Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term 23 Car Travel Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well its that time of the year, off to Tignes this Friday 12th Jan....driving from up North & arranged to collect our son who's flying out of Heathrow to Geneva...just realised that I should/will have to buy a vignette @ CHF40.

Is that the case seems great value to me (sarcasm) Sad rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can get to and from the airport without using the Swiss motorway - via St Julien en Genevois. More of a hassle though. Or get him to jump on a bus to somewhere French.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
You can get to and from the airport without using the Swiss motorway - via St Julien en Genevois. More of a hassle though. Or get him to jump on a bus to somewhere French.

Thanks Pam, useful info.

So, do you only need the vignette if you use the motorway?

When you say hassle, assume this would be time consuming through local traffic/villages.

Maybe worthwhile though, he lands @ 10.15hr & we are staying over night in Bourg en Bresse, will look @ journey time
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@michaelbury17, did you drive last year and if so did you buy a vignette for 2023? If so it covers you to the end of January 24
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@michaelbury17, how to avoid - discussion and link in second post:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4842402&highlight=vignette#4842402
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can now buy an electronic Swiss Vignette online - you don't need the physical sticker any more:

www.e-vignette.ch

BEWARE - there are the usual host of intermediary sites charging you for this service. The above is the official landing page where you just pay the CHF 40 fee. You can still buy the physical sticker at the border and at most supermarkets and petrol stations as well.

My advice is to get one and write it off as part of the holiday. Swiss traffic police are very hot on picking up cars that don't have one (this happened to us in a rental car that hadn't had the vignette replaced). Having one can make routing somewhat simpler and we have also been diverted returning to GVA from France because of roadworks/accident - being able to take the Swiss autoroute made life a lot easier.

A 2023 Vignette will be valid until 1.2.24 If you're picking up a rental car from GVA later in January for return in February, just check it's got the 2024 Vignette on it. Rental car turnover can be so quick that they sometimes miss putting a replacement on the window.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also, I believe (but could be wrong) that Geneva airport is within the low-emissions zone for Geneva. This means that you will need either a Swiss Crit-air equivalent, or a French Crit-air certificate (the French version is acceptable in Switzerland).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have an unstuckon 2023 vignette you could have. Send me a PM.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy