Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where do you keep your liftpass?

Poster: A snowHead
In the time before my jacket had a pocket for this purpose, I've taped it to my arm with that stretchy athlete's tape, I didn't want to risk losing the damn thing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chest pocket either side, never had any issues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Orange200, why? Have you had a bad personal experience?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm feeling so down right now...I don't have a lift pass... Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Orange200 wrote:
There are many upper arm mobile phone holders for joggers and other fitness freaks. If you don’t have an arm pocket, consider one of them?

I've looked at those and might well be the answer - especially if it will stay on the arm of the jacket even if the jacket is taken off.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimummk wrote:
Orange200 wrote:
There are many upper arm mobile phone holders for joggers and other fitness freaks. If you don’t have an arm pocket, consider one of them?

I've looked at those and might well be the answer - especially if it will stay on the arm of the jacket even if the jacket is taken off.

Wear it under your jacket, the pass should still work and then there's less risk of it falling off.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mgrolf, indeed … I’ve plenty of jackets with only a chest pocket and that works perfectly well.

Bleep.

Ping.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought this was going to be a Peter Sarstedt number Sad

But where do you keep your lift pass?
when you ski alone on the slopes
do you hang it from your left nipple
or just keep it inside your fur coat, yes you do.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 26-01-24 15:39; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Big White, Silver Star and Snowbasin off the top of my head. I agree, I have not seen this in the Alps. That same human attempts to maintain order in the lift queue. Attempts.
Not seen that in big white either since at least before COVID. Times change. Big white uses the same wireless thing everyone else does. The star... No longer same ownership, but I think you're out of date on this.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mgrolf wrote:
skimummk wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

Wear it under your jacket, the pass should still work and then there's less risk of it falling off.

My worry with that approach is forgetting to put it on every day - I suspect I will end up just taking a needle and thread - then if I need to I can sew it into the sleeve lol! but I'm probably worrying about nothing - the machines are likely nowhere near as sensitive as they used to be and will trigger as long as the pass is in the rough vicinity.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
robs12 wrote:
I'm feeling so down right now...I don't have a lift pass... Crying or Very sad

We have lift passes now, but dont travel until middle of Feb snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Most of my ski-jackets have the arm pocket. When buying a jacket, the arm pocket is a big requirement. Also preferably with a zipper and not with velcro.

If my jacket does not have the arm pocket, I would but it in the pocket on the inside of the jacket. And then that would be the only thing in that pocket, such that it does not accidently fall out when taking something else out of there.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jirac18 wrote:
Mjit wrote:
jirac18 wrote:
Now I know (having lift pass in pocket) will upset someone here as I’ll be delaying boarding the lift by said 10 seconds, and frankly I won’t care one jot.

If you want to delay other people just be the person who swars blind they don't have other lift passes/their phone/bank cards in the same pocket as they lift pass...then pulls out at least one, sometimes all 3 from said pocket.

Laughing We have first hand experience of that and I can throw Mrs Jirac under the bus as the guilty party knowing full well she’s not on SH’s

I'll throw Mr. O unser that same bus. Everytime he wonders why the gates don't work on the first day of our holiday. Everytime he's put his lift pass in his wallet with his other cards. In Norway over New Year, he had it in his sleeve pocket but it STILL wouldn't work. We soon discovered that his Les Arcs pass was in there, too. The other three of us had removed ours on putting the Skimore one in rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought some heated gloves for this season (which I love) and the pocket for the battery seemed to be an ideal place for my pass. However, it seemed to cause interference with the scanner, so I had to switch the pass to a fart bag pocket.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimummk wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

What about that iron-on glue stuff? Lots of ‘patches’ you can buy to iron onto jackets - so just a case of finding the right glue. Probably better off finding a nylon type coinpurse.. or apply patches, sew pass holder to patches.
snow conditions
If your jaacket doesn't have a pass pocket on the sleeve or inside the left front of the jacket then what the hell did you buy it for? (if you heliski or ride/ ski big mountain this doesn't include you wink )
latest report
Gainz wrote:
If your jaacket doesn't have a pass pocket on the sleeve or inside the left front of the jacket then what the hell did you buy it for? (if you heliski or ride/ ski big mountain this doesn't include you wink )

Cheap jacket for someone unlikely to ski again for years - last time she went (2019) she only skied 3 days
ski holidays
Some of my mid layers has small pockets on the left arm. I have also a small waist pocket just the size for a lift pass on my bibs which works fine.
latest report
If it's not on a lanyard then left kecks pocket has always worked fine .
snow conditions
This is almost as bad as the pole clicking thread.

Seriously, do people analyise this sort of stuff so much that it actually warrants a keyboard strike?
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
If it's not on a lanyard then left kecks pocket has always worked fine .

You're a bit taller than me. If I put the pass in a trouser pocket I'd be having to jump up and down at the gate. My old jacket doesn't have a sleeve pocket so I put the pass in RHS chest pocket. Generally this worked fine but leads to occasional amusement as I try to get my right boob up close enough to the reader snowHead Low pass readers were particularly tricky.
snow conditions
homers double wrote:

Seriously, do people analyise this sort of stuff so much that it actually warrants a keyboard strike?

Its a minor thing - but if the lift pass doesn't work from the available pockets then it makes going through every turnstile a pain in the back bottom. So, anticipating that it might be an issue means I can take a needle, thread and a bit of fabric to create a pocket inside the sleeve if necessary (but don't have to if it isn't).

The responses means I am reassured that for the majority of people a pocket in the ski trousers may work - depending on the height of the sensor. I was hoping someone would say "don't worry, the sensors are so sensitive these days that it just has to be somewhere on your person" that doesn't seem to be the case.
snow report
skimummk wrote:
I was hoping someone would say "don't worry, the sensors are so sensitive these days that it just has to be somewhere on your person" that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nah, it's totally hit and miss. I was rubbing my arm all over a few of the panels in Saalbach/Hinterglemm the other week. It is what it is!
latest report
skimummk wrote:
homers double wrote:

Its a minor thing - but if the lift pass doesn't work from the available pockets then it makes going through every turnstile a pain in the back bottom. So, anticipating that it might be an issue means I can take a needle, thread and a bit of fabric to create a pocket inside the sleeve if necessary (but don't have to if it isn't).

The responses means I am reassured that for the majority of people a pocket in the ski trousers may work - depending on the height of the sensor. I was hoping someone would say "don't worry, the sensors are so sensitive these days that it just has to be somewhere on your person" that doesn't seem to be the case.

I thought it a perfectly reasonable question put to forum for range of answer. If people don't want to contribute they really don't have to, or read it.

It's certainly part of forum that a range of answers are often well delivered, humour too, all part of our interaction in participation of something we like.
snow report
No seriously, this is a good thread.

My mate has a jacket with a foil liner and no pocket on the arm. He's also 6' 2" and a boarder. It doesn't seem to matter where he sticks it, he's forever having problems. Laughing
ski holidays
can always go bouncer mode...

ski holidays
@extremerob, bouncer mode? well he is a boarder!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy