Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LIVE TR: Les Coches 22nd to 30th December 2023 - PHOTOS + VIDS ADDED

Poster: A snowHead
Orange200 wrote:
Has your cold cleared up? Mine seemed to after a couple of days of fantastic mountain air.

Slowly got better as the week has gone on for sure. The stuff I was coughing and blowing was horrendous!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-01-24 11:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cloudy day. Weather extremely benign though.

Over in Les Arcs. Express lanes not helping all that.

Saw a young lady wearing SX50's!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Decent day, 7.5 hours skiing less late picnic lunch and 8500m vertical. Due in part to leaving the teenagers to have a lie in.

Discovered the off piste next to Bois de l'ours. Not sure why I haven't come across this before. Chalk or shallow moguls today but interesting nonetheless and would be fun after fresh snow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne, another straightforward off piste excursion is to take the grand col lift and set off on the red after a short while before the right turn you will see some tracks leading off to the to the left. Follow these and you will come across a couloir leading down to the right. It is very nice and has fantastic views. Turn right at the base to head back to the lift. Going left is another off piste route but I’ve never done it. There may be cliffs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@johnE, we did that the other day, it was good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is the backside route from Grand Col down to Villaroger already skiable?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tristero wrote:
Is the backside route from Grand Col down to Villaroger already skiable?

Never done it but I doubt it would be currently
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tristero, it depends what the ptarmigan say
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No queue at the boulangerie this morning. Are some punters heading home already.

Think there may have been a rain shower overnight.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Definitely been a small coating of snow, which has made the pistes much more pleasant.

Cloudy day with Vis a bit dicey up top but having a fun day for sure.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, in 1600 there are definitely some people heading home.

In vallandry the snow has softened and thinned since yesterday. There are a few bare patches on combe.

But the sun has just come out Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic last days skiing. Hitting the off piste all day. Couple of runs down from Mio to Bauches the highlight. Sunshine and as you'd expect not too busy.

Had a few issues getting everything in the roof box but did it in the end. Now en route to Buffalo Grill in Chambery to fill our bellies then it will be my driving shift.

Some great last days skiing

http://youtube.com/v/CYvRfc-K7Fc

Me and laddo at the Grill

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 3-01-24 0:14; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Layne, safe journey, thanks for a great TR, looking forward to skiing what snow you've left for us on Monday Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stevew, judging by the traffic going in it's going to be busy but forecast is for fresh in the week which will be nice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Drive back was pretty much a dream door to door. Was back in MK at 08:30.

Minor blip at tunnel check in. Because of strike issues meaning we didn't use outbound they expired the return. I called and sorted it on the drive and it showed on the app. By the time we got to check in it had gone again. But called for assistance and it was resolved.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 20-03-24 16:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Other random pics:

Me, myself and I

Helluva fartbag

latest report
I love the ski suit. Is it yours and can I have one?

That reminds me, we saw 3 monoskiers during our stay in Les Arcs. Considering the snow conditions I had to admire them.
latest report
@Layne, good family holiday. Put the time and effort in when they're young. You know the tantrums and lost gloves the "I'm too hot" "I'm too cold" "it's to tight" "its too loose" "its the wrong colour"etc etc but in the end skiing as a family is pretty great.
snow conditions
@johnE, not mine. But yeah it's a good one. We saw a couple of Skwal skis - which looks really awkward to me, and I don't get the point - but what do I know.

@Mother hucker, yeah, it's fascinating and gives a certain amount of pride to see the skiers they've become. Laddo, the eldest, bombs everything but I sort of feel Daughter the younger has the better technique.
ski holidays
@Layne, looks like you had a ball. I hope you can keep having these family trips.
ski holidays
@Layne, excellent trip report, as always, and wonderful pictures, I’ve not been able to ski with my son since Feb 2020 due that bug and him doing A levels then at Uni last year, I’ve enjoyed going solo, but do miss skiing with him and my wife, unfortunately my wife’s had to give up due to joint problems.
snow report
@sbooker, @geoffknight, it's an interesting one. The eldest is in first year at Uni but he's not the most outgoing of people so not made too many friends. And tbh not sure Uni trips are for him as he doesn't drink either. The latter is a slight shame because it would be nice to share my post ski beer with him. But I'd rather miss that than him knocking back the shots like there's no tomorrow. And anyway we are still paying!

My wife is a few years younger than me so no problems on that score. It's down to me to keep the body together!

It's good we can all ski to pretty much the same level now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy