Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
Butterfly, Soreiller is green, but that's now totally covered by snowpark! Shocked

rayscoops, thanks for posting those. Very Happy and very nice to see you the other day.

red 27, Yes - the wind has blown the snow off all the exposed ridges all over the place Sad Luckily, most of the skiing is not on the exposed ridges. Very Happy

Lovely, lovely day today. Very warm, very sunny and it can stay like this for the rest of the hols as far as I'm concerned - it won't though. Sad It's so nice not to have cold feet. Very Happy I was on the Cretes (when am I not?) but also the Thuit, top and bottom, Posettes and bottom of Valentin today. Lovely snow in the Thuit although the odd stone at the top of the lower part. Valentin was a bit slick, but there was soft snow in places to turn on so it was fine. Posettes would have been perfect about 14.30 but we did it an hour earlier when it was only just beginning to soften. Good though. Pic taken from about a third of the way down the lower part of the Thuit looking down to the sun at the bottom. I still think the re-worked top part should have been left marked red ...... it's deffo a Deux Alpes special blue. Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, forecast looks like set fair sunny skies for the next 10 days.. (selfish Very Happy ) but getting colder so I guess those little tootsies will suffer...

The pics remind me of Cervinia - looks totally wind blown but of course as you say the pistes are where they are for a reason!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, I have boot heaters - but it's nice not to have to turn them on. Very Happy Looking a bit cloudier today and windy at altitude which is a shame. Sad

Happy Christmas everyone. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, Happy Christmas!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, Happy Christmas - can't wait until our week in March. Thanks for all the updates and photos.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Merry Christmas to you all, cant wait to be out there to 12 weeks to go Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fairly miserable day off and on - snowed at altitude - cold and windy. Photo from the top of Mura - can't see much! The snow was good but small stones are starting to be thrown up. Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, shame - the webcams made it look better than that when I looked. See you in 72 days' time!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sad I forgot my phone yesterday so no photos (dodgy colours or otherwise) I'm afraid. it was sunny enough for portions of the day but bitterly cold, and apparently with high winds at altitude. The wind has dropped today so it's much nicer, but it's still cold. Brrrrrrrrrrr
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thinking of you freezing, as I polish the cats by a roaring fire!!

You said it was a very good start to the season - how is it shaping up? Is it still good compared to other Christmas weeks you've had?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, quite a cold snap here (by English standards) in wintery Surrey. Looking forward to being your way soon.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Butterfly, It's still pretty good, buit we could deffo do with some more after the wind the week before last.

achilles, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lots more snow before you come. At the moment the off piste is no fun at all. Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A beautiful day today but bitterly cold. Sad Really, really cold, but no wind and wall to wall sunshine. Very Happy The snow on the Cretes and the Face is very good, and Sapins has smashing packed powder and the bumps are more than manageable. Very Happy
Pic of the Cretes late-ish this afternoon.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So, that's Cretes that I keep hearing you mention - looks nice and gentle, just like I like things!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Butterfly, Cretes is a nice area to learn or practice techniques, gets some sun and is generally soft under foot (rather than hardpacked), and is just a short egg ride from town and Lutins for that much needed apres beer (skiing down can be either long and winding or short and steep !! ) Very Happy
snow report
Also really really busy. Sad To make matters worse some complete tosser has taken my parking space,.
latest report
Swirly, whats country is the car from.
ski holidays
Swirly, you have sod all chance of finding another one. I got a ticket today for parking outside work. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Lizzard, I know I just stuck it on the road, hopefully it'll be ok there for a bit, even though I have a private space there's no way of getting them out of it.
snow report
Swirly, you got a private space? How long are you in LDA?
ski holidays
Swirly - stick a letter on the windscreen saying please move your car, and then another the next day threatening to trash it Wink
snow report
Swirly, Do what some others do and park your car behind it blocking it in + letter on windscreen. wink

I regret to say that I forgot all about taking a photo today, although R32, said he was planning on taking some. Very sunny, very nice snow and absolutely bl**dy freezing again. Shocked One good thing - no-one skied into me and I'm still here to tell you that. Little Angel

Butterfly, I will try to take a photo of the green run there for you. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hey everyone, looks like you got a storm coming on wed night! Put some more powder out there. Has it stabled a bit offpiste yet?
snow report
Hi Easiski, we arrived today till the 7th. Mrs wants a lesson sometime. Are you free?
snow report
David Ash, check the Easiski website - there is a mobile phone no there which may be a more efficient way of making rapid contact. I am not jealous of you at all for being there right now, really I am not, honest Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad wink
snow report
Butterfly, He knows - we're friends. David Ash, Next week no probs. Very Happy Bit of snow already - looks horrid and still v. cold.

adamtheyido, Off piste almost non-existant now - wind. See after this snow if it comes in large quantities.
snow report
easiski, hope you get some decent snow & less wind pretty soon.
ski holidays
achilles, all season. When I got back from the bar they'd gone: we'd already stuck two notices on their windscreen so hopefully that'll be that.

Dumping now and boy is it good to see, looks set for a while too snowHead

I did something a bit daft earlier: fed up with the crowds, especially the guy who thought it was a good idea to turn across a chair load of people (gave him a shove and pointed out he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box) I decided to avoid the crowds and head back down the Grande Pente, ha it seemed not too bad at the start but once past the point of no return it was bumpy hard stuff: no fun at all although I got down it ok and there was only one other person about (hope he had as good a time as me it took us both about the same time). So hopefully after a couple of days all that lot will be bags of fun once more snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
4pm this afternoon..........snowing quite a lot!!

Forgot to take pics when sun was shinning Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
Anything happening New Years Eve?
latest report
David Ash,
Yea, its snowing snowHead snowHead
But il be at work rolling eyes Cant wait to get there
ski holidays
David Ash, Have PM'd you.
ski holidays
I thought the snow conditions were good today, especially in the Thuit, and did Posettes down - all three parts of it. It was a bit crunchy lower down but the top part was fine. No doubt that the cold snap after the warm spell has hardened up some of the off piste (see Swirly's post) ... However as previously mentioned it's not snowing. It's supposed to snow a lot. Very Happy did remember to take a pic today (thought I'd better do it while I remembered) so here's one of the viking looking down from near the top of the Grand Viking slope. Very Happy
ski holidays
easiski, fab pic!

R32, great pics but cd you post what they are of/where from too when you add pics? I like to look at the piste map and see where you were! Mind you it'd help if I could find a piste map where ALL the pistes are labelled rolling eyes .
latest report
Didn't go up today, spent a few hours this morning playing hide the transciever instead. Good Fun Laughing except for when I was trying to find one that was switched off Shocked
ski holidays
Butterfly, Sorry Embarassed The last two pics are from our balcony looking up to the Super Venosc Chair (Pied Moutet side). The previous ones (group pic) are at the mid-point of the 8-man chair lift to the Glacier.
ski holidays
Swirly, We're sitting around the corner from you in the Secret Bar.....again.....no wonder you're not out skiing wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Is it snowing out there yet?
Happy new year everyone.
snow conditions
adamtheyido, and everybody else, Happy New Year, all the best.
snow conditions
R32, thanks! It's just I can't wait for march!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy