Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Swirly, yes getting up at 3 am is relatively easy when we should be able to have planks on by lunchtime. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1.1 sleeps (ish) here.
Quote:
Cloudless blue skies and sunshine, glistening white peaks all around.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's this about? Tulipe run/Ranfolly chair closed, how can this be? My favourite run!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
South facing reds on Mt Chery, Epervier & Chamois, were in good shape with only a handful of skiers this afternoon.
andyph, I'm afraid I've never done Bouquetin, think it's the only LG piste I've not skied. Always looks terrifyingly perpendicular from the chairlift..but I'm sure it's fine at the mo, if a bit icy in the shade.
Mt Blanc had its 'snowhat' cloud on today, which is folklore for snow on the way.
Stopped at the Grande Ours for chocolat chaud as still pretty cold despite the sunshine.
Specialman, Mt Chery is particularly cool for when Les Gets is v busy eg Sundays and peak holiday time, also on really cold, sunny days, as it gets the sun from first thing so the pistes are less icy than elsewhere. And there is a fabulous view of Mt Blanc, Dents du Midi etc to the South, which you catch first as you go up in the bubble. There's also the snowpark with the big airbag which was still in action today.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
another great day sunny all day but still cold and very windy went to champossin this morning but not much cover and lifts very 30 years ago went back to le crosets to let phil ski swiss wall while we had lunch did chatel in pm superb and not too busy - hope for same tommorrow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PhillipStanton wrote:

And what an excellent host you'll have

PhillipStanton, so you'll be pouring me a large gin and tonic (with ice) as I arrive? wink I may be in great need of one by then! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowzebra, you're not wrong, it looks pretty bloody steep standing at the top too! In fact it was only a couple of seasons ago I didn't chicken out and walk back up to the Lievre piste. But you know what they say, it's 90% in the head. Even took my 13 yr old daughter down it last season, although she's been skiing LG since she was 4 so about time really. Good sense of achievement for all concerned, give it a go!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, I'm leaving in 5 minutes. I should be at Chatel by tomorrow afternoon. I haven't been this excited for a long time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm now in Morgins. It did snow last week. I went skiing yesterday on the Morgins slopes (Avoriaz side) and it was in good condition. It's a bit bare on the lower slopes on the other side, but was told by one of the chalet workers that it's excellent up higher (Chatel direction).
It was late opening last night, so I got a few hours in on the Morgins slope back to town.

I'm going out exploring today.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back from Les Gets last night

had a great time, arrived last saturday on the first, sunday was very hot and sunny
slopes were slushy and i got very wet in general

monday night temps dropped, rain was falling hard in the village at 7:30 ish, and then by 9 it had turned to snow

snow fell through the night and when we woke at 7am tuesday we had a nice few inches down to resort level, was the first on melezes in the morning as we were staying up in la turche, (had a chalet in a great position, right at the bottom of verosses run, amazing, lovely soft powder down to the 6 man chairlift

snow was just perfect and slopes nice and quiet!

little bits of snow for the rest of the week, none on thurs or friday, just nice clear days at the right temperatures

snow machines were on from tuesday until I left yesterday, working really hard, snow machines on throughout the day and the evenings, must have been on over 12 hours most days so they are working hard to keep things good!!

wanted to do the ski mobiles but it was 80 euro for an hour and they didnt sort your transport to avoriaz so we had to leave it

lovely area though, great slopes and lift set up, 8 boarders, we loved it. french were a bit pushy for no reasons on the lifts at times but ques were usually very small wherever we went

loved the les gets bowl, spent alot of time there and going up la rosta lift, and found some nice off piste areas where it was soo soft, and also have some great pics from a couple of small jumps

all for now!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just to report back from a nice days skiing with PhillipStanton and rob@rar. Started off in Plaine Dranse and headed over towards Linga. The pistes first thing before anyone had started skiing them were just grin-worthy heaven. It there had been any flies around, I'd have been picking them out of my teeth!

Then over to Linderets and Avoriaz to ski the Crozats bowl. Great fun to be had there. Finally after a superb burger in a restaurant who's name I've forgotton, it was over to the Fornet area of Avoriaz to ski the itiniary runs. A good mix of bumps, soft off piste snow, bit of skiable crud and the occasional bit of ice to keep you on your toes.

All in all the snow in all of these areas was fantastic, the pistes are fast in the morning and getting a bit chopped up in the afternoon, and the off piste is fun.

And it should be snowing tonight so it is all looking good!

Time to rest my weary legs, a tired but happy snowHead ...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I' ve spent today skiing in the super Chatel/Torgons area. I've done almost every piste and lift in the area. The high stuff was in good shape this morning. The slopes at Super Chatel are good - it was possible to ski down to the last but one lift, with too much grass and mud showing beneath that.
By late afternoon there were some slushy patches and there's also mud showing through on a few slopes.
Plenty of skiing to be done though.

I'm going in Avoriaz direction tomorrow.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi tomstickland, glad to see that Super Chatel/Torgon is holding up well. I went over there last Tuesday to see how things were and I had some great skiing!

And breaking news, it seems to have started snowing at La Chapelle, and it's heading our way! When I see atcual snow falling outside my window, I'll let you all know.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know how Praz de Lys is looking? Anyone (and I'm thinking of jaded LG residents) know what the skiing's like in general?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andyph, I think it is still pretty good, but that is about third hand info. I haven't skied there this season. It does tend to hold its snow well though...
ski holidays
Light snow falling in Morgins.
latest report
Looks like there might have been a little light rain over night in the village at Morzine and a dusting up the mountain. Blanket of cloud and mist sitting over the resort and local radio predicting bad weather this afternoon, whatever that means
snow report
Light snow has finished falling, sun shining here in Morgins.
latest report
not huge amounts of snow to report overnight (a dusting rather than any real measurable amount) but good skiing to be had this morning. The clouds are gathering so hoping for something (of the frozen variety) to start falling soon...
ski holidays
Picking with rain at the bottom of the prodans cable car in Avoriaz
latest report
High winds on the top this afternoon, light snow was falling as I skied down the Morgins run at 5pm this evening. Clouds were gathering.
ski holidays
Snowmonkey wrote:
Just to report back from a nice days skiing with PhillipStanton and rob@rar. Started off in Plaine Dranse and headed over towards Linga. The pistes first thing before anyone had started skiing them were just grin-worthy heaven. It there had been any flies around, I'd have been picking them out of my teeth!

A great day was had by all, lthough it didn't quite fit my plan of a quiet day off in the middle of my course! It was good to meet you Smile
snow conditions
rob@rar, how were the legs today?
latest report
Stiff this morning and very tired this evening Embarassed Still have another four days of skiing - hope I can last the week! Belting down with rain at resort level in Morzine, but snowing on the upper slopes so I think we'll be forced to ski more variable snow tomorrow rather than practice our Central Theme demos Smile
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Stiff this morning

Ah, sorry about that. Always nice to go for a pootle on a Sunday Wink

Snowmonkey - I never knew a sock puppet could ski so well! Cool
ski holidays
snowzebra wrote:
Bouquetin, think it's the only LG piste I've not skied.

It takes my vote as one of the hardest runs in the PDS. The real killer is the bottom third, which is as steep as the top, but about a fifth of the width.

It's reckon it's harder to ski fluidly than the Swiss Wall - although the exposure is nowhere near as great.

The Torgon Wall has my nomination for the all out hardest run in the PDS. It's the combination of steepness, camber, the tree in the middle of the top section (which has an associated gravitational field) and the small cliffs...
snow conditions
geetee wrote:
PhillipStanton, so you'll be pouring me a large gin and tonic (with ice) as I arrive?

Slimline or full fat? (Though I'm sure I already know the answer to that NehNeh ).

Ice availability subject to weather conditions on the balcony.

We are, after all, simple people with simple accommodation Wink
latest report
Snowing here at last! And quite hard too...

PhillipStanton, is the Torgon wall the one down from the Panoramic restaurant under the chairlift? I should know the answer to that given that its practically in my backgarden!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Indeed it is Snowmonkey.

I particularly "like" the way that the run cuts almost 45 degrees across the falline - so if you ski the bumps in the falline then you run out of piste - and if you ski the run then you have to ski the bumps "diagonally".

Meanwhile that tree looms ever closer...
ski holidays
Oh, and that's one heck of a big back garden!
latest report
It's been snowing all night in Morgins and is still snowing now. Forecast says snow falling for the rest of the day too.
ski holidays
Looks like it's been having a good go down at village level in Les gets: http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-ch-portesdusoleil&detail=lesgets&big=67

Is this the base of the Mt. Chery lifts that have been unskiable?
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, I reckon your right and the Torgon Wall is fast becoming my favourite all time run, at least only in my imagination. The funniest bit was a bunch of (I hate to admit) Brits who were bàlls to the wall in the restaurant at the top and then screaming meamies as they entered the run only to find there was no easy way out. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Looking good! - got a text from my friends staying in Morzine saying it was snowing at 8AM this morning

sleazyjet out of Liverpool 6:00 tonight and I'll be on the slopes this time tomorrow Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
Specialman wrote:

Is this the base of the Mt. Chery lifts that have been unskiable?

It looks like it. I'm just back from Morzine today - The bottom of Mt Cherry was green a few days ago.

snowHead
ski holidays
Specialman - it is indeed.

David Murdoch - one of the group we did it with couldn't even stand the traverse in Wink
latest report
Back last night after great few days in LG Madeye-Smiley Mont Chery excellent as ever up top and down other side, and because looked green up to Belvedere even less people went up Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
Runs down to Turche & Perrieres were getting ropey but hopefully sorted out by now with snow.
Specialman, did notice that the inflatable was still there at bottom of snow park on Mont Chery.
snow report
Message from my non-snowHead friend currently in Mozrine/PDS:

Quote:
We've had an awesome dump. Best conditions i've ever snowboarded in!

Thought I would share that with you Smile
snow report
They have a big inflatable bag at the Avoriaz Park as well - its on the left had side of this picture that I took last sunday.

snowHead
latest report
Lou, sweet - as long as it's there in two weeks I'll be happy. Have got my courage to try some crayzee manoueveres if there's an airbag Smile

PhillipStanton, it's amazing how quickly the snow takes on these grassy slopes. Can't wait...

12 sleeps to go...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy