Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
The snow is really coming down! Cham meteo is forecasting 40-60 cm today, 20-30 cm tonight, 10-20 cm tomorrow and 5-10 cm on Sunday. Excellent. It is really cold as well and the freezing level is very low. Should be a hum-dinger of a week...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomstickland, fantastic video - I'm sure I saw myself in the background once Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowmonkey, can't beleive there's been that much of a dump - great timing for our arrival on Sunday.

This webcam - http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-ch-portesdusoleil&detail=lesgets&big=67 - has shown no snow for ages. It's rammed with it no...

...... sweeeeeeet!! Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
grrr stuck at home (snowing here), on call for work (grrr) and this is probably going to be my 1st time in years without a trip to PdS Sad

Anyone know when season finishes in Avoriaz/Chatel? Just trying to work out if I can sneak a weekend there in April. Earliest I can do I 4-5-6th April.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I woke up to a blizzard outside my window this morning down in Morzine town centre, and it snowed ALL day today. Major dumps everywhere in PDS. even on the lowest slopes. there was even deep powder on the runs sight down to Ardent and Les Prodains.

Strong winds high up this morning meant that some of the snow at the very top was getting blown off leaving some icy patches, but still skiable. Apart from that, fantastic snow everywhere. They started shutting alot of the runs and pistes in the afternoon due to the wind - i felt like my face was being sandblasted - and it got really windy on the lower slopes too. that should mean the snow stays beeeeeautiful for tomorrow if no-one's been on it today.

Forecast for tomorrow is snow showers and sunny spells according to the sheet at Super Morzine sstation.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Absolutely epic. Freshies everywhere and the foul weather meant the slopes were pretty empty.

The excitement was somewhat tempered by the fact that all the links were closed, Fornet was closed and nothing was open above the Stade. After a couple of runs in Linderats and a quick dallaince with the Chaux Fleurie lift (abslutely foul that side), we headed over to Hauts Forts - where we skied largely empty slopes for four hours. We didn't eat until 3pm and then founf out that the wind had closed the lift back to Linderats and our car at Ardent - meaning we had to go by bus, via town to pick it up.

There was at least 40cm on the car when we got back to it.

Early night tonight methinks!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhillipStanton, awesome. Hope you enjoy it all!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They reckon the snowline will be down to 400m - and people were saying that I shouldn't be going to a resort that's so low - Pah!! idiots!! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just left morzine after a week today unfortunatly. But woke up to a blizzard this morning with the snowline being down to 500m at around 11 am. Had a very long transfer to geneva because the roads were so bad. 10's of cars stuck putting snow chains on for miles. But amazing skiing out there aparently. If your going out in the next week it's going to be awesome.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy, Avoriaz doesn't shut until the last Sunday on April so plenty of time for more skiing!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arriving in Les Gets tomorrow. Looks fantastic Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Enjoy everyone! And please leave some for me Madeye-Smiley Just spoke to Les Gets apparently more coming this pm......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Both Friday and today were wonderful skiing days. Friday I was only able to get out in the morning, but had deep powder on and off piste - managed to fall 5 times in the off piste by Vorroces as the snow was super deep, however 10 out of 10 for fun. In the afternoon huge amounts of snow fell, we put chains on the car, some chaos in town with cars spinning around, navette bus and red bubble stopped running, and big queues on the road up from Taninges.
Today we woke up to blue skies, sparkling white fresh snow - probably around a metre of new snow over the 2 days - and trees laden with snow all around. Roads were all cleared, so everything working ok again. Great conditions on piste and even better off. Skied round Melezes, Vorroces, Rhodos, round the bowl. Started to snow again at lunchtime, now falling steadily. Minus 0.5 in the village.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rightyho,

Have a good week everyone. Just gonna get me head down for a bit before I set of for Gatwick at midnight. For a 28-year-old I'm far too excited - an't wait!!

Will let you know how I get on on seven days time Smile...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You couldn't ask for more. Blues skies (well, until lunmch) and fresh powder (even to quite late if you knew where to look).

Shocking number of people skiing off piste though. Avalanche risk started at 5 at 7am and was dropped to 4. So, as nice as some of it looked, we did the right thing and stayed on controlled terrain.

Highlights of the day:
- Zore - pisted, with real "hero snow" - I carved it top to bottom. I know there was powder to be had, but we'd have had to have been stupid not to have done it.
- zzz's powder stash by the drage at the top of Zore. Everyone else was in such a rush to get up the mountain that they all skied past three runs of extremely obvious freshies with bonus comedy ditch at the end.
- The newly contolled Cozets couloir. Magic stuff. Steep and deep.

Lowlight of the day - the Crozat bowl was closed Sad

Everything aches. snowHead
latest report
Low cloud this morning and it has just started snowing again. Minus 3.6 in the village. Should be another great day.
Yes, quite agree re avalanche risk, PhillipStanton, we only skied powder runs next to pistes, mainly with a instructor as well, yesterday.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, heading over this morning...where will you be? PM'ed mobile in case you're near a pC...
latest report
If I could have seen anything today, I'd be able to give you a snow report...

One of those days. Locked down and closed in. We had a four year old skiing (rather well) with us today and didn't stray far from Zore on Super Morzine - only straying into Avoriaz to have a very first go on a drag lift in Trashers. (Mother and child both doing well Wink)

Whilst we didn't head up high, it didn't look inviting and the high winds suceeded in closing a number of lifts (heard second hand through overheard conversations).

Four year old on a drag lift though. Top day snowHead
ski holidays
Great skiing again on Sunday though lazily only did a few afternoon runs. Not too many people. Snow flakes blew around most of the day, but not a great deal settled. Powder still fresh and fluffy everywhere and pistes tip top. Visibility fine here other than flat light at the top of Tulipe. Some dramatic blasts of sunlight coming through the clouds above Morzine and lighting up parts of the valley, as we went up Ranfolly lift.
A couple of inches fell overnight; the sun is now out and every roof in the village is covered with a neat cap of white snow. 1 degree.
ski holidays
Be arriving in Les Gets tomorrow lunch time. Cant wait! Just hoping for more snow!
ski holidays
Feshies all day at the Terche. No one around and good visibility - must head there aghin later this week. Foreacast is predicting 30-70cm more beofre Friday at 1500m! Yippeeeeee
ski holidays
Sunday, excellent skiing from Super Chatel over to La Chapelle. No one at the Braitaz section - powder run after powder run. Then over to Cret Beni for more of the same...

Today, great conditions over the Linga/Pre La Joux areas, and even the chopped up off piste areas were still fluffy.

Snow has been coming down quite hard since mid afternoon, so tomorrow should be excellent. I'lll probably head back over to La Chapelle for my own private powder stash...

All good Very Happy
latest report
Fab Fab Fab. Tracked powder on Xmas tree run, Lindaret trees, new run by the cold chair and managed to get 4 more individuals to attempt "Davina's Gap". Just fantastic. And a top lunch at La Cremaillere. It does not get much better. (Sunshine would have been nice though).
ski holidays
Today was the stuff of dreams. Beautiful deep fluffy powder and no one around. Opted for Super Chatel & Barbosine with an aim of heading to La Chapelle but couldn't get over to Torgon because the Swiss pisteurs had slept in and were still lobbing dynamite around.

However, we went up and down the Tour du Don drag for over an hour, the only ones skiing down the face to the right....lovely.

A quick ski down to Morgins then over to Chalet Neuf for lunch.

We then had an superb descent down the left side of Morclan, and finally down the field back to my chalet. Haven't done that all season!

Couldn't get over how lush the snow was - deep, light and fluffy. There is 245cm at the top and 68 cm at the bottom - great for the time of year.

Oh, and it has just started snowing again... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
The geetee family have just come back from an excellent Easter weekend break with phillipstanton and mrsphillipstanton. Very Happy Very Happy We really lucked out and the snow was fantastic - see the reports above. Little geetee had a great time on her skis but also check out the snowploughing telemarker Laughing Now I understand why this thread is still going and why you all rave about the PDS so much. snowHead I think we might have to plan a return for next season.

This was at the bottom of Ardent on Friday - it was puking/dumping

This was the next morning above the Zore piste.

And this was a view of the Toblerones

And somewhere around the same place (I think Very Happy )
latest report
You are costing me a fortune. The only way to overcome temptation is to sucumb to it.. Just booked for next tuesday to sunday in Morzine. Going selfcatering so recommendations for pubs and restaurants greatly appreciated Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
geetee wrote:
Little geetee had a great time on her skis but also check out the snowploughing telemarker Laughing

And somewhere around the same place (I think Very Happy )

And could I shake the little blighter off rolling eyes

That'll be the Fornet bowl.
ski holidays
Monday. Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow, snow. We parked in Prodains and had four or five runs down the Fornet bowl before the weather beat us off the mountain. We're not fair-weather skiers, but frankly, if I wanted a facial, I'd just go for a facial.

Ironically, snowzebra reported clear skies over in Les Gets - which shows that it pays to shop around for conditions.

How much was it snowing last night? Enough for MrsPhillipStanton and I to decide that, for the first time, the Ibis at Geneva airport was the best place to sleep to ensure that we got on our flight this morning.

Good move kevducky - that snow isn't going anywhere. L'Etale (in the centre) is a favourite for hearty portions of good value food (particularly good ribs). Rhodos (at the bottom of the hill, by the river) is more expensive, but does excellent burgers and pizzas.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton wrote:

And could I shake the little blighter off

She was definitely hot on your tails! Very Happy Oops, there goes a bit more of the graphics.

PhillipStanton wrote:

How much was it snowing last night? Enough for MrsPhillipStanton and I to decide that, for the first time, the Ibis at Geneva airport was the best place to sleep to ensure that we got on our flight this morning.

Yes, not much fun missing flights, eh? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Another inch outside this morning. Minus 0.6.
Two more excellent skiing days. Monday was clear/snow showers in the morning, so managed to have two or three hours out in the bowl and on the Grand Cry ( children's run) with small daughter until it really did start snowing hard and we came back 1.30ish. Visibility fine, just lots of snow coming down. Later on met up with PhillipStanton, and mrsPhillipStanton, for a nice drink and chat; they were on their way to Geneva -see above.
Yesterday was perfect; it had snowed a good few inches overnight and there was just even more powder everywhere. Melezes and Vorroces superb.
The village and mountains are at their most beautiful and the skiing is exceptional.
latest report
And another 20 cms forecast for this evening!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
snowzebra wrote:
Grand Cry ( children's run)

What do you mean children's run? Shocked Shocked Shocked wink
ski holidays
snowzebra, Snowmonkey, this is reminding me of March 06 Laughing Laughing Laughing 2 sleeps to Flaine, 10 to Les Gets yee hah
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, isn't it the one where kids have to accessorize with little kids in order to be 'allowed' wink
snow report
Lou wrote:
PhillipStanton, isn't it the one where kids have to accessorize with little kids in order to be 'allowed' wink

That's the one.

The trouble is that little kids don't appreciate it in the same way. Where else do you get to have a good bang on a drum when you're skiing...?
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, so has Sophie done her BASI 1st level too? She looks like it... wink
ski holidays
PhillipStanton wrote:

Where else do you get to have a good bang on a drum when you're skiing...?

I know! Laughing We were having fun and all she wanted to do was go skiing - sheesh!

David Murdoch wrote:

so has Sophie done her BASI 1st level too? She looks like it...

Laughing maybe next year - she needs to work on her student feedback.
snow conditions
I hope you all rang the bell too Laughing
And expect you did the Easter Egg hunt??
ski holidays
Just back, the world has turned on it's head. Transformed snow, heavy, chopped and wind effected. Too many people skiing bumps like monkeys dancing on hot coals. Aweful, we found some good stuff if you hike but this area seems to get the worst from the weather, altitude, aspect and ground geography. Plus, so many French CUNTZ. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
.... and breathe. You sound a bit tense SMALLZOOKEEPER
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy