Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone ever tried this when buying lift passes with tour operators?

Poster: A snowHead
pam w wrote:
why not? They'd be thinking "Wow, isn't he great for his age!"

No they wouldn't Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam wrote:
andybabes, My daughter worked the past two seasons as a chalet host and dreaded punters like you, quite often would be the ones booking right at the last minute and then on arrival would be the ones complaining the most - and above all else be the biggest cheap skates going and most demanding - and then when it came to giving a tip at the end of the week after she's cleared your sink of your vomit a couple of times after you've got pissed on the cheap booze you went and got from the super market because you would not buy from the chalet bar because you were caught not being honest about the beers you took and not putting your name on the honesty tab after necking as much free wine as you could after dinner etc etc rolling eyes

not sure you can equate doing a sneaky one on your lift pass with vomiting in the sink? Puzzled

re the original question - you would probably get away with it, but there's a small chance you will lose the pass and your dignity
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is the saving really worth the thought that every time you go through a turnstile, you might be caught. Not really in my opinion. I go on holiday to relax and have fun, not be looking over my shoulder all the time because I've tried to pull a fast one.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well..... It is the right time of year to pick up a big grey beard
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I purchased a 3V family pass (by recharging pass online) for several years. My kids were older teenagers, but were stopped a couple of times in VT and asked to point out other family members and asked their ages. Thankfully they managed to answer correctly! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Where I worked the type of the pass did flash up so lifties can check if they don't think you have the right pass. We had problems when families accidentally mixed up their passes and the Junior ones were used by adults. I just don't think the saving is worth the worry personally...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Folks you can all take the hooks out your mouth now.....I was bored last night and thought I would give you all something to talk about , some bit more than others.
Weathercam, I am actually tea total (boring yes I know) and if your daughter ever looked after me she wouldn't have to clean my vomit up and of course if she gave good service would receive a gratuity .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

lifties can check if they don't think you have the right pass

And they will, too. What's more, if they find that a lot of TO punters are doing this, the lift companies will stop offering concessionary passes via the tour ops and everyone who wants one will have to join the scrum at the ticket windows instead of having their passes brought to them in the comfort of their accommodation. Pay up and stop being a git.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, read the last post and 'git' yourself Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andybabes wrote:
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
I book at least one trip a season with crystal, neilson or Inghams. When looking at options online tonight I noticed lift passes for over 65 are cheaper ...... Toofy Grin
Just wondered if anyone had ever paid the cheaper price and got away with it!?

The guys on the piste never check your passes.... So who would know?

I shop at least one trip a season with the automatic checkout at Sainsbury's, Tesco or Asda. When looking at the prices of fruit tonight, I noticed that Tesco Value apples are cheaper than Pink Ladies.
Just wondered if anyone had ever paid the cheaper price and got away with it!?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny Jones, scan cheap champagne and put the vintage in the bag, just do a couple at a time, then give the cheap champagne to the assistant and say you dont need it, gives them something to do whilst you scarper.

Also all weighed veg is either bananas or potatoes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andybabes wrote:
Folks you can all take the hooks out your mouth now.....I was bored last night and thought I would give you all something to talk about , some bit more than others.
Weathercam, I am actually tea total (boring yes I know) and if your daughter ever looked after me she wouldn't have to clean my vomit up and of course if she gave good service would receive a gratuity .

fishin bu**sh*t, if the response was "yeah sure, we all do and get away with it ever year" you'd have been down the ticket office in your flat clap and slippers quicker than you can say ggg gg gg granville arkwright!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't forget to eat peas from the pod as you push your trolley round the aisles
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I worked for a TO as a rep we used to have people's year of birth on hand so we would always buy the correct (and cheapest) pass according to that. I imagine that if the website doesn't stop you that the rep will be chasing you in resort for the extra money. As someone mentioned earlier, even if that all went through the rep's need proof of age in resort to get the concession passes (usually for 65+ and very young children).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The OH skied half a week on Jnr's pass by accident. She got outed by a rather stern looking Austrian chap who asked to see her pass. Jnr had hers and was off with ski school and believed the story, he held on to the pass though. Luckily we were at the lift station before them, so just had to wait 15 mins until he turned up, had to show the lifty the other pass and Jnr before he'd give us the pass back.
snow report
I think it's called fraud....

In terms of would you get caught. I go with my father in law to 3vs a couple of times a year to 'open and shut' our apartment. He trundles off and gets his free over 75s ski pass the first morning.

Whilst he doesn't have a photo it obviously comes up on the screen as he goes through as he often gets them coming out of the lift cabins having a quick look and giving him a thumbs up. I have a season ticket and had to provide a photo that comes up in the cabin when I go through. Very occasionally it is obvious that they are checking the photo against me.

My uneducated guess is that they check out any unusual or discount ticket arrangement.

p.s. Father in law has to show his passport - well he did first year he was 75, now they know him after a few years - to prove his age.
snow report
andybabes wrote:

Sounds like a happy ending.
snow report
This post reminds me of the '10 run pass' ticket that was an option when I was at school learningto ski. Every liftie had a punch, and you had the numbers one to ten on your ticket... After each run the liftie was meant to punch your ticket. Sometimes he let you off, sometimes he punched too close to the previous hole... Regardless... it was a game of cat and mouse
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Quote:

lifties can check if they don't think you have the right pass

And they will, too. What's more, if they find that a lot of TO punters are doing this, the lift companies will stop offering concessionary passes via the tour ops and everyone who wants one will have to join the scrum at the ticket windows instead of having their passes brought to them in the comfort of their accommodation. Pay up and stop being a git.

and the small chalet company I'm travelling with next weekend have told me that they now have to pay upfront for passes - rather than (I assume) settling and invoice at month end...
snow report
dode wrote:
This post reminds me of the '10 run pass' ticket that was an option when I was at school learningto ski. Every liftie had a punch, and you had the numbers one to ten on your ticket... After each run the liftie was meant to punch your ticket. Sometimes he let you off, sometimes he punched too close to the previous hole... Regardless... it was a game of cat and mouse

Haha i remember that game.
snow report
Are you required to carry Id while skiing?

Many 65 year old don't "look" 65. What can a liftie do?
ski holidays
abc, you are supposed to have ID as they can take the pass of you until you provide proof. I think it is less likely to happen if you look 60 and have a pass for 65+. If you look 40 then you are really lucky and you should carry ID.

If travelling with a TO they can ring the resort manager who can verify the age.
latest report
abc, all the information is electronic so anyone in a lift office, who sees your photo on a screen (clearly, not the smudgy mess there is on the pass itself) can probably also ask you to confirm your address, date of birth etc.
latest report
Dia_FindTransfers, abc, in most of Europe you are supposed to have ID with you at all times...
snow report
under a new name, yes - sorry, what I meant is that it is less likely to get checked if you look right for your pass and to be honest not many people ski with their passports. As long as you don't have a discounted pass there shouldn't be any reason to get checked. In the 3 Valleys showing your receipt used to be sufficient for standard passes.
latest report
well i've just realised that my new season pass has someone else's photo on it. I've also realised that my season pass last year, also had someone else's photo (weirdly not the same person as this years)

The year before was ok.....

so i've had three different photo's in 3 years.

compagnie mont blanc really are a bunch of fu**wits!
snow report
eddiethebus, I wonder if it still shows your own photo on their computer though?
latest report
I dont know, maybe, which is why I didnt get stopped last season.....gona go down the lift office and find out.

he's a real ugly fella on the pass as well!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Sorry if a lot are you are thinking ' how dare he even think such a thing ' but a deals a deal when your on a budget.

It's true that 'a deal's a deal' when you are on a budget, but equally fraud/theft is still fraud/theft when you're on a budget. I'm really not being holier than thou and saying 'you shouldn't do that' but please don't try and kid yourself , or us, that it's just a 'deal'.
snow report
bit like justifying illegal downloads with "I cant afford to pay £10 an album" rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy