Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
rayscoops wrote:
anyway, in 20 hours time my board will be carrying down the slopes of Morzine and PDS generally, so can I expect snow over the next week

Yes

Quote:
(gentle squeeze of knee Little Angel plus emoticon) and will it it nice and chilly? Very Happy

On occasion, yes. It will also be a bit mild at times.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carled wrote:
rayscoops wrote:
anyway, in 20 hours time my board will be carrying down the slopes of Morzine and PDS generally, so can I expect snow over the next week

Yes

but how much, I see snow-forecast is suggesting over 20cm Mon/Tues for Avoriaz whereas j2ski is saying 12cm......

....taxi!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a 54 seat coach just pulled up outside for you lot rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know that it is not possible to forecast accurately (especially in cm detail Twisted Evil ) but MrsMory and I are off to VT at the start of April and wondered what snow conditions we might expect based on previous experience and knowledge. It's the first time we've booked for this late and good fortune has allowed 3 trips this season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tobymory, anything from slush to fresh powder, warmth to cold!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tobymory, I'd agree with kitenski, early April is one of the most variable times; but you'd be unlucky not to have a good holiday, and it could be a great one. Long days, lifts open late. If it's too warm and sunny, do some walking. There'll be flowers down in the valleys and spring will be springing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sound advice, im off to soll 22 march but will be taking walking boot incase .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BTW I've skied Trois Vallees late April for the past 4 seasons, and never wanted or felt the need to go walking! Even when it was +15 and I was getting back after skiing and having a beer in shorts on the balcony!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, when you say late April,, do you mean middle to end of April ? Just curious as we've booked to go to Meribel for Easter 2009, w.c. 12/4 and wondered what to expect ....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Now I'm no expert but judging from the above can i assume a lot of snow for march?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Could be snow, could be rain as there are many wigglies above freezing Shocked Have I been reading right?
It could all change in the next few days but if the temperatures drop, and they have in the last few runs it could be promising. ( ooohhhh get me)

Don't listen to me though. And never assume............
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The 12z run (the one you posted above, but as you've linked to the file directly, will update by the morning and will look different) has been continually warm for the last three days. The 00z, 6z and 18z runs have all been much cooler so I'm ignoring the 12z as I don't like the cut of its jib. I fully expect this chart to look far more impressive in the morning, but yes it's looking very promising for the week I'm out there from the 15th and on into Easter if the cold spell comes off as looks likely. Fair bit of snow around too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
out of interest, how much snow does a millimeter of rain make? does it vary with temprature?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carled, please could you confirm the lat/long for the Zermatt area is 46/8 to put into the thingy for the wiggly charts, so I can be looking at the correct area.
Ta.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I make zermatt 46.01 and 7.74
latest report
ringingmaster, 1mm rain = 1cm snow, apparently
latest report
noggy, not necessarily. That's a rough measure, but it can be more or less, depending on the conditions in which the snow is formed, and falls. ringingmaster is right, temperature is a key factor but I can't remember the details!!
snow report
masmith wrote:
kitenski, when you say late April,, do you mean middle to end of April ? Just curious as we've booked to go to Meribel for Easter 2009, w.c. 12/4 and wondered what to expect ....

yes, I've skied La Tania closing day twice (ie end of April), and both times been able to ski down to La Tania at 1300m. I've had powder, I've had slush, I've had great holidays!

Some pics from late April 2005 here, w/c 17th April

http://gregh.co.uk/albums/latania2005/

and last years "poor" snow, taken first week of April I think

http://gregh.co.uk/albums/latania07/
latest report
hi folks,

Just to let ye know , just back from Saalbach late sat night. Had spent weeks fretting/jumping with joy/crying/ snow dancing for the cold white stuff for the time we were there.And yes, the predictions were spot on. We had ordered the snow to be delivered on the Tuesday (we arrived that night).It did. Got the deliverly address right and everything. About 10-15cm at 1000m, more up on the play area. Some snow was on back order for the Wednesday. Got that, with a little wind. Temps rose as requested on Thurs and Friday, (a little too much, some resort runs closed ( at least 3 no), Temps down a bit on Saturday. Looked as if it would snow ,but no one signed for it so it didn't drop anything off.
So well done carled & pam. Good as your word. Would definitly recommend yourselves for all snow needs. Keep up the good work.
BTW :How do you work the invoices for the snow ? I had assumed it would be COD, had a small chicken with me for sacrifice and everything. ( Will name the first born after yourselves as a sign of good faith) Smile
ski holidays
Slev, Laughing
snow conditions
Slev, Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
The O6Z wigglies are in. Am I interpreting this correctly as still a good chance of dumpage for my Easter trip to Val d'Isere 22-29 March? snowHead

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 10-03-08 14:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
HUGE chance - it's going to dump about 64.35" and you'll be skiing freshies all week snowHead
snow report
shoogly, lol Smile

In all seriousness though... wink I like the look of the big precipitation spike coinciding with the drop in temps around the 16 march...there seems to be good agreement between the wigglies on that one. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
looks like a bit of a dump coming in the next few hours for the western alps... or do i read this wrong?

http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

snow report
Quote:
So well done carled & pam

I deny it, had nothing to do with it, it wasn't me, honest....
ski holidays
shoogly,

looks like its nuking there right now.
snow report
pam w,

you did Pam, don't be shy.And not a thing you say can convince me otherwise. Little Angel

oh the relief!!!

I am now looking at the charts and this forum out of interest, just seeing where's getting snow,who's winding who up ,
safe in the fact that it is out of interest in the general well being of the snow god and how he(she) is making so many out there do those silly little dances.
I can grow my hair and let a barber cut it now, instead of the self hair-removal technique.

Anyway, seems like March will be generally good. The many famillies out for Easter will be getting what they paid for,
which is great.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am having some difficulty in connecting to MeteoSuisse. Anyone else having this problem?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Hurtle,

MeteoSuisse wrote:

Prévision pour la journée :

Actualisée le 11.03.2008, 06.10
Nord des Alpes, Valais, Nord et Centre des Grisons :
- Ce matin, nuageux avec quelques averses entrecoupées par quelques éclaircies. Limite des chutes de neige vers 900 mètres. Cet après-midi, le plus souvent très nuageux avec des précipitations devenant continues. Limite des chutes de neige remontant jusque vers 1500 mètres, voire 1800 mètres sur les Préalpes et le Jura.

Températures maximales : 10 degrés.

A 2000 mètres, température s'élevant de -7 à +1 degré.

En montagne, vent fort à tempétueux d'ouest à nord-ouest.
Sur le Plateau, vent du sud-ouest modéré à fort.

Sud des Alpes et Engadine :
- Assez ensoleillé sur le Centre et le Sud du Tessin. Le long des Alpes et en Engadine, en partie ensoleillé, mais généralement sec.

Températures cet après-midi : 15 degrés.

Evolution probable du mercredi au samedi :

Actualisée le 11.03.2008, 06.10
Au Nord et en Valais :
Mercredi, le plus souvent très nuageux avec des précipitations. Limite des chutes de neige s'abaissant de 1500 à 1000 mètres. Maximum 11°. Vent d'ouest fort à tempétueux en montagne et sur le nord du Plateau. Jeudi, temps changeant avec développement de belles éclaircies.
Encore quelques précipitations éparses. Limite des chutes de neige vers 1000 mètres. Maximum 8°. Vendredi, assez ensoleillé, voire bien ensoleillé en Valais. Maximum 14°.
Samedi, assez ensoleillé. Maximum 15°.

Au Sud :
Mercredi et jeudi, assez ensoleillé. Nuageux et quelques précipitations le long des Alpes. Maximum 17 à 20°.
Vendredi, assez ensoleillé. Maximum 18°. Samedi, devenant nuageux. Quelques précipitations en fin de journée. Maximum 16°.
snow conditions
brian, Thanks. Can you give me the url you're using? I'm looking to get into the resort-specific (Verbier) bit. Tomorrow's looking good for the Valais, though, if it really keeps on going at a lowish level all day.
snow conditions
Hurtle,

http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/web/fr/meteo/previsions_en_detail/prevision_par_localite.html and put in the Verbier postcode -1936
ski holidays
Hurtle,

http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/web/fr/meteo/previsions_en_detail/prevision_par_localite.html and put in the Verbier postcode -1936
latest report
carled, what are the charts saying for you next week in Wengen ? And more imprtantly for the week after Twisted Evil
snow report
Steve Sparks, thanks, but Internet Explorer won't let me connect. I don't understand it, I used to have no problem at all.
snow report
Hurtle, No probs for me running Safari - sorry Very Happy
ski holidays
Hurtle, I'm fine on there using IE7
ski holidays
I just don't understand what the problem is. Weird.
snow report
masmith, I think Carled's there right now. It's snowing here, but very marginal on temperature and forecast to be warmer tomorrow. Huge amounts of something will be falling out of the sky, but meteo chamonix has it as rain below 1900m tomorrow morning. Crying or Very sad

But nice snow here today, and I had a great day with a nervous beginner who didn't think he'd ever like skiing, never really wanted to give it a go, and is now thoroughly exhilarated and didn't mind that it was driech and gloomy all day. He even skied through a tiny bit of powder. I suspect he'll even want to go out in the rain tomorrow. snowHead
ski holidays
Au contraire... I'm not in Wengen until Saturday for a week.

Forecast still looking good for that week and for the week beyond. Chance of some rain at first for me though... Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy