Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
thefatcontroller, ... obviously depends on conditions on the day, but in reasonable conditions, they are fairly tame and not very long.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BernardC, Shall make sure mrsfatcontroller reads your comments Toofy Grin Toofy Grin No excuses
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If bored on camera 1 you can watch them build a half pipe

http://pv.viewsurf.com/?id=60
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller wrote:

yes am bored - thanks!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The ants are back on camera 3 Toofy Grin . Boy are they taking their time to build the half pipe on camera 1

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Somone has posted on this thread on RG's great La Plagne website some head cam footage of several runs inlcuding the North Face of Bellecote

http://thermique74.nuxit.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1883&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

on page 2 a link to this site and another video of the North Face run

http://www.skieur.com/News/573-david-allemoz-en-inside-face-nord-bellecote-video-camera-embarquee.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh.... my...... god......!
Call me a wimp.. but I got giddy just looking at those!! Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, There's a couple of Guys in Montalbert who pop over to do some of those runs as if it were piste. I can introduce in March if you want to go with them Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

yes am bored - thanks!!

you were bored. but a get no responce from my picture of the new ski centre in wiltshire all be it with a lack of snow at the moment. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ntfarmer, Sorry! I have been in back to back meetings all day! Was that a green or a black run you sent me? Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, I've got a picture of Me and K skiing ntfarmer,'s field's, I'll see if I can find it Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mouth, Was that a green or a black run you sent me?

Red becouse of mogals, `crow`vasses caused by rabbits. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ntfarmer wrote:

What? No marmottes??
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth wrote:
ntfarmer wrote:

What? No marmottes??

to warm in wiltshire.
latest report
Snwoing heavy up at 2000m. Should be visible down low by the morning Cool

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/laplagne/araucaria/index.htm

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/laplagne/araucaria/webcam2.htm
snow conditions
Some nice early morning shots of a snowy Montchavin. Yippee

http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-tarentaise&detail=montchavin
ski holidays
For sad web cam geeks Embarassed A new one I think

A chalet in les Coches has installed a cam

http://www.ski-lasource.com/webcam/index.asp
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, Thanks for that, that webcam is soooo cool. I'm going to Les Coches on the 22nd and I've just been drooling over my keyboard Very Happy I know Easter is early this year but there appears to be way more snow than when I went last year, the pistes were open down to Les Coches but there was little snow about apart from on the pistes.
latest report
thefatcontroller, Could you post that in the Montalbert thread, CockoftheNorth may just get an idea for CG ski to have a webcam Very Happy
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, that's where we have stayed for the last few years.

Make the most of that webcam as it's being moved at the end of the season.

Great ski company by the way, highly recommended.
latest report
bladeskier, we stayed there 2 years ago. Chris and Linda of Ski Lasource were great, very helpful. Liked Les Coches as well, good for the link to Les Arc. Do you know what they are doing with the web cam - re-siting it or getting rid completely?
Thanks
snow report
smwbounce, we stay every half-term with Chris and Linda, great people.

They are losing Chalet Evelyne at the end of this season as the owner is selling.

The webcam will be re-sited, they don't know where yet.
snow report
bladeskier, we managed to sneak in at half term when "their regulars" had a different half term week to us ... I guess that must have been your group!
latest report
Quick update. Arrived Montchavin last night. Snow great, very warm today but just great. Had 3 hours of private lessons today, first time and worth every penny. Really not much more to add, its just great, bit slushy after lunch but beats work. Big queues but feck that still better than work; Of now for beer and food. Bye
ski holidays
Just back. Had a ball. Lot, lot busier than normal but conditions were great. Montchavin was as beautiful and friendly as ever. Champgny turned into a hell hole as once you went down there were 15 minutes queues to lifts to get out wiht no escape routes. They need snow and quick though. It was 23 degress C when we left yesterday.

Special credit must go to Bruno at Evolution2 ski school in Montchavin for a great 3 hours of lessons. he had so mnay errirs to correct. Sold on the idea now of private lesson worth every penny but use local independent companies not the factory crowd ESF. Mad
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, It's been dumping down with snow since lunchtime today Toofy Grin (and still is now!)
Champagny was wonderfully quiet on Saturday with no lift queues NehNeh
snow conditions
boredsurfin, We were up on Grand Rochette until about 2pm Saturday, having to much fun of Rochette to bother going down Champgny again.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just got back from La Plagne yesterday and it was snowing quite a lot at 1800 on Sunday so should be good this week.
Had about 2 feet at 1800 ealier in the week so the locals recon there should be enough snow now for the rest of the season.

On sunny days it's very hot during the day (t-shirt weather).
latest report
I'm not sure it's still going to be t-shirt weather around La Plagne next week! Heading off on Sat with OH to join his dad in Montchavin (his poor mum is stuck at home due to weirdness of Easter school hols). Getting very excited about the amounts of snow that are being forecast! I have been looking forward *all winter* to this!!! snowHead Was in New Zealand recently (for uni research so stuck in a lab most of time unfortunately) and I tell you, even summer there cannot get me as excited as snow in the Alps!
snow conditions
new ski addict, Think you will need your thermals for next week, looks like it is going to be very cold but with lots of fresh snow. You lucky, lucky person. You been to Montchavin before? Watch the traffic if driving.
latest report
We're flying to Chambery where boyf's dad is picking us up; guess if there's traffic we'll just have to be patient. Boyf's family have been going to Montchavin for years; they used to take their caravan and leave it there all winter, but bought an apartment last summer after the caravan whell fell off on the autoroute! I first visited in the summer 2/3 years back, then Christmas 2006 for my first ski trip, but the snow was pretty rubbish then. I basically learned to ski on ice! Looking forward to some snow in the village I hope - would be so pretty.

i'll stop rubbing it in now... If only we could all just magically zap to the slopes any time we wanted, without all this pesky and time consuming travelling!
ski holidays
Actually you will be very jealous of his dad - now that's he's retired he gets a season ski pass and spends most of the winter in Montchavin, with the missus joining him for the school holidays - she's a total ski widow, at least until she can retire as well.
latest report
new ski addict, Ah yes the icy slopes of Montchavin, you have brought a tear of joy to my eyes. Was there last week and sadly it was all soft snow. Think you are going to have plenty to ski back on from looking at the forecast.

Have a read of this thread some short cuts there

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=892921#892921
snow report
new ski addict, He will know Cyril in la Ferme. My wife wants to leave me for Cyril Sad but that would be ok if it meant I could crash at their place. Toofy Grin
snow report
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
I shall look out for this Cyril...
snow conditions
One more thing, thefatcontroller, I take it you've been to Montchavin a fair bit? I've been toying with the idea of getting a lesson at some point next week, to stop me falling into too many bad habits. Is there anyone you'd recommend around there? When I first learned I had group lessons with ESF, where I was the only English person, but managed OK; I got on quicker than all the French girlies anyway! The instructor was called Benoit, apparently his dad owns the Intersport shop.
ski holidays
new ski addict, Don't use ESF Shocked Shocked Shocked Go to Evolution2 up by the bubble, ask for Bruno and book some private lssons with him. He has taught our kids and we bite the bullet last week and had 3 hours of private lessons with him. He was great, good fun and we learnt loads. I would say any of the guys in Evolution2 and their english is perfect and for added bonus they will flirt with you non stop. Oh boy did mrsfatcontroller enjoy the lesson with Bruno Mad Laughing

http://www.evolution2.com/plagne/default.asp
snow report
Looking at this early morning shot from this web cam it is snowing heavy in Les Coches and by all accounts it ain't due to stop snowing for about a week or so Shocked Shocked Cool If it isn't set on it, change the view to 'view from chalet' you can see the snow is sticking on roads and thats only at 1400m

http://www.ski-lasource.com/webcam/index.asp
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy