Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Completely effing awesome day on Mt Chery. Skied fresh tracks everywhere and even had a 20m face first slide down one of the gullies to the side of Bouqetin. I was in The Zone today regardless of tired legs. Just started to snow again!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman,
Quote:

Lou, sweet - as long as it's there in two weeks I'll be happy. Have got my courage to try some crayzee manoueveres if there's an airbag

I did my first black which felt crayzee at the top but sooooo pleased i've ticked that box (more style required next time tho!)

Sage, were you tempted?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Marmotte did it for me on Sunday Very Happy . There was hardly anyone there, just great..........
Back beginning of April, fingers crossed there will be something there, prob unlikely MC side will be open.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been snowing in Morgins on and off all day. Visibility has been good, there was some blue sky this morning, generally a bit cloudy now. Hopefully it will snow some more tonight.
Lifts from Champoussin up to Les Crosets were closed due to high winds.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lou, No Very Happy but it was fun watching some of the local kids going off the kickers above Avoriaz (without an airbag under them Shocked

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Powder fest up top
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sage, Shocked easier when they're not yours
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will you lot stop!!! I'm sat here counting down the minutes until I go on the 23rd and all you lot can talk about is fresh powder.... It's torture!! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. 3 more sleeps to go. sorry Specialman, but I CAN@T WAIT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sheepmadang, lucky so-and-so!!!
11 and a bit sleeps to go - have to leave Rugby at midnight on the 22nd so think I may be running on fumes the day we get there!!

Just been eyeing up the LG snowpark website - looks like a sweet set-up Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Raining hard at resort level, and quite warm as well so might not be too clever at the top. Could be a wet one methinks...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rained overnight in Morgins. Waiting for telephone call regarding lifts opening here due to high winds. I'm going to drive to anywhere that is open.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yuck! quite a desperate day here today. windy rainy and horrible. however, I am hoping for a drop in temp towards the end of the day so hopefully should get some snow later.

definitely a day to visit the thermal baths...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
probably the worst day for weather I have ever had, i could ring out every bit of clothes i had on. Most of the higher lifts zere closed so riding in pouring rain but at least the pistes were empty
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A useful day despite the weather. It rained and sleeted all morning, leaving the on-piste snow slick and fast but easy to cut up if you heavily loaded the pressure. Had to be disciplined to ski fast, and that failed spectacularly for me on one occasion when the poor visibility meant I took an unintended excursion into piste-side porridge. Without any warning I was ploughing a furrow with my head and pulled muscles in both arms I guess when I instinctively stuck my hands forward. It's going to be painful for the rest of the course, but at least I'll complete unlike one of my colleagues who was evacuated by bloodwagon on Friday and won't ski again this season. Today was one of those days when you were glad you invested in decent waterproof gear; sopping on the outside, bone dry on the inside Smile

It's still raining hard at resort level, but the forecast is for declining temperatures, so fingers crossed...
snow report
I drove round to Pres La Joux today. It rained/sleeted the whole time from 10pm to 1pm. Visibility was variable. I managed a few hours of reasonable skiing before the rain started to turn the snow into a sticky mush. I decided to have a long lunch and after that felt too cold, so only did a few runs before deciding to go back.

Top marks to me for deciding to ski down a steep red from the top in very low visibility and with deep powder. It looked like only one other person had been down it. I managed about 4 turns in total and slid/slod the rest. Was fun anyway.

I'm expecting a better day tomorrow - meeting the guide at 9am.
snow report
Looks like there's a bit of warmness this weekend then some nice coldness with snow early next week.

Please, please, please let the end of next week be a dumpfest of epic proportions!!
snow conditions
Some more bad news from me i'm afraid

*don't read below if you don't like bad news*
Me: "Is the rain as bad as it sounds?"
Friend in Morzine: "Erm..... yes Sad"
snow conditions
ski-finder, Happy Birthday Very Happy

snowHead
snow report
Sage, thank you... 29 years young today!!! snowHead
latest report
Happy birthday ski-finder snowHead
snow report
PhillipStanton, Oi, where are you, The Breton and i are coming over tomorrow, you about?
ski holidays
In London SMALLZOOKEEPER - unfortunately not out next Wednesday. Do you want some directions to stuff you wouldn't otherwise find?
snow report
PhillipStanton, No, were good over there, wondering what the reality of the snow is. Big and Fat, Carving or Rando set up?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER - good question, but I've no idea sorry. We had an awesome time on piste skis last weekend, but conditions will have changed a lot since then.
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Yeah, i can get that there was around 15cm Tuesday, but since then nothing. Web shots look great. We're over tomorrow and Saturday, where is the key to your place? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER - 10-15cm last night as well up top - although where snow/rain limit was is anyone's guess.

The top of Haut Forts looked mighty tempting on Sunday. If only I wasn't a lazy back bottom...

rob@rar will let you in. You just have to find him Wink
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Is he around?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER - he is indeed. He's doing his BASI 3 (ok, BASI Alpine Instructor Level 2) in Les Gets. He's not likely to be around for skiing though as he's got to get back over to Les Arcs either tomorrow night or early Saturday. I'm sure he'll be along soon with a snow report...
snow report
Here I is. Lovely spring day in Les Gets. The snowline looks to have only just reached the top of Mt Chery, so the rain of yesterday looks to have trashed off piste conditions, although we didn't venture of the piste all day so can't day for sure. On piste was excellent until about 3pm whe it got very soft and heavy.

Sorry but I won't be around tomorrow as I'm heading straight to Les Arcs after my course finishes as I have an early flight to London on Saturday.
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, rob@rar, So where do we stay? Toofy Grin
snow report
geetee taunts SMALLZOOKEEPER I know the door code and you can't have it neh neh Razz
snow conditions
Wooohoooooooooooooo. One more sleep to go.

I was feeling sick reading about the rain in Morzine ski-finder (happy birthday btw), and wishing I was staying in Scotland. But I had a look at the Webcams on the Morzine Website, and everything looks much nicer today - plenty snow at the top and some blue skies showing.
ski holidays
sheepmadang, So are me and the Breton staying with you? I'll bring the Broccoli. Puzzled Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER - I'm sure if you contact Hotel Alpen Roc, they'll find a room for you - at their usual rate tho. wink I'll buy you a beer at the bar. Blueberry muffins all round too.
ski holidays
No rain today! Blue skies, light smattering of hale stone/powder on the ground this morning. I've skied all day - went to Avoriaz for lunch, then I parted company with the guided group and went down the Swiss wall, which was fine, Grand Paradis which was slushy, but loads of other good stuff on that side. Snow was generally a bit slushy in the afternoon.
snow report
tomstickland, Is it busy? You ski off the piste? Back side of Avoriaz down to Linderetts? Tell me everything.
latest report
tomstickland, Oi, Oi, come back, tell us more. Fecker. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
off piste conditions are... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
sheepmadang, sorry to bring the bad news... but I thought it was only fair to give a "live" report... sounds much better from today's reports though Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy