Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
Gosh what a lot of snow!! Starting to get a wee bit worried about the road/traffic situation, but since I'm not driving there's not much I can do about it. At this rate we might even have trouble getting up the A1 to Newcastle airport - forecast to snow quite a bit over the north east in the early hours...

Cheers for the Bruno recommendation btw - may well look him up.

Right, I'm off to pack! 1 sleep to go!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is going to be awesome tomorrow

Pic shows Montachavin (1250m) at 4pm today.
Yesterday there were large patches of brown here.

Now look at it! And it was snowing then. It's probable snowing still.

But as SMALLZOOKEEPER mentions here, be careful out there this weekend guys. The avalanche risk must now be considerable
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great conditions in La Plagne even some untracked powder still to be found, looking very good for the weekend with snow forecast for saturday night.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller reporting in live from Belle Plagne. Oh what a day. Sunshine and snow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Got down early to Montchavin (got to say hello to Cyril), it was glorious. Stayed above 1600 for the rest fo the day as it was getting very soft but so quiet....wen to Roche bubble today @ 1.30pm with no one in the queue Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Due to get colder and snow for the next few days and this si April.......................Meeting a snowHead tomorrow for some fun.

Life is good Cool

Catch you later in the week. Toofy Grin )
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Live again from Belle Plagne. Heavy snow on and off all day up high. Meet a snowHead and we had a great day over on Montchavn side avoiding whiteout's and flatlight. Some more snow due over night and cold tomorrow.

Conditions are just amazing Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Guess who it is, the thefatcontroller reporting in again live from Belle Plagne.

What a day Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . Snowed all night and all day more or less at height. You can get sick of fresh snow Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin , especially in spring.

Left Belle Plagne this morning and went over to Champgny, left quickly as heavy fog and snow. Then went back to Plagne Centre and had coffee, yep still snowing. Skied down to Montalbert and it was in great nick. Back out and back into Plagne Centre and up Becoin and did the black 'Morbleu'. Big long powder and mogul field. Shattered by the end but back up into Aime and then skied down into La Roche. Had lunch in the restaurant at the bottom of the La Roche lift. Epic food. At last we have found a restaurant in La Plagne that matches La Ferme in Villaroger. Definitely will be back there this week.

Back out of La Roche, up Grand Rochetee, then over to Belle Plagne and up to Roche Del Mio. Left quickly and guess what, there was a blizzard. Down Les Sources (saw an on piste avalance on it 2 days ago Shocked ). The picked up the kids and did the runs under Arpette a few times (yes in heavy snow Toofy Grin ). In now and have a pint but am knackered. Skullie

Easy mornig tomorrow as we have a 3 hour lesson tomorrow afternoon. Its does not get much better, there is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much snow Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Guess what, it is still snowing outside Cool Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, How is the snow? Is there much left?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, SNOW... Its just stopped, powderfest fun everywhere !!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK strike that, its SNOWING AGAIN !!!!! will it ever stop Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
thefatcontroller, How is the snow? Is there much left?

It stopped for 5 mins Shocked Laughing but snowing again Laughing . Never seen so much snow in my life (but then again I have never been to La Ros wink Laughing )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me again Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

No new snow today Shocked Crying or Very sad Laughing Just bright, brillant sunshine all day.

Had 3 hour private lesson today Jerome from Evolution2 in Montchavin. He took us up the glacier and took us back nearly the whole way to Montchavin off piste. First time off psite, what a blast and now completly knackered.

Pint of Stella needs drinking so got to go and sup my beer in beautiful sunshine at 2,000m surrounded by white stuff Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, Did the route to the North face of Bellcote look very warn from where you were on the glacier. We fancy another trip over there tomorrow if the weather holds up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me again. Really tired today. Did the top black of Boiley this morning with a snowHead . Her 3rd black Shocked and what a 3rd. She did so well we went back up and they had opened Morbleu?. We took her down it. It was an enormous icy mogul field. She got down, when she gets back on line she can tell the story but she did brillant. It was just torture and hot, oh so hot but she will dine long, fine and hard on her achievement Laughing

Went back down La Roche for lunch and then gave up to tired. Went up the glacier with the kids and visited the ice grotto for a break. More sno due tonight and the blacks of the glacier beckons. What an epic week Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last day Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . Light dusting of snow overnight, sun shining here in Belle Plagne, off to the glacier to have a crack at the blacks. Very, very tired but can manage one more day Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Last report Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Did the blacks of the top of the glacier this morning, Bellecote and Le Rochu, oh my god what a blast. How are skiing has progressed this week. Ready to come home, completely shattered but had the best skiing week of our life Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing .

Of now for a beer and something to calm us down.
ski holidays
Home, knackered, sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

What a week. Thank god for gardening leave and no better palce to spend it than high in the Alps on a snowy warm April week. Kids all progressed well with their skiing. Back to reality now but great memories.
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
Me again. Really tired today. Did the top black of Boiley this morning with a snowHead . Her 3rd black Shocked and what a 3rd. She did so well we went back up and they had opened Morbleu?. We took her down it. It was an enormous icy mogul field. She got down, when she gets back on line she can tell the story but she did brillant. It was just torture and hot, oh so hot but she will dine long, fine and hard on her achievement Laughing

Went back down La Roche for lunch and then gave up to tired. Went up the glacier with the kids and visited the ice grotto for a break. More sno due tonight and the blacks of the glacier beckons. What an epic week Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Well, that would be me I guess... Embarassed Very Happy What a fantastic week - conditions were perfect, snow, sunshine, aching limbs and a red, peeling nose tell their own story.... Toofy Grin

As reported above I met up with thefatcontroller and mrsfatcontroller on the Monday for a lovely, cruisey day around Montchavin and a popper-busting lunch - thank you guys! Very Happy

And then there was 'Black Thursday'..... The baptism of fire..... Shocked Shocked

It is definately true that I had done 2 blacks previously... one which was short... and one which probably should have been a red... Sad and then OH... MY..... GOD.....!! (mental note to self: only agree to ski with thefatcontroller for days of 'red practice' or better still 'green practice') wink Very Happy Very Happy

What an experience!! I have never felt such fear, frustration, exhaustion and then ultimately such amazing exhileration and pride as I did on that run. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would like to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to thefatcontroller, mrsfatcontroller and their friend for firstly skiing with me and secondly for their endless encouragement and limitless patience in giving me one of the most memorable experiences of my life! And that's not even including the slug of genepi they donated whilst I was spread-eagled in a panting heap at the bottom.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It was a pleasure to meet and ski with you guys... and any time you feel the need for a laugh and you have half a day spare to complete a single km of black run... just shout! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
[quote="Charli939"][quote="thefatcontroller"]better still 'green practice') wink Very Happy Very Happy

What an experience!! I have never felt such fear, frustration, exhaustion and then ultimately such amazing exhileration and pride as I did on that run. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If only every day ended thus. snowHead
snow report
sorry got the quote thing wrong Puzzled
snow report
If there is anyone around that wants to join us for a trip down the North face of bellecote later this week PM asap.
latest report
Some photos taken by Charli939 from last week in La Plagne, so much snow Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Me Embarassed

snow report
thefatcontroller, All look's pretty normal Very Happy
latest report
boredsurfin, Imagine how big it will all feel with the washing line back open next season Cool
snow report
thefatcontroller, ah yes and the Villaroger Challenge will be on again! Very Happy
When do you get to move in to your place BTW.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Should have contracts signed by the end of next week. Then they have to build the fecking thing but they are marketing it for next year so gives some hope it might be finished.
snow report
thefatcontroller, Christmas 09 Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller, I can't recognise any of those shots please help me out
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Charli939 took them but know the top one of me drying my armpit is 1/2 way down Les Etroits, 2nd and 3rd Glacier, def 3rd is Glacier?, last no idea
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
redrunmarcus, 4th picture looking in the far distance at the top of the Colosses lift? Know as you ski down from that to Plagne Centre there is a restaurant half way along, which might be that building middle right?
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Yep, that's right - taken from the top of the Melezes chair and looking to your right as you get off. Colosses lift is to the top left of the pic. Dunno who the people are... they were just in the way... if they're snowHeads.. identify yourselves Toofy Grin
latest report
P.S. I took those pics... therefore.. its PROOF I did that black..... Very Happy Very Happy cue: smug, pleased with yerself smilie... Toofy Grin

(Does anyone else think thefatcontroller, was saying "Charli939, get OFF this piste.. you're dangerous..." )Puzzled
snow report
Charli939, Thats really bad that I can work a lift out from a view, with a restaurant in the picture Confused Embarassed

What I am actually saying in the photo is 'her ski went that way' Toofy Grin
latest report
thefatcontroller, 3rd is Glacier? 4th is Dou du Praz but Charli939, has just said that wink The restaurant in the distance is La Bergerie with the Saint Espirit drag lift in the centre of the pic Very Happy
snow conditions
boredsurfin, 2nd and 3rd are glacier. You can see the path to the ice grotto in the 2nd and the entrance in the 3rd, which I walked with the kids last week. Seems so long ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Top of 3rd you can see a path where some nutters have walked up to the top to do the North Face Skullie Skullie
snow report
thefatcontroller, Not sure I like being called a nutter, the north face is one of my favorite trips and they could be my tracks. Now you are going to be out here more and I hear you are getting into off piste, maybe one day they will be your tracks as well Laughing Hope to see you next season.
snow report
thefatcontroller wrote:
boredsurfin, Top of 3rd you can see a path where some nutters have walked up to the top to do the North Face Skullie Skullie

Yeah.. that was me.... decided I was ready for the North Face on Friday..... Shocked rolling eyes
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:

What I am actually saying in the photo is 'her ski went that way' Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing

Wondered what happened to it.... they found the other one in Les Arcs.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
thefatcontroller, Not sure I like being called a nutter, the north face is one of my favorite trips and they could be my tracks. Now you are going to be out here more and I hear you are getting into off piste, maybe one day they will be your tracks as well Laughing Hope to see you next season.

Ok then a 'nutter' I have respect for and a fear I will be joining sooner than I ever thought wink Laughing
snow report
thefatcontroller, look forward to your company some day soon Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy