Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2011/12 snowreport

Poster: A snowHead
Friends have just got to Morzine and the chains are on, very slow journey from Cluses, but they are prepared for the slow journey up the hill, I must say I am a little
envious, but we will be in the PDS 15 Jan, and hopefully the journey for us will be slightley better!! You guys out there, be safe but enjoy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Time for a snowchain practice session this weekend I think Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went out today at St Jean d’Aulps (Espace Roc d’Enfer), the top lift goes to 1800m the rain from yesterday got to there (and higher I’m sure) making for a very solid base with 30cm of light fresh snow on top that fell last night, maybe another 5 to 10cm during the day too. Very nice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr NN had the chains on quick smart last night- even fallen trees didn't stop us- he is so ace at this snow driving thing!
Snow is disgustingly Awesome btw
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beautiful morning on the Morzine/Les Gets side. Sneaky powder run into Nauchets/Ranfolly bowl and then a ski out along the track as no lifts working. Pistes all good and not too busy. looking good for an excellent powder day tomorrow.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Here in Montriond (just below Lindarets/Avoriaz) just come down for the day as it's snowing so hard now. Wonderful powder - just a shame more of the lifts weren't open (nearly got stuck down in Plaine Dranse at one point). Hopefully more lifts will open tomorrow. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh. Dear. God.

There is just so much snow.

Our neighbour is a pisteur and tells us that had to get out of his snowplough at the top of Chamossiere and went into the snow up to his neck.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shocked Shocked Very Happy pleased he got back to tell the tale!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FlyingStantoni,

Wowsers that is some serious snow. I bet the bashers are struggling to keep up with it. I get to Avoriaz on 5th Jan and cant wait.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still snowing here in Les Gets, I really wish it would stop now!
Going up to the bowl in the hope that more is open today, then over to Morzine.
I love the fact my drive gets cleared by the snow plough!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still snowing although a rumour of sunshine today...... Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Still snowing although a rumour of sunshine today...... Puzzled

Not sure where you got that Nadenoodlee (and you may well turn out to be right), but there's snow on GFS through to Wednesday night.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FlyingStantoni, never trust an iPhone.....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow, who would have thought it....SNOW Laughing Laughing Laughing Our friends are up in Avoriaz and the kids have never skied in the fluffy stuff, so first day was a bit
tearful, but now, well they think it is 'awesome dude' can they come again every Christmas, little do they know of the stress beforehand wondering if they would be skiing at all!!
snow conditions
Looks to be coming down heavily on the Val d'Abondance webcams

http://www.valdabondance.com/spip/spip.php?article9

Any on the spot reports. Out on Saturday - save some fresh stuff for us!
snow conditions
We're just back from a week with Paul and Nina Dally (snowHead DallyPaul) in Morzine. What a week! We skied fresh powder all week - on Sat it was almost waist deep in places! The pistes had at least 6 inches fresh snow on them almost every day, and Paul and Nina went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Thanks for a great week guys!

Tom.
ski holidays
Quote:

Still snowing although a rumour of sunshine today.....

most forecasts - notably Chamonix - had a rumour, or more, of sunshine for today but it's been pushed back to this evening by MF.
latest report
Tom Doc, Glad you had a good time with Paul and Nina! A bit jealous as I was meant to be out there for the first week of the season but had a little more work to do than I had expected!
snow conditions
Just had EPIC morning skiing....left hubbie out there as 8month post op knee said enoughs enough for today....fab lunch at Vaffieu...all in all great morning --- oh aprt from full bend back of thumb on tumble which is now swelling ncely - have to get someone else to pour the wine for me Toofy Grin
latest report
Wow - well we waited patiently for the lifts to open in Champery on Saturday and our reward (other than 20 CHF lift pass) at around 1pm was knee to waist deep powder everywhere accessible from Planachaux or Crosets lifts. Nothing was pisted.

By Sunday they had pisted the runs but still the same lifts open until the Mossettes finally opened in the afternoon though vis was poor. Powder still to be had though blasting the chop on the pistes was still lots of fun.

Legs sore today though...
latest report
Wow....just wow. That is all.
Thankyou Nadenoodlee for looking after Ed whilst we played in deep fluffy stuff!
snow report
No worries Chattonmill,

AND the iPhone was right FlyingStantoni, albeit in patches snowHead
ski holidays
I'm also in Morzine for the week, slopes seem to be really excellent everywhere and it's still snowing to tonight. It's pretty quiet on the slopes bit that part of the equation will probably change on Saturday for Christmas.
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
No worries Chattonmill,

AND the iPhone was right FlyingStantoni, albeit in patches snowHead

I stand corrected Nadenoodlee - there were definitely a few patches of sunshine. Fleeting, but definitely there.
ski holidays
We have just had more fun that should probably be allowed on Mont Chery. Not much is open, but what is open is simply awesome.

The two blacks down the front are skiable (although closed). Do watch out for the ditches, though!

MrsFS has gone for a "bit of a lie down". I don't expect to see her this evening. At least she'll be no trouble Toofy Grin
latest report
Sounds great guys, three and a half sleeps Very Happy
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni, Hmmm, ditches, yes (testament to limited base lower down) - the sis in law had a ditch experience at the bottom of the flegere home run yesterday. Hilarious.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh Mont Chery, how I miss thee...

Anyone check out Bouquetin?
ski holidays
davejsy wrote:
Anyone check out Bouquetin?

Closed alas. The back and side lifts aren't operating yet - they're still frozen up.
snow report
Dumping.......again!
latest report
zzz, That'll teach you to put too many jalapenos on your fajitas.
ski holidays
Supposed to be meeting chums at Pleney in an hour - best be open and empty snowHead
ski holidays
Had a lovely three hours out there this morning on the Pleney and over to Nyon and a quick dip into Les Gets. Loads of powder to be had - I found most of it when I fell over on Piste H under a chair lift and spent a few minutes summoning the energy to get out of it! Great day - still chucking it down outside now, will need to put the chains on to go and pick up bloke later me thinks!
snow report
Another hoon around Mont Chery today. The back is now open, but we didn't go over as it was blowing a hooolie on that side. They were working on the side chairlift this afternoon, so Bouquetin will probably be open tomorrow.

La Grande Ourse has changed the downstairs of their restaurant into a pizza / pasta restaurant and have imported an Italian chef. Pizzas are 10-12 euros and fan-bloody-tastic. Recommended.

Best of all, pizzas are buy 1 get one free after 14:30 and beer is buy 1 get one half price.
snow report
Anyone know what is wrong with the Avoriaz web cams, too much snow maybe Laughing
snow report
Kiters wrote:
Anyone know what is wrong with the Avoriaz web cams, too much snow maybe Laughing

Been like that for a day now. Really annoying me!
snow conditions
If you're in resort on the 27th and fancy joining us then please see this thread
ski holidays
I could fancy dioing that, will have to see if I can swing a pink slip for the day..

In other news ITS SNOWING here in Les Gets, heavily again, forcast says 80% chance it will go on all day.

I think the bowl and surrounds will be played with this morning and Mont Chery this afternoon. If anyone is going to be around I will be in a bright Yellow jacket and black trousers, oh and the obvious things will be the very fat skis! (and the fact I am 6ft 4))Shout Max and see if I respond!
snow report
Oh one other thing, does anyone know a good guide in Les Gets, I could really do with someone to show me the little hidden gems This service could be renumerated with either Food, booze or cold hard cash!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy