start racking up the money!

You just need to take a look at a random selection of resorts on Maison sport to see you'd be paying an instructor €80-100 an hour, of which they keep a fair chunk. That becomes a lot more sustainable if you're getting the hours in across a season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
swskier wrote:
@hammerite, it becomes more sustainable long term if you dedicate yourself to the qualifications and get fully qualified. If you then start working independently and you're busy you can really start racking up the money!

You just need to take a look at a random selection of resorts on Maison sport to see you'd be paying an instructor €80-100 an hour, of which they keep a fair chunk. That becomes a lot more sustainable if you're getting the hours in across a season.

Yes, probably is if you go down that route, but not particularly sustainable the way Jnr is doing it. This is a problem with Andorra because there’s only one employer of instructors and independent/private instructors aren’t allowed to operate. After this coming season, he’s considering heading to North America or Japan for a season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
swskier wrote:

Yes, probably is if you go down that route, but not particularly sustainable the way Jnr is doing it. This is a problem with Andorra because there’s only one employer of instructors and independent/private instructors aren’t allowed to operate. After this coming season, he’s considering heading to North America or Japan for a season.

I think he may find that many resorts outside the alps are 'corporate towns'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy