Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Winter 2008-2009

Poster: A snowHead
Well it finally stopped! There is so much snow it's almost impossible to go off piste: the safe slopes aren't steep enough, the steeper slopes aren't safe enough. Fortunately there are a few places that are goable. To give an indication of depth, it's up to waist deep on me and I'm 6ft2. Lovely weather today I had 6hrs only stopping for lifts and as a result am knackered. It's forecast to be nice tomorrow (although maybe windy) but then there's an even bigger dump forecast Shocked Cool snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swirly, sounds fantastic. Good to see that your first season has started in such spectacular style. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed, brilliant today. Blue skies, no clouds, no wind, few people, dry squeekie snow. A lot of anti avalanche work going on. And I found a parking space opposite the Jandri Express nicely cleared by some decent sort.

Credit crunch meant no lunch at altitude though. Could be worse, at least I am here.

Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Ash, Give me a bell.

ditto the above posts - couldn't have been nicer unless I'd remembered my boot heaters this morning - very cold as in solid block of non-feeling ice feet at the end of the day. Sad

I have a pic of the view from the top of the Signal chair looking towards ADH. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, that gives me goosebumps - great stuff! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
This time next week we'll be on our way Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am very excited but it's ages till I'll be there. Hope everyone has a great time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, are your pics available in a larger size somewhere - I want to drool over the detail!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly, They're all reduced to 640 x 480 pixels! Sorry, but that's about twice the size shown here. They're not online though. Sad Lovely day, and I'm having a lovely day of rest and waiting for the men's GS to start from ValD Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didn't go up today, but did see that there was a fair bit of movement in the clouds and also that there was snow blowing off the summits opposite me. Otherwise it was a lovely day and relatively warm in the afternoon. Very Happy Took a pic for you - the colour's a bit odd as I've finally got the phone camera working (don't know how/why), and it clearly needs setting up a bit different. Late afternoon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was dull and windy today but not too cold int he village. I never got up to the Cretes because they ran everything down here and access to the Cretes was only by the 2 chairs at the end. great to have all the lifts running down here though - lots of peeps, lots of instructors working, and I took a pretty pic of a couple of old chalets, showing the amount of snow still on the terraces etc. Note the chalet in the distance with the very steep roof - no snow sticking on that!! Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, wow - that is a whole lot of Snow! Shocked Very Happy No effects from the mega-foehn that (apparently) devasted the 3 valleys today then?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, High wind higher up, certainly warmer than of late, but that's relative. I wouldn't call it warm.

Dull this morning, some little spots of snow overnight, so I'll let you know later what it's like higher up.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was OK today. It started off with very flat light but brightened up considerably around midday. the snow on the Cretes was really nice, and although very tracked and cut up it wasn't too bad on the Grande Pente either. Very Happy Two pix: on a general view of the face, and the other of the snow that was on the little roof in yesterday's pic, which is now on the floor.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Getting quite windy by 4pm today a lot of snow has been blown about which means there's some nice little pockets in places but also some scoured patches on certain aspects. Still pretty good in most places though.
snow report
Has been darned miserable round here these last few days - mostly grey and cold, but brightened by having our daughter to stay for the weekend. There was awful black ice in Hull last week. Liz, who's coming on "the trip", is a matron in orthopaedics and says the Infirmary was on the verge of declaring "major incident" status as they were so overcrowded with fractures on Thursday Shocked.
latest report
Been much the same here today, brighten up a bit this afternoon but the glacier's been closed. The effect the wind has had is pretty obvious but there's still some good snow on piste, not worth bothering off IMO although some of the proper locals might know a bit more on that side of things.

Butterfly, they're pretty good at keeping the ground in resort from getting icy so hopefully wee won't have those problems here.
ski holidays
Swirly wrote:
Butterfly, they're pretty good at keeping the ground in resort from getting icy so hopefully wee won't have those problems here.

The crazy sue & claim world we live in now means that many businesses won't grit or salt their car parks or pavements - if they grit/salt they are seen as accepting liability & can be sued if someone slips on a bit they missed. So they do nothing, meaning more accidents happen rolling eyes
snow conditions
Butterfly, That's completely american daft isn't it. I just hate it when people have to blame someone else for their own stupidity. Twisted Evil

As Swirly says it cheered up again, and the forecast is better for the end of the week. I wasn't working today so I drove down to Bourg d'Oisans. The temperature inversion fog lasted all the way from the first bend to the dam, and it was cold and dank underneath it. Looks pretty in the pic though. rolling eyes
ski holidays
It was bucketing down with snow again this morning, but most of the day it was fairly light, and it cheered up mid afternoon. Unfortunately at that moment the wind started howling around the Cretes. Shocked Twisted Evil It didn't drop a massive amount of snow on us, but the trip down the Grande Pente with Gorilla was very pleasant. This was also partl;y because I got to try the Stoeckli Stormrider VXL today, and really, really LOVED THEM. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pic of looking down across the town to my (Venosc) end and also pic of Basin Cat!
snow report
Saw this and thought of you!

funny pictures of cats with captions

That view of cloud in the valley is quite eerie.
snow report
Easiski, Better the basin than the toilet Laughing Hopefully see you next week snowHead
latest report
blizt, He's also fallen in the loo, the washing machine and the bath when I was in it! He's fsscinated by water - what can I say?

Butterfly, Better camera than my phone! I thnk the basin is just the right shape for a curly cat.

It's not actually snowing this morning, but is overcast - we'll wait and see.
ski holidays
easiski, I used to hate cats.... until my wife told me we were having two. They can be very special Very Happy

Looks like a great start to the season Very Happy
ski holidays
Our cat like to sleep in the sink too. Weird?
ski holidays
easiski, that pic isn't one I took, it is off the icanhascheezburger.com site!
ski holidays
easiski, Perfect fit Cool

Just looked at the webcam, blue skies with some cloud....one day to go Very Happy Very Happy

Bas des Pistes
snow conditions
R32, Yes - it's cleared up now but the Venosc mist is still there just below my house.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like I got lucky with my very very very budget accomodation. Just received the exact details. Residence Le Meijotel, with the Jandri express just outside the door.
It gets good reviews too Wink
snow report
Ronald, Cool Very handy, and if you're high enough it should be possible to sleep as well!

As mentioned earlier it cleared up and what a nice change. I was able to do some work on the insulation out on my balcony this afternoon. Very Happy Here's a pic looking across town to the Northern end in the late-ish afternoon. Heavy shade at the southern end, but still plenty of sun to be had.
latest report
Weather great, wish you were here Wink
ski holidays
easiski, that blue sky looks wonderful.

If anyone happens to be "up town", I'd appreciate seeing a pic that shows the location of the Lutins. I have a reasonable idea where it is but not exactly.
latest report
rayscoops, enjoy it
latest report
Butterfly, Back of Les Lutins from the car park in front of the ESF Office/Jandri Express/White Eggs, etc. Front is on the main drag.

IMGP1127
snow report
Butterfly, I will try to take photo of front for you! More later
latest report
Colin B, thanks - but when I click on it I get told I don't have permission to view it!

Easiski, thanks - will look forward to a snowy one!
snow conditions
Butterfly, OK I'll change that on flickr
ski holidays
Butterfly, I see you are using Bens Bus. It will stop at bus stop from where this photo was taken.
snow report
Colin B, Thanks.
snow conditions
has anyone got any info on Chalet Le Christiana? Where it is, any reviews of the place?... Anything will be greatly appreciated. We booked a good deal through Panorama.ie but they don't really have any information regarding it—nor can we find it on the official resort website.

thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy