Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2024/2025 (Dec 4th - April 22)

Poster: A snowHead
@Thew2002, Unlike in the UK & Ireland, in most countries individuals have to formally register their place of residence with the state (usually the local town hall), all sorts of things flow from this like tax status, voting, driving licence details etc. This also applies to temporary places of residence such as hotels and tourist apartments. When you arrive at such places in Austria the owners will ask to see your passport or ID card and take down the details which are then passed on to the local office dealing with residency. If you were taking a long term let then it is likely you would be required to register at the local town hall and show proof to the owner. For tourists most of the time the details simply gather dust (or its electronic equivalent) in the files. If something were to happen eg an accident requiring a hospital visit, interaction with the Police etc then the records would be checked. I would assume that there would be a check on non EEA citizens that they have the relevant visa or are under 90 days. Some countries seem to have got less strict about all this (I cant remember the last time I had to show my passport at a hotel in Germany or Holland) but most such as Austria, Italy, Spain & Switzerland are strict about doing so and a passport / ID card is required at check in.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh darn it. Fair enough, seems my Austrian plan is toast then... Ffs
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had to show my passport at a couple of hotels in Germany last week, but not all of them, seemed a bit random.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess one other final idea. If I get the visa D for France again let's say from February 1st onwards for six months. Per the terms of this visa it would allow 90 days Shengen travel during the period of the visa (and hence could go to Austria for Feb 1st - 30th April).

In addition I could use the normal UK passport Schengen arrangement where you get 90 days as normal, and use it for 1st December to 1st February.

Would this work and be allowable?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Thew2002, I dont think so, the 90/180 thing is separate from any visa or resident permit you may have. So once you have used up your 90 days you have to wait another 90. A country visa does not give any additional entitlement to time in the rest of Schengen. The whole thing is insane but that is a discussion that has been had on here ad nauseum and not worth going over yet again. Perhaps look at a split season, start off in St Anton then go to France or Switzerland (or wherever gives you a visa) for the rest
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
munich_irish wrote:
The checks coming into Germany from Austria have been in place since 2016 (though officially "temporary") but in reality dont amount to much as they are for show rather than anything else (some high profile checkpoints at Kufstein, Salzburg & Passau which stop the odd vehicle especially minibuses). The additional checks in place for the football have gone.

I was stopped at this check point last October taking my in laws back to Munich airport. Our van only has 3 seats and the OH was sat in the back of the van on the bed. The check was as much as asking if we were all British, and they didn't even look in the back where they'd have seen the OH sat illegally on the bed.

That's the only time I've been checked, or seen anyone checked and we've been through there at least half a dozen times. One thing to note though was I was driving a UK registered van at the time, and now we have an Austrian van they don't bother with us.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:
@Thew2002, I dont think so, the 90/180 thing is separate from any visa or resident permit you may have. So once you have used up your 90 days you have to wait another 90. A country visa does not give any additional entitlement to time in the rest of Schengen. The whole thing is insane but that is a discussion that has been had on here ad nauseum and not worth going over yet again. Perhaps look at a split season, start off in St Anton then go to France or Switzerland (or wherever gives you a visa) for the rest

Are there any season ski lift passes for multiple resorts, or would I have to buy two separate ones? It's just frustrating as we've found some good season accomodation at St Anton..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Thew2002, unfortunately you are hitting obstacles everywhere you turn. The Arlberg lift company are very reluctant about who they do deals with, they are not even part of the Tirol season ticket which all the other areas (including Ischgl, Serfaus, Kitzbühel etc are). One option I know very little about is the link up with the North American passes (Ikon?). I know they are valid in a number of European resorts including Arlberg (keen to cash in on American tourists!) but no idea how many days per season. I believe areas like 3V & Val d'Isere are also part of the same deal
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to add more confusion into the mix, after I got a straight up 'no' from my emails from the Austrian embassy for a tourist visa, my friend (who I was planning to go to St Anton with) has received an invite to the embassy to be allowed in (despite his email saying pretty much the exact same thing as me!)...

It is sort of annoying his meeting is the end of September so I won't know if he has been accepted until then but overall the email sounded pretty promising. Can someone try and make sense of this?!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munich_irish, Thanks for that unwarranted comment. sei nett zu mir für die Gemütlichkeit Puzzled

I live in the Landeck Municipality during the winter season. I think i provide some good advanced, historic & current content on here for many seasons..

Try to do the same please and not be disrespectfull...
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Clarity I was not aware @Thew2002, had a Visa for France ... This was mentoned on here ..as far as I could see..

@Thew2002, If you stay in a Tourist accomodation (what ever style ) You have to provide personal details on a registration form that the accomodation provider will give to you as soon as you arrive. ...Name. DoB, Address, ID number. Signature..

Where as .... if you were renting a property (as beocmng a resident in the district ) you would registrate at the local city hall.

FYI.. St Anton s moving away from it notorious hard ski , hard apres ski party alcohol fuelled ski bums image due to recent events in the last few seasons.. They do not want the Ischgl brand ..
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regardng the Temporary internal Schengen border controls ...

I am well are they have been in operation for years but i will add Controls are frequent on crossborder coaches like Flix and they also on the trains .. Flixbus for just a prime example Route :- Innsbruck to Munich is reguarly stopped by the German Police at Mittenwald..

The controls above are always ongoing

I forgot to add the Official Link to the Official temporary re introduction border controls which are more substansive ..

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/schengen-area/temporary-reintroduction-border-control_en

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hiking in the Mountans ths summer?? ..

Last weekend on the Zugspitz Two young folks were struck by lightning.

Thunderstorms on the mountain: 5 tips to minimise risk

https://www.meinbezirk.at/tirol/c-lokales/gewitter-am-berg-5-tipps-zur-risikominimierung_a4790570
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton,
Quote:

sei nett zu mir für die Gemütlichkeit

Still working on the German I see!

The main points about hiking & thunderstorms
- Check the weather report & don't do long tours when storms are predicted
- Look at the sky. If you see anvil shaped clouds, get the hell off any exposed and / or pointy thing
- Same applies if you start to get gusty winds & cloud formation
- If attached to a metal rope (klettersteig / via ferrata) while anvil shaped clouds are forming... get unattached ASAP. A lightning conductor is not the right thing to hang onto at these times
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stanton, sadly amongst the sometimes useful information you post there is all sorts of nonsense and wrong info, hence why you are limited to one post a day.

Yes you see the border police on trains from Kufstein into Germany. I have never seen them actually check anyone but there are few non white folk for them to be suspicious about. Similarly as above cars with German / Austrian / Dutch plates will be waved though whereas a mini bus with Bulgarian plates is an instant "pull". Flixbuses are another obvious pull as they are used by "poor people"! Nothing to do with brits and 90 days.

@Thew2002, I guess you can be lucky sometimes. Austria seems very restrictive in this regard, doesnt make sense when the people they are keeping out are wanting to spend money in the country!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think I'm going to hopefully get in on his interview and be allowed in too. Going to be extremely stressful if rejected though! I promise to spend plenty Austria government if you're reading this
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Thew2002, make sure you have your health insurance completely sorted. Might be worth becoming members of the Austrian Alpine club (there is a UK section) just to show you love Austria Smile - it will also mean any mountain rescue costs are covered.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@munich_irish,
There is nothing strange about Ski Arlberg not being part of a larger Tirol skipass:
1.Biggest part of Arlberg is in Vorarlberg. By far actually.
2.On top of that, the Vorarlberg side has the limitation of skipass sales in case of overcrowding
snow report
@Langerzug, It seems it has changed and the Tirol season pass can be used in the Arlberg (including the Vorarlberg parts) only for 3 days though. Not much help for tourists as it it is Tirol residents only. I assume the deal with the US scheme is popular with local hoteliers to help with attracting US visitors.
latest report
Holiday makers staying in hotels, apartments etc fill in a guest registration form on arrival to cover the duration of their stay, allows the tourist office to compile statistics, levy a tourist tax to pay for the buses and the cleaning and the shush police amongst other things. Also ensures accomodations designated for tourism are used for that purpose.

People staying in austria for non touristic purposes and renting an accomodation, or having accom provided by an employer fill in a registration form to let the municipal know where they are staying, on this you can declare it as a main residence, or a second residence.
snow report
@munich_irish, Can you stop bitching at everything I post ..It is not normal behaviour..

FYI . I am fluent in Dutch, German, Schweizerdeutsch , English, French and can pretty much get by in Danish, Spanish & Portuguese.

I have been posting good content about the Arlberg on here since 2004 ways before you came along in 2018..

Your comment

""Flixbuses are another obvious pull as they are used by "poor people"" is distasteful

This is an example of what you obviously do not know..

During the season the Munich Airport to Innsbruck Flixbus is the most popular route for Scandinavians Ski Bums (1000's) to get to Western Austria Arlberg & Silvretta.. Tickets are as cheap at €8 (last season) and the Flixbus can be quicker than the train which is much more expensive...

Scandinavian Ski Bums are NOT Poor !!!

So calm down and Lets move on Please !!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Thew2002, If your not working you will not be considered a seasonaire (ski bum) ..Just a tourist .. Your be very lucky if you get a discount at all ..most Ski bums cannot even aford to go to the bars... They load up with with bottles & cans down the supermarket ...and they only go out on there day off ! No Skibum goes out and party's hard over the Xmas/ New Year Holidays (this is an employers "days off" blocking zone) If they do a job over this period they can stay the rest of the season..but the rest get released and they find new people. which btw early January is a good time to find work as employers are eager to fill these vacant slots.

0.5l beer costs approx €8 in Apres Bars and in Town. Probably nearer €9 this season ..

FYI: Arlberg Lift Company gives NO Discounts and NO Refunds ..Only what is published .. They always keep one tow lift open so they do not have to give refunds.

Ikon pass is not valid in Arlberg

Epicpass is but only for a minimum 3 consecutive days, Only valid for One visit per season and you must stay at Participating Hotels (High end expensive) ... It is more aimed for Amercans & Australians who have bought the Epic Pass back in there own countrys..

Australia is having a Epic Season Very Happy !! https://www.mthotham.com.au/on-mountain/conditions/snow-weather-report

@Langerzug, is correct about Ticket Sales on Ticket/Crowd control over Western Arlberg (Lech & Zürs) .. Something folks should be aware of who buy there tickets in St Anton & find it does not work when they get to the Flexenbahn (very rare but can happen) Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
'@Thew2002, If your not working you will not be considered a seasonaire (ski bum) ..Just a tourist .. Your be very lucky if you get a discount at all ..most Ski bums cannot even aford to go to the bars... They load up with with bottles & cans down the supermarket ...and they only go out on there day off ! No Skibum goes out and party's hard over the Xmas/ New Year Holidays (this is an employers "days off" blocking zone) If they do a job over this period they can stay the rest of the season..but the rest get released and they find new people. which btw early January is a good time to find work as employers are eager to fill these vacant slots.

0.5l beer costs approx €8 in Apres Bars and in Town. Probably nearer €9 this season'

I am slightly confused by what you mean by saying 'ski bums only go out on their day off'. Surely being a ski bum means every day is a day off???

It would be nice if I can get a seasonnairre/locals discount but obviously I will have to just suck it up if I don't. I got it in Meribel France last year but I understand if Austria is more strict around this sort of thing. I'll try my best and see what happens.

I likely will come back to Wales during the Xmas week to be with family so I don't expect to party that week anyway. Maybe I am naive but I still reckon ski bums will be partying occasionally, surely St Anton isn't super boring compared to Meribel ski bums...
snow report
Ohhhhh sorry I've just understood what you meant when you said 'seasonnairre (ski bum)'. In France we basically called the people who didn't work at all ski bums, and the ones who did seasonnairres - so they are completely different things to me. I'll try and use the correct phrase when I'm in Austria that I am a 5 month tourist instead.
latest report
@Thew2002, St Anton has long had a reputation as a "ski bum" mecca ie folks who want to ski as much as possible and live as cheaply as possible to avoid having to work if at all possible. However this lifestyle has been on the decline for a while and especially since covid and the price increases has really become a thing of the past though there will be a few sad types still around. Plenty of season workers some of whom are very keen skiers (often folk who work in the ski shops) though accommodation is a big issue (as everywhere). There have always been a lot fewer brit chalets in St Anton than in many parts of France and even fewer since brexit so not many brit seasonaires as in France (as you have found the Austrians are far less likely to give out visas than the French).

My experience last season was that beer was not as expensive as being suggested above if you avoid the Moose etc, Base Camp is now stupid expensive. Fang House at the Nassereinbahn used to be less crowded and less expensive than some of the other apres spots but perhaps that has changed (havent been back post covid). I seem to remember a beer in the station bar or Mondscheinstüberl was €4.50ish last season though these are hardly lively spots. Pettneu less expensive. There are three supermarkets in town so easy to get "normal" food. There is always the kebab / burger / pizza spot opposite the Nassereinbahn if you want fairly reasonably priced junk food (think they serve beer too but never been tempted to go in!). Pomodoro near the tourist office / Galzig does very average pizza and pasta and reasonably priced beer.
snow conditions
That's cool that there are 3 supermarkets. Last season in meribel I didn't have a car so had to make do with the small overpriced shops in town. Do you think a car would be necessary this time? It seems like the train connections are super easy so it may not be, even though my friend really wants to bring his car
snow report
@Thew2002, Unless you have a car parking space as part of your accommodation having a car will be a pain as no free (especially long term) parking in the centre of the village. Beyond being useful for bringing stuff with you / taking it home no need for a car. Trains once every two hours to Innsbruck or Bludenz, approximately hourly buses to Landeck (train stops there too), regular buses to Lech plus the various ski buses. The VVT app (Tirol transport) covers the trains to Innsbruck and also Landeck buses, generally pretty cheap. Ski buses are free and run until around 18:30 which is good for shopping. Lech & night buses a few Euros.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
Yes you see the border police on trains from Kufstein into Germany. I have never seen them actually check anyone but there are few non white folk for them to be suspicious about.

I've been checked by these also Laughing Perhaps I just look dodgy? Laughing

No, in this instance I was sat next to a guy who they wanted to check as he looked like potentially he could be non-European and there could have been passport/visa issues, and me and one other were also checked at the same time, no doubt to make it look like they weren't targeting the other guy. After showing our passport/visas nothing was said, but the other guy was questioned quite a bit about why he was travelling to Germany.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
St Anton has long had a reputation as a "ski bum" mecca ie folks who want to ski as much as possible and live as cheaply as possible to avoid having to work if at all possible. However this lifestyle has been on the decline for a while and especially since covid and the price increases has really become a thing of the past though there will be a few sad types still around.

You'll have to explain sad types to me ? I've met some incredible people, some idiots and many other expletives whilst working and living in Anton, but noone i would describe as a sad type. Do they use Flixbus and get stopped at the border ?

Hardly on the decline... have you seen how many young Swedish come for the season now !
ski holidays
@hsdee, maybe too much of a stereotype here, the old concept of folk who would live in a shed and hang around in Bar Cuba trying to cadge drinks etc just to be able to be able to ski for the season. Sadly you need money to be able to do this now. Maybe there are lots of younger Swedes but the place seems to be full of 50+ folk who can afford the much higher costs. Perhaps looking back with somewhat biased view or perhaps I just went to different sorts of bars in those days! Personally think the place has lost some of the genuine mountain atmosphere and become too corporate but that's what the hotel owners want.
snow conditions
The poor people have gone from St Anton.

But they can still do a season there.

Get a bankloan or creditcard.

Anyone, nowadays, can borrow $10-20k, hang for a season, make a memory, payback over 2-10 years.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, I have found that it has changed a bit since covid and Brexit, the closing of most of the english run chalets and accompanying workforce combined with the evening locations that have also closed and not been replaced means an evening out gets quite repetitive and limited for the size and popularity of the town, especially when one is there for the entire season, I don't know if i'd go as far as to say corporate but it is certainly lacking in a variety of smaller independent establishments for entertainment these days.

living in a shed... there is a story going back years and years about one lad who lived in a tent.

@Whitegold, With a job that provides accom and food and a collective wage most people without a huge drinking or equipment habit can leave in credit, though one would not get much change from your estimate without one, and that would be with cheaper accom or sharing. The poor people certainly have to work there or one does not last too long.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK Folks

It is only 127 Days until the KO of 24/25 Season.

Still waiting for the Ski Pass Prices to be Published but in general its normally about 6% up on the previous season except one season where it was a whopping 11%.... Fortunately I dont buy one. Hike & Earn your Turns Very Happy

Basically the vast majority of all of last seasons snowfall came at the end of November early December with over 3 metres (Powder Days & no Tourists perfect ) and this base lasted the whole season until the extra bonus Powder days in late April when all the tourists had long gone ..perfect !!

The main Season (Jan thru March) was totally reliant on that early snowfall.. There was signifcantly warmer periods & with more downpours of torrential rain upto 2200Metres..Snow cannons could not be used.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Question is ..

What do we expect ths season ?

Early Snow again ?

Late Start due to unseasonabe warm temeperatures?

Green Slopes on Weihnachten und silvester or Powder Days ??

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
A bit early for any long range winter "forecasts" (they are never that but indicative of general weather patterns). We are going to see a La Nina pattern but quite what that will mean is very difficult to say, certainly it will not answer the "will it snow on the 1st of December" question. A summary of the autumn forecasts can be found at https://www.severe-weather.eu/long-range-2/autumn-2024-weather-forecast-what-la-nina-return-means-for-united-states-canada-europe-fa/ . Last season's snow pattern was unusual, in the 20+ years I have been in this part of the world I can remember a number of seasons with good pre Christmas conditions but more with mild & dry conditions. Just because there was early snow last season makes it neither more or less likely there will be the same this year
ski holidays
Just been told from one accomodation option that we can't have it as there is a rule they can only rent out to people working within the resort. Does anyone know how common this is?
I worry the other option may accept us, and then on day one will suddenly say they can't actually rent to us... Austria seems to be very big on rental rules from what I can tell...
latest report
@stanton, Think you'll find i collated the prices last year and it was usually 2/3% increase for the last 20 years except the last 2 years.... 9% then 12%.

@Thew2002 Some accomodations are zoned to be rented for tourism purposes and so cannot be rented seasonally. I think some rooms are designated as staff rooms by the businesses that own them, eg hotels and so should not be rented seasonally.
snow report
@Thew2002, accomodation Rental in Austrian villages indeed is very strongly regulated. They are very keen to prevent the so called ‘cold beds’ related to second homes etc (indeed very common in France and Switzerland)
On top of that recently, because of rent rates going sky high, there is a growing lack of housing for seasonal workers.

So what you are looking for most likely is much harder to find in Austria than in France, especially in a resort like St.Anton, et al.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@Thew2002, There is always the kebab / burger / pizza spot opposite the Nassereinbahn if you want fairly reasonably priced junk food (think they serve beer too but never been tempted to go in!).

Can confirm that my last visit in January 2020 the kebab pizza is fantastic.... after getting overexcited on the first night in town of course....
snow report
Langerzug wrote:
@Thew2002, accomodation Rental in Austrian villages indeed is very strongly regulated. They are very keen to prevent the so called ‘cold beds’ related to second homes etc (indeed very common in France and Switzerland)
On top of that recently, because of rent rates going sky high, there is a growing lack of housing for seasonal workers.

So what you are looking for most likely is much harder to find in Austria than in France, especially in a resort like St.Anton, et al.

Do you think it will actually be possible, or should I just give up on the Austria dream?

I mean it's not the end of the world to do another season in France, I was just very excited to by the idea of Austria...
snow report
@Thew2002, I would suggest that sorting a visa is the biggest hurdle. Yes accommodation is not easy to find but people do manage to find places so it is possible.
snow report
Finding accomodation wasn't that hard, finding accomodation that the town council will rent to people who are not working seems to be the main challenge....
snow conditions
Thew2002 wrote:

Do you think it will actually be possible, or should I just give up on the Austria dream?

I mean it's not the end of the world to do another season in France, I was just very excited to by the idea of Austria...

In St Anton it will be very difficult..its 2024 not 1980's !! You can spend the whole season as a Tourist but you may have to move around a bit .. You will pay Tourist rates.

It sounds like you have enough money anyways . Very Happy

TBH.. I would look at Innsbruck as a base.. From there you can reach many resorts .

There is much more going on (student vibe) in Innsbruck and your find places to rent & eat etc ALOT cheaper..

Just jump on the train in your skikit inc boots (to save on lockers) and train up to St Anton. or Solden , Ischgl Train then Bus Last Trains back are quite late.

Many Austrians do this at the weekends. Very Happy Very Happy

Also there are plenty of local hills in Innsbruck itself to keep busy on ..

http://youtube.com/v/LH0cyMnG_zo?

http://youtube.com/v/UOvSJrUtLC0?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Folks still wating on the Blockbuster Lift price from St Anton..

Here is next seasons prices from Ischgl and Solden

Ischgl
(with Gästekarte)

Tageskarte: EUR 76,00 (+ 4,00 EUR / + 5,6%)
6-Tagespass: EUR 344,50 (+21,50 EUR / + 6,7%)

Sölden Hauptsaison 24/25

Tageskarte: EUR 77,50 (+ 4,50 EUR / + 5,8%)
6-Tagespass: EUR 429,50 (+25,50 EUR / + 5,9%)

Some crazy 6-Tagepass difference Sölden and Ischgl 85 € Shocked Shocked

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Major Landslide in Stuben...

A violent thunderstorm triggered the mudslide in Stuben on Wednesday evening, which buried the Arlberg road. Debris also went over the Passür tunnel and laid the gallery about one and a half meters high over a length of 100 meters. No one was injured, but after the Arlberg tunnel, the second main traffic link between Tyrol and Vorarlberg was now temporarily impassable. The connection between Tyrol and Vorarlberg was only possible via Lech/Zürs or via large-scale bypasses. Backlogs formed in the area of the Arlberg expressway (S16) and in the area of the bypass.

https://www.vol.at/nach-murenabgang-bei-stuben-lage-wird-evaluiert/8871784

https://vorarlberg.orf.at/stories/3267367/

More fotos over on the German Forum

https://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5444261#p5444261
latest report
That is an interesting idea and something I will consider. Are you actually allowed on the train in ski boots? Also how expensive is the train?! In the UK they are a rip off so in that case I don't actually know how much money will be saved...

I also worry it'll be hard to make friends if not based in the resort, but maybe I am wrong about that.

I only learnt to ski a few years ago so I have no idea how different things were in the 1980s!
latest report
On second thoughts, I'm having a quick look at Airbnb and it's not actually that much cheaper in innsbruck. It is still a student town at the end of the day so it's not going to be extremely cheap like in the middle of nowhere would be. I do also think the st Anton crowd will see me as 'just a tourist' rather than a ski bum in this situation, not to mention a 1 hour+ train in the morning, and I assume a 2 hour bus home daily...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy