Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2024-2025

Poster: A snowHead
phhun wrote:
Interesting changes coming for RdM. Looking at this year's piste map, is there a new red from the top of Rossa chair off Crepines to Levasset piste. Is this to bypass the 'shelf' at Carella/Killis?

It’s actually been there a couple of years. I think it appeared the winter after we were closed for Covid. It’s a nice little link off the top of rossa, can get quite modules but also catches a lot of snow in the bowl so good for a few nice turns after a dump
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2024-2025 press kit available and there is a New heated picnic room at top of Roche de Mio:

Press kit to read here: https://www.presse-laplagne.com/en/press-releases/le-nouveau-dossier-de-presse-hiver-2023-2024-est-en-ligne/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still trying to get an idea of what pistes will likely be open from 14th December (opening week). For example would any of the runs down to Montalbert be open and what about the Roche chair ? Also what about on the Chamagny side, would Borseliers and Rossa chairs be likely to be running ?

Thanks for any info and I'm being a bit wary as once went to Courchevel with Crystal opening week and virtually everything was closed (plenty of snow). Ended up hiring a car to drive to Meribel (was ok) and Val Thorens (very good) before then heading off to Tignes (superb).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jammy 07, https://en.la-plagne.com/discover/ski-area
Quote:
Montalbert, Champagny-en-Vanoise and Montchavin - Les Coches: from 14 December 2024 to 21 April 2025

Not every piste will be open but I don't envisage a general issue. Not sure what was going on in Courch when you were there. Yes, I'd certainly expect Borseliers and Rossa, and Roche to be running.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Layne,
Many thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Are there normally early bird discounts available for weekly and season passes and if so, when do they normally come on sale?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@trmacc, Discussion/info towards the bottom of the first page of last years thread:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165367&
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you thierryd.
Interesting video showing the new gondola out of Bellecote:
Roche de Mio ver 7 from Compagnie des Alpes
https://vimeo.com/960101558/03bf87bc9c
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have booked a private transfer using Findtransfers.com from Grenoble Airport to La Plagne one way for 290 euro (4 persons). No idea if it will be any good or reliable as first time using but it's cash/card on the day to the driver.

All I can add is I've now received the contact details for the driver (email and whatsapp) and everything is confirmed so fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Booked ski train for Mid Jan, but can't find the timetables for navette from Aime up to the resort ... anyone know where they are ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Snowing at 3000m today

Real start of the season !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jammy 07 wrote:
Have booked a private transfer using Findtransfers.com from Grenoble Airport to La Plagne one way for 290 euro (4 persons). No idea if it will be any good or reliable as first time using but it's cash/card on the day to the driver.

All I can add is I've now received the contact details for the driver (email and whatsapp) and everything is confirmed so fingers crossed.

Sounds slightly sketchy, there are lots of dodgy non-french transfer companies operating from Latvia etc, with lots of horror stories. Drivers over worked and not slept, not turning up for jobs etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Posted in 23/24 thread by mistake Confused
See what @boredsurfin found today: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165367&start=840#5330816
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
timlongs wrote:
Jammy 07 wrote:

Sounds slightly sketchy, there are lots of dodgy non-french transfer companies operating from Latvia etc, with lots of horror stories. Drivers over worked and not slept, not turning up for jobs etc.

Thanks for the comments and yes I'm definitely a little skeptical and concerned about how this will all pan out. Firstly hopefully they'll turn up, which they might not if a better fare is on offer elsewhere, plus there's then the issue of driver/vehicle safety. Anyway let's see and as I've now got a return booked with them it's either going to be plain sailing, or complications and potential disaster at some point.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thierryd wrote:
2024-2025 press kit available and there is a New heated picnic room at top of Roche de Mio:

Press kit to read here: https://www.presse-laplagne.com/en/press-releases/le-nouveau-dossier-de-presse-hiver-2023-2024-est-en-ligne/

Thanks for sharing that pack. Very informative and interesting.

We are brown baggers so looking forward to using the new picnic room in December.
snow report
Good that La Plagne is spending money on decent picnic facilities. Les Arcs has a nice picnic room in Arc 1950, and the one built a few years ago at the top of the Vallandry gondola is amazing, even has a little museum of mountain animals to add some interest.
ski holidays
Snow at 3000m. And a lovely day snowHead
https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/live-3000
snow report
Got a note from the sales team to say tickets will go on sale 19/9/24 Smile
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Good that La Plagne is spending money on decent picnic facilities. Les Arcs has a nice picnic room in Arc 1950, and the one built a few years ago at the top of the Vallandry gondola is amazing, even has a little museum of mountain animals to add some interest.

That picnic spot is absurdly well done isn't it? Feels almost an injustice calling it a picnic spot. It even has vending machines selling beaufort, wine and... knives.

Does anyone know if the glacier is typically not prepped to be open for the opening week(s)? Last season I was disappointed when it wasn't yet open in mid Dec, but that could likely have been due to the new gondola not being fully operational yet.
snow conditions
@Ruswit, Last it was late opening because they were still getting their safety certificates and stuff.

Finally opened 29th December.

Would have thought it would be open from the get go this year.
ski holidays
Fingers crossed, makes me feel more confident booking an earlier trip in Dec if the higher altitude stuff is all available.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy