Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Most awesome day - it was my '40th' this week and so treated ourselves to an instructor for the morning. Jacky from ESF Montriond was unsure of conditions when we set off but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the offpiste.

Departed Lindarets at 0900 up Chaux Fleurie down through Pre Le Joux then up to Le Linga. Then did La Leche or Hidden Valley. Spring like conditions up top bit crusty at the bottom, then a hoon back through Avoriaz up the Fornet and down Valley de la Manche -beautiful spring conditions and good snow cover - in the Crappahutte for a beer by 1210!! Then helicopter back to Les Lindarets for lunch at La Terrasse - well you are only 40 once!!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It was Ok this morning, but most snow had turned to slush by lunch time. Two very warm days now.
I still managed to ski all day and there's plenty to do, but very hard work, especially on the popular bits. I found it better to go and do steep sections.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
tomstickland, Is it busy? You ski off the piste? Back side of Avoriaz down to Linderetts? Tell me everything.

It's not been busy all week IMO. Longest queue I've had all week was 5 minutes at one lift, otherwise plenty of space.

I do do the odd bit of off piste skiing, it's a new discovery for me. I've not ventured onto virgin snow yet - I just go where lots of others have already been, but still off piste.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy birthday snowandtrek.

Helicopter huh. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
im going to be in les gets from the22nd of this month for a week and would like to ski some off piste. I keep hearing about the valle de la manche which i would like to try
any advice on a guide and how much would a guide for this trip be. any other suggestions for off piste gratefully accepted. I have skied for 25 yrs and am 34years old I would say I am reasonably happy off piste but have never skied off piste with anything other than 8 year old head cybers ( bit thin under foot ?) so my turns are a bit old skool!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like there's some nice coldness coming towards the end of next week. All we need then is a bit of snow and it'll be perfect.. Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just checking in from a Cybercafe in Morzine having finished day 4 of 6.

Amazingly warm - 21 deg C in the village, 12ish up the mountain.

Absolutely dreadful conditions after lunch - horrible, horrible porridgy slush on the way back to everywhere. Bottom of Point de Nyon (near restaurant) yesterday had patches of water rather than slush!!!

However, got some great skiing in this morning when we started at Les Lindarets and headed up Chaux Fleurie towars the Linga sector. Maybe try that again tomorrow. Set the alarm clock and get up on the first lift.

Plus, snow forecast for overnight tonight Smile

Ed
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
torico, you don't need a "guide" - because it's not glaciated terrain - but you do want to take someone who knows where they're going. If you ask the ESF they'll be able to give you an instructor qualified to take you off piste.

You don't want to do it yourself as there are a few pitches that are avalanche prone at the best of times. One instructor and clients were caught in one a few years ago. I think the instructor survived.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Woo-hoo, SNOW! The freezing level dropped faster than forecast, and we had snow on the ground this morning. It is now snowing quite heavily at resort level (Chatel). And there is a fair bit of snow forecast for the next 24 hours coupled with cold temps.

All good Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowmonkey, excellent, hope you enjoy it. Friday's porridge was less than enjoyable, except for a a bit of lovely spring snow we found on the back of Mt Chery. Now in London, where it is raining Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, I am going to monkey on up in a bit so I will report back. They are doing the "try and ski/board over the water" thing at Pre La Joux this afternoon - usually quite entertaining...

However, there are thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon so could be interesting Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm back home in Stroud now (just arrived, after leaving Morgins at 4:30 yesterday afernoon, and 4 hour sleep waiting for ferry).

After 3 days of skiing on afternoon mush I finally managed to make some sense of it, but it's really tiring. I discovered that steep is best when it turns to mush.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Got to Morzine on Friday. Went up to Avoriaz all day Saturday. Beautiful sunny day, but snow getting a bit patchy. It snowed ALL day today. All pistes around Avoriaz were great, ecept for the slush in the centre of town, and they closed several lifts due to high winds. Had to give up at about 4pm because visibility got too bad, and the wind was awful. At one point I thought I had frostbite in my nose! Apparently, it rained all day in Morzine.

Tomorrow's forecast is more more snow and lower down too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sheepmadang, Cool i was just about to ask, looks good for the end of the week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Here are some of my mate's photo's from his trip to Morzine last week ( 8th March-15th March 08 ) :-

Morzine

Avoriaz
ski holidays
ski-finder, Nice shots --- Looks great again !
snow report
Looks sweet - I'm all excited like a kiddie at Xmas!! Smile
snow report
snowandtrek, Happy birthday, I've seen some photos on Ian's facebook,(about 20 seconds after he got home!!) looked amazing, very jealous !!! Cool Cool
ski holidays
Another great day yesterday - some great powder stashes on the Linga side - but I can divulge where!! Snowed all day down to 1200/1300m. Going to go up in a minute and get above the cloud to see what it is like. Looks like it is going to be an awesome end of season. Last guests go around 12th April then the pistes are ours!!
snow conditions
I agree with snowandtrek.

Lovely snow yesterday - we did Linga then headed over via Mossette to Switzerland and did the Grand Paradis - nice at the top but very poor lower down.

Did 25 miles in all according to the satnav. Finished off skiing in the 30cm powder at the side of Zore going down to the Super Morzine which was fun.

No snow down in Morzine town, but there was some new stuff in Les Gets as I went through on the transfer.

Back in work now Sad No skiing till Christmas Crying or Very sad

Ed
snow report
ecsleath wrote:
I agree with snowandtrek.Did 25 miles in all according to the satnav.

You swish so-and-so!! Smile I was just going to use one of those wheels that surveyors use to record my distance!! Smile Might be tricky on a snowboard though....
ski holidays
We are out in Les Gets next week. Very excited as things look like they are going to be top notch.
latest report
Specialman wrote:
ecsleath wrote:
I agree with snowandtrek.Did 25 miles in all according to the satnav.

You swish so-and-so!! Smile I was just going to use one of those wheels that surveyors use to record my distance!! Smile Might be tricky on a snowboard though....

So how do these Sat Nav things work then?
snow report
ski-finder wrote:
So how do these Sat Nav things work then?

I've got a navman x300 - Amazon review

It's quite simple - not one of these things with maps on, but the clever bit is that it can detect when you're going uphill, so it doesn't clock up the miles when you're going up in lifts.
snow report
ecsleath, sounds quite good... I did wonder how it would work with my Tom Tom Smile
latest report
Not long until I go! Hoping for some more snow the next few days.
ski holidays
There seems to have been some snowfall overnight Monday Night/Tuesday Morning. went up to Les Gets area today. Some great runs with fresh powder and deep stuff off to the sides. visibility was very poor - quite often skiing in real pea-soupers. It was v cold which meant the snow stayed nice. weather forecast for the next few days is sunshine.
snow conditions
I'm not jealous at all. I've just finished compiling my video from last week, should be up on Youtube soon.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gutted to be back, reading this is like Purgatory. It looks like those who are out this week will be getting some brilliant conditions although I can't complain about last week (other than the rain). I've put my photos from last week on facebook and there's some in the "In 20 hours..." thread in snowboarding.

Thanks to everyone for reporting the conditions here throughout the season and I hope you get great snow for the rest of it.
latest report
6 days to go! Looks like there is some snow coming?? Anyone out there at the moment that can give me some good news? Desperate for the resort to be covered in snow - my two boys can't wait to build a snowman!
snow report
jo reuben, it's looking good:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Gets/6day/bot

Shedloads of snow and as long as that temp keeps low it'll be seet as a peach Smile

Sunday can't come soon enough...
ski holidays
Just checked the Les Gets webcam (http://www.lesgets.com/fr/webcams/index.html) and the clouds are rolling in. Looking at the Chamonix area forecast (http://www.chamonix.com/page.php?page=11&r=meteo_chamonix&ling=en) it sounds like there could be as much as 80 cm @ around 1,500m by the end of the weekend.

Very nice!
snow conditions
Excellent and I'm hoping for blue skies from Thursday for 7 days!! It can snow at night if it wants........
ski holidays
Better pack extra sun cream. Increasing temperatures looking more and more likely after 28th, which is a b*gger as we arrive on 29th.

I can deal with the temperature (just go higher) but I'm hoping the precipitation wigglies don't foretell rain.
snow conditions
ctskifam, any report from your resort team? Are you going out soon?

Andy PH
ski holidays
andyph, the latest runs are not forecasting a heat wave.
snow report
Here's my video from last week

http://youtube.com/v/auFh-7d2uEY
snow report
Went to Pleney and Les Gets this morning. Very mixed snow conditions on the pistes - some really nice snow high up, but some pistes were rock hard, and others were icy with a covering of caster sugar. They have been successfully using the snow canons on the lower slopes that have not had any real snow. And so the Le Stade run that comes right down into Morzine is holding up well.

Went to Avoriaz this afternoon. The snow conditions were much nicer there - consistently good snow on all of the pistes. The only exception I found was at the bottom of Tetras and Zore on the way back to the Super Morzine bubble, where there are increasing amounts of slush and mud.

Temperatures were very low today - I needed to wear 3 pairs of gloves to keep my poor wee fingers warm.

Visibility was much better today, with sunny and cloudy spells.
ski holidays
tomstickland, great video matey.

Beers and food - puts the fear at bay and keeps the centre of gravity nice and low!! Smile
snow conditions
Nice snowfall this morning in Les Gets, maybe 5 inches outside my door. Minus 3. Should be a good morning. Visibility a bit iffy but will report later on conditions. Out now to catch the fresh powder...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy