Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What’s in these backpacks?

Poster: A snowHead
@Hells Bells, @Hurtle, He was in VT liftie gear but with "security" on the chest. As Pioneers feeds to the Folie and there's a lot of students around, I suspect he'd had a back-hander... either that or there's some local by-law against dodgy looking characters having picnics Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If he’d confiscated our peanut snickers bars there would have been trouble.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pejoli wrote:
Was it in the morning?

Yes. About 10.30 or 11am
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle wrote:
adithorp wrote:
Got my pack searched for alcohol today getting on Pioneers in VT Shocked Laughing
is that forbidden?! Some of us are contemplating bringing wine for picnic lunches on the slopes, on the EoSB.

Raises the question about validity of insurance if drunk on a slope
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gored wrote:
. Raises the question about validity of insurance if drunk on a slope

If, of course, you can define "drunk". Or "intoxicated", or "under the influence of".

Raises the question also of what all the patrons of all those lovely bars and mountain restaurants are busy consuming whilst those of us with our rucksacks brimming with water, squash and sarnies are busy enjoying the lunchtime emptier slopes wink
(And there wouldn't be any connection between having your BYO alcohol confiscated either, presumably?)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gored wrote:
Hurtle wrote:
adithorp wrote:
Got my pack searched for alcohol today getting on Pioneers in VT Shocked Laughing
is that forbidden?! Some of us are contemplating bringing wine for picnic lunches on the slopes, on the EoSB.

Raises the question about validity of insurance if drunk on a slope

But no-one was actually drinking anything in this instance, and there is no law against having a glass of wine with your lunch in a French restaurant or with your picnic. ! It is like confiscating alcohol being carried in a vehicle on the way back from the supermarket.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
But no-one was actually drinking anything in this instance, and there is no law against having a glass of wine with your lunch in a French restaurant or with your picnic. ! It is like confiscating alcohol being carried in a vehicle on the way back from the supermarket.

And we don't know what he'd have done if he did find it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is all extremely odd.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hurtle, given that the Folie in Chamonix charge €65 for the very same prosecco one buys for €6 in Carrefour... not unknown for some to arrive with "their own" ... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, but surely the confiscation of personal prosecco is the job of the 'security' staff at the Folie D? wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, Sounds a little authoritarian; they are communists I suppose so its only fair . . . Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adi and k obviously look too much like the hard-core rave at noon demographic. Less healthy activity and looking more knackered will probably keep the party po po off your tails.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So you're saying "Be more @Dave of the Marmottes,"?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah. The party po-po never bother frisking me. They're busy calling the defibrillator guys.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I wonder what he’d have been able to do had you refused to being searched? What powers do they have?

Plus anyone with any sense finds a quiet spot piste side to bury their stash in snow thus saving you the job of carrying it around all morning whilst also keeping the refreshments nice and cool!
snow report
It's not at all unusual for the backpacks of certain demographics to be checked for booze at the bottom station of the La Daille gondola in Val d'Isere. It does run directly to the back door of the Folie Douche wink .
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
. ....They're busy calling the defibrillator guys.

Don't you carry one of those in you're pack? snowHead
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
adi and k obviously look too much like the hard-core rave at noon demographic. Less healthy activity and looking more knackered will probably keep the party po po off your tails.

To be fair, Adi does have a certain air of acid flashback about him
ski holidays
More haggard wino, if you don't mind Mad Laughing
ski holidays
This (backpaks)is very common in Arlberg.. Middle age overweight sweaty men and yuppy young Brits ...who can only ski groomed carpet..still leaning back after years of skiing.. rolling eyes rolling eyes

Even if they went off the Pistes & something happened they would not know how to use the equipment ...

Strange thing is ..if you ask most tourists in a resort ..they would not know the local emergency number... rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
@stanton, Too true.
ski holidays
112 it’s the same everywheré.
snow report
@adithorp, I reckon you could and should have refused. I don't think secouristes have any such right of search. Pretty sure they have no right of enforcement if you just say "bug off".

Maybe it was his mates turn to bring up the elevenses bottles, had forgotten and he thought he might get lucky?
latest report
@johnE, Thats just the general Euro emergency number, not specific to the Arlberg which is 'Mountain Rescue - 140'
latest report
Hells Bells wrote:
@under a new name, but surely the confiscation of personal prosecco is the job of the 'security' staff at the Folie D? wink

Caused a huge problem beginning of last season when they changed brand with a bright green foil Shocked

One had to up the discretion level.
snow report
@Old Man Of Lech, Thanks for that. I'll remember it, but will still have to crawl down to find a phone. The only time I've needed rescuing on the piste I just waited until a ski school came by and the instructor summoned the pistuers on her radio.
snow report
@johnE, that is for emergency services is it not? As opposed to a resorts "piste de secours"?

Must admit I am not clear on each jurisdiction....
ski holidays
I just shout 'Snowhead down' and wait a few seconds Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy