Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 15/16 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@Coco, your question is answered near the top of this page, I believe. A few different posts address it and I think the answer was freezing rain but go have a look and see what the knowledgeable ones had to say.

Edit: page 33, not this page (obviously wink )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lauka wrote:
@Coco, your question is answered near the top of this page, I believe. A few different posts address it and I think the answer was freezing rain but go have a look and see what the knowledgeable ones had to say.

Edit: page 33, not this page (obviously wink )

Of course if you get serious unsettled weather then that will tend to mean low pressure which will tend to mean no inversion.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2006/7 ... was an el nino year i think

does seem similar ... don't remember the uk being so brutally wet.

pretty sure most resorts had less snow at this stage though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nozawaonsen, perfect sense, thanks for explaining
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take what you want from this 9 day accumulated snowfall forecast. Alot can change.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nozawaonsen wrote:
@Whitegold, not quite sure what you mean by the calculator line?

I've put up some supporting evidence from a perfectly reputable source, but it could be wrong and as ever there are lots of ways you can count these things.

Have you got anything that says otherwise? As I said if you do then why not share it?

Regardless of what the total was it was how it fell that caused the problem. All early in the season and then very mild. And the closed very early.

But yes Mount Baker normally gets lots of snow. Happens to be a bit awkward for me to get there mind you.

Personally don't give a flying pig for how much snow they have in Mt Baker
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
About 5cm of snow overnight across the Northern French Alps... above 1900-2300 meters (N to S). Doesn't seem to have done too much harm to the snow lower down where there is any. This is the bottom of the 7 laux ski area this morning. the Belledonne range got rain to a high altitude.

- webcam link.

2010/2011 was another shocker of a season.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ooooh! Very Happy snowHead

http://www.bergfex.com/obergurgl-hochgurgl/webcams/c9206/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just received this in an email this morning:
Quote:
Big Snows Arrive
The Alps have been deluged by snow, giving the season a hugely-better start than last year. France in particular has had huge dumps. We’ll be updating weekly throughout the winter so keep logging on.

That's interesting, I thought, I didn't see anything on the forecast thread about that.

Lies and filth.

Is a slight dusting "hugely better" that the "none at all" conditions last year? Not sure where the aforementioned deluge is?! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet, Who was that from please?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is certainly better than last year right now though it could be a lot worse by the end of the year. Surely nobody believes that sort of rubbish? Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27 wrote:
@Scarlet, Who was that from please?

NAME AND SHAME
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toenail deep powder in Val D'I today. Not sure that quite qualifies as a "huge dump".
Remember 20 years ago this year. Only the Tignes glacier was open in the EK at this time. This is not unprecedented by any means.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How much has snowmaking capability changed in that time though?

Just playing devil's advocate as from what i recall there is a lot at Tignes below the glacier which doesn't have cannons (and that they are little help when it's too warm)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I smell a change in the air
snow conditions
@Rob Mackley, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
nozawaonsen wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
^ Using the same source. Just add up the Nov 2014 to May 2015 season.

Fair enough, but like I say the problem wasn't the overall snowfall, but the distribution during the season (all at one point) and the warm weather in the second half.

Either way fair to say Mount Baker normally gets a lot of snow. But still isn't any closer to where I live.

It's just up the road from me, but sadly never skied there! All of the PNW, BC Canada, Utah, Colorado are set to get nuked by that jet stream up and into Christmas. I guess Santa felt bad about not giving us any snow last year, and made a deal with the Heat Miser to stay away.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=sew&textField1=48.80&textField2=-121.63&zone=1#.VnGlukorIdU
snow report
When is it going to snow in the alps?

(Is there an echo?). Very Happy
snow conditions
Well, a little colder and the chance of some snow for Xmas week on the 12z op, at least for the Arlberg.

Maybe.

ski holidays
Spoooon. It will be fine. Chill our .
snow report
Out
snow report
Soon
snow report
iPhones !!!
snow conditions
That green line does not look great.
snow conditions
Wondering how Phil's posting will work out later tonight.

Him and that grumpy sod on the other thread should be good entertainment Very Happy
snow report
Miloser?
ski holidays
I have forgotten the (/)() sequence, so spell checker will stop the abide. But he dies seem a total cock.
snow report
And he is on lonkkened in. Hag aha. Lattes . Xx
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Filthyphil30k wrote:
Lattes . Xx

Yes - I'd suggest about dozen of them followed by a lie down Smile

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 16-12-15 20:51; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Linked in. Obviously.
snow conditions
LOL

That reminds me, must avoid the booze at this Fridays works do!
ski holidays
Quote:

Is a slight dusting "hugely better" that the "none at all" conditions last year?

"Big dumps" is clearly utter pish, but anyone heading to the Tarentaise at least should be in no doubt that conditions are, at least, "hugely better" than last year. Make no mistake about that. It's not great right now by any means, but "not great" is "hugely better" than "catastrophic".

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 16-12-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Evertime I log in ... I'm hoping to see the wonderful wizard of Noz saying ECM is showing something ... or lets see if GFS holds that for a couple of runs ....

... but nothing ... meh!

Come on the 17th December ... you did it last year
snow report
Piemonster wrote:
LOL

That reminds me, must avoid the booze at this Fridays works do!

Quite. Feel better now.

Milliom still seems annoying.
snow conditions
@Filthyphil30k, milliom !! Yup !!!
snow report
@Filthyphil30k, milliom !! Yup !!!
snow report
There were a few dustings last December too, not "nothing at all". They just didn't make any lasting and significant difference, just like now, and there was less base because November snow came earlier than this year and mostly was gone by December. If we go without significant snow for 7 weeks again, then the next snow fall will be not before New Year by which time more base will be gone. It's just too warm and it doesn't look like this is going to change at least for the next 10 days.
snow report
Unfortunately 1st half of January skiers will be starting to sweat soon. This current situation with jet stream stuck around British Isles seems v stable or stuck. Seems different to previous periods of prolonged early Winter high pressure over Alps when weather was v settled here also. Let's hope it breaks soon
snow conditions
I am going on the 4th Feb, not in the least worried yet. The first half of Jan is still 3-4 weeks out, nearly a full month. Plenty of time for it to change. really can't see the stream being stuck for a whole month.
latest report
i went skiing on 29 December and the conditions at this point were far worse. I was saved by the huge dump on 27 December. I'm going on 2 January this year so I've got an extra 4 days cushion. Fingers crossed. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy