Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
SP1R1T wrote:
Sage, The snowpark on Mt Chery is def worth a try,...

Shocked Shocked
Maybe 20 years ago wink

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
5 sleeps to go now, looks like we've timed it right again snowHead Who else is out next week?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The alpine chuffs are flocking and circling....that is usually a good sign of impending snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swirly , you sound just like my lad , that is what he said this morning ' five sleeps to go' he gets more excited about skiing than xmas , and we ski most weekends in scotland. Not going to any of the resorts on this thread , of to Val D'Isere , but think we may all benefit from the forecast cold spell .

Hope you have a great time
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Sage, The snowpark on Mt Chery is def worth a try, really good fun for most abilities

There is also a giant inflatable at the bottom of the park which you can ski/jump onto, looks great fun but beyond me rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lou, is that thre all season? Sound like a right laff. Seen the airbags at Tamworth but never had a go
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was there early Jan, will report back on that next week too. Watching them ski onto it was entertaining Laughing , great for practising jumps I would think but did wonder how many times it gets punctured!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing at the top of the chavennes, raining in the village at the mo.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, there was a Big Air Bag at Avoriaz last week at the snow park there. Did look like a right laff. Not sure about Mt Chery though
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
MrDan wrote:
Specialman, there was a Big Air Bag at Avoriaz last week at the snow park there. Did look like a right laff. Not sure about Mt Chery though
MrDan, Specialman, there was a Big Air Bag at Avoriaz last week

Nope ..... that was my friends wife! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jayc, Bring it on Very Happy 3 days, 4 sleeps
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar is reporting heavy rain at resort level. So should be snow higher up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Swirly, I'm out next week! So looking forwards to it now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am out in a week staying on the Swiss Side how is that holding up?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Neige, neige, neige Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Snow down to village level in saint jean this am.
snow report
About 10-15 cms on my steps this morning. I'll report back from the pistes later on this afternoon. Nice to see the village looking white again...
snow conditions
To quote rob@rar (who is in Morzine doing his BASI course this week and next...)

Snow, snow, snow, snow
Snow, snow, snow, snow

(Aparently to the Monty Python spam song...)
ski holidays
Looking good on the web cams. Nice to see the villages white again Very Happy

I'll be in Morzine on Wednesday night.

snowHead
ski holidays
Les Get looking rather beautiful on the webcams this morning Smile

Screenshot taken: 4th March 08, 9:55am local time
latest report
Back in Les Gets after a few days away. Up bright and early today so was able to be on the lifts at 9am (it had just stopped snowing so very lovely going up between the trees) and was lucky to be the first skier on the unpisted Tulipe left hand side run, after I had overtaken a skischool class. Back home in sunshine having done three delightful powder runs - the red under Rosta, Tulipe and Sautenailles. Still quite crispy and icy under the 5-6 inches of powder so more snow later today would be welcome. Plenty of cloud still, and some flakes blowing around.
snow report
snowzebra, do you think it'll be cool for the weekend of the 23rd onwards? Going to book the hol nonetheless but just want to prepare myself for if I will be able to do some long rus into Les Gets on day one.
latest report
Great couple of hours skiing around Super Chatel, Torgon & La Chapelle. Very quiet, good conditions on piste and a couple of nice powder descents. There hasn't been quite enough snow to re-open all the off piste, but we'll see what this evening brings...
snow report
So jealous.

SO JEALOUS.

I told you, i'm the kiss of death for powder....
snow report
great day today about 3-4 inch today on most slopes skied to linga superb all the way down did that 3 times most powder gone by 4pm but still lots better brilliant final run to ardent gondola
snow report
Snowing again pretty heavily Very Happy
snow report
Excellent news. 4 days to go until I can do some skiing.
ski holidays
either everyone is asleep or skiing? what is happening out there, weather wise? Out on Saturday
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry chaps, overdue update.....IT IS GREAT! Well, in places anyway. There hasn't been a massive amount of snow but it is blowing around all over the place. So some slope aspects are covered in scratchy ice, and some slope aspect in knee deep powder. It certianly is nice to see fresh snow again, and if the precipitation forecast for early next week arrives at the right temperature, that should set us up for a perfect March/April (although it isn't far off already).

Oh, and the pistes are generally good as well although didn't spend much time on them...
ski holidays
Great news - have just booked a trip to Les Gets starting 23rd March, so looking forward to it. Let is snow like the clappers in the meantime!! Smile
latest report
The correct weather is for it to dump from now until Saturday night and then blue skies for a week.

Anyway, sounds good, I'll take whatever comes (I'm like that).
ski holidays
Specialman, I hope conditions will be great for your holiday. It appears that more snow may be on the way next week, which would be excellent for all of us..but who knows? I will update as and when it snows here.

Last night we had another inch or so, but strong (and icy) winds today blew it around. I went out late afternoon and found Ranfolly lift closed due to high winds, and the bumps at the top of Tulipe had been blasted to transparent ice mounds..However, I find conditions can change v quickly as soon as temperatures change a bit - a piste that is tricky one day can be very skiable the next. Yeti was a great ski: nice stretches of still fluffy powder, well sheltered from the wind. Snowflakes whirled around some of the day, with sunshine and cloud alternating as the wind blew; at sunset it was a fairly clear sky with the odd cloud. Now minus 6 in the village so another cold night ahead.

Out of interest, I think this is the first time this season that we have suffered from really high winds here - I am struck by how comparatively warm it feels, even when temps are v low, compared to wet and windy UK winters. I think it's the still dry air, combined of course with the amazing amount of sun - according to a local, there are normally over 300 days of sunshine per year (no idea if this is fact but does seem to be believable).
snow report
It's not scientifcally proven, but it's a fact*.

*Brasseye.
ski holidays
Minus 14 this morning first thing, now minus 9. Cloudless blue skies and sunshine, glistening white peaks all around. Beautiful day. Will try Mt Chery later on when hopefully sun will have warmed it up. Winds have died, trees still have dusting of snow.
latest report
snowzebra wrote:
Cloudless blue skies and sunshine, glistening white peaks all around. Beautiful day. Will try Mt Chery later on when hopefully sun will have warmed it up.

You're a lucky, lucky b.... man! The web cams today bring tears to my eyes, almost warranted an update to my PC desktop but I'm waiting to see if next week's forecast delivers.

If you get over to Chery, let us know how Bouquetin is holding up. 23 sleeps to go...
ski holidays
17 for me.... can't wait. Really looking forward to the Mt. Chery from what everyone's saying
snow report
13 sleeps for me Very Happy and my first time to Morzine.
snow report
1/2 a sleep for me (v early start tomorrow) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
1 and a bit: airport at silly o'clock on Saturday means I should get on the slopes though snowHead
snow conditions
geetee wrote:
13 sleeps for me Very Happy and my first time to Morzine.

And what an excellent host you'll have Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy