Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 5-03-15 12:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And still it's coming down......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup, storm showing no sign of abating at 6:20pm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jealous! Us folks in the US PNW can only live through the vicarious reporting of Snowheads from afar. Off to Bachelor in Bend, Oregon where hoping the forecasted 30 cms the next 48 hrs materializes. 20cm reported already, so off to a good start.

Stay safe out there folks. Check those avy reports before venturing too far off-piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Toadman, enjoy it!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Today looks like it's going to be great in SA.

Thanks for the Roland tip, he took some volume out of the liners and stretched the shells a touch, still tight but cramp has seriously reduced so going to try bedding them in a bit more.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saturday, Blue Sky, Fresh POW & No Crowds Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1! Great day.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mt, he was that good we called in this evening to get my wife's boots looked out, walked out with a new pair of Dynafits! Great day skiing, nice snow and super quiet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
5 powder days in last 5 days, and 2 were those perfect, bluebird, deep Arlberg powder days. Top to bottom laps on the Albona in knee deep snow is hard to beat. Today was deep in Zurs. So many face shots. So many fresh lines. Quite epic. Conditions are rather fine.

Here until Tuesday and looks like we might get quite a bit more Wink Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Classic Aussie ski day, except I am in the Arlberg. Snow, sleet, spitballs, and (dare I say it)... rain. At the end of the day, the upper mountain was holding well, but it was goop below the Gampen.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Classic Aussie ski day, except I am in the Arlberg. Snow, sleet, spitballs, and (dare I say it)... rain. At the end of the day, the upper mountain was holding well, but it was goop below the Gampen.

Weirdly true. We hit the front side groomers in St Anton early as the vis was good there, and had great fun ripping between the new arrivals. Only turned 'Aussie' in the afternoon, so we headed back to Zurs and Lech where it was good high. Was raining in Lech lightly about 4pm, and still warm out there now.

2 more days ... as long as it doesn't get seriously 'Aussie' there is fun to be had Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not to put a too fine a point on it... It is raining. Not sleet. Not drizzle. Rain! Water running down the street. Walked out the door and did a u-turn.

Maybe the temps will drop and we will have another go later tioday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...just as well we did not bother going out. Just about the whole upper mountain closed here and in Lech/Zurs.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sad
snow report
Over in Warth schrocken, high connecting lifts closed due to avi risk and very high wind. Sleeting at village level, but snow at about 1800m. Oh a,d visibility is sh*t.
ski holidays
Most lifts closed today above Gampen. Very high winds, rain in town early which turned to snow about 14.00. Snow really heavy and due to snow all night! Toofy Grin Spend last 2 hours on Rendl, snow awesome but couldn't see anything offpiste so stayed on pistes. (Which were like skiing offpiste anyway).....,sun and pow day tomorrow, it's going to be a big one!!
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
Most lifts closed today above Gampen. Very high winds, rain in town early which turned to snow about 14.00. Snow really heavy and due to snow all night! Toofy Grin Spend last 2 hours on Rendl, snow awesome but couldn't see anything offpiste so stayed on pistes. (Which were like skiing offpiste anyway).....,sun and pow day tomorrow, it's going to be a big one!!

Sounds like it will be epic, just watch for the wind slab! I'm packing the 108's for next week, no need to bother with skinny skis I think:-)
snow report
@sah, good shout. I'm skiing my WD carbon Ragnaroks 118's everywhere, bashing everything in sight, my wife on her 108 carbon Rangers....can't understand how some of the big guys are getting on with the 70mm (skinny anyway) slalom skis, so sort too! Just Zardoz-ing for tomorrow!! Toofy Grin

All the big skis were out today!
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@sah, good shout. I'm skiing my WD carbon Ragnaroks 118's everywhere, bashing everything in sight, my wife on her 108 carbon Rangers....can't understand how some of the big guys are getting on with the 70mm (skinny anyway) slalom skis, so sort too! Just Zardoz-ing for tomorrow!! Toofy Grin

All the big skis were out today!

70mm !!! Skinny = 98mm in my book Happy

Just looking at Bergfex, I'd make the most of Tues and Weds because much stronger winds are forecast for later in the week, could be very nasty.
snow report
@sah, yep sub 100 skinny wink
ski holidays
ulmerhutte wrote:
...just as well we did not bother going out. Just about the whole upper mountain closed here and in Lech/Zurs.

We skied from 9-3pm in Lech. It was damp low down early, so we lapped Petersboden. There was a lot of heavy snow up there, but it was fun as viz was in and out but not terrible. I was going to quit about 1pm but suddenly the damp stuff in lech turned to a snow deluge, and it was falling as good wind blown pow higher. Everyone pretty much left too, leaving some really fun turns on powdery pistes. A storm riders day for sure but t'was fun. And it deluged from 3 until about 5pm. Incredible storm.

Now if it'll stop snowing, the bombs can fly and tomorrow could be seriously deep. I'll be at a lift in Lech at 8,30am Wink
snow conditions
This morning in Ishgl was utterly brilliant. Tonnes of fresh, no one here, fresh tracks everywhere. So few people ski off piste here compared to France or even St Anton (or at least lift served, anyway): weekenders had gone home, and few English about, just Austrians on race carvers. I was the only person I saw on fat skis today: in fact had lots of people ask me about them as if they were alien spaceships attached to my feet!

Lady F had to do conference calls, so I was on my own. Spent a lot of time off piste with snowboarders and this very cool older (67) German dude I met on a lift who struggled on his 68mm things, but was a fabulous skier. Learned quite a bit from him.

This afternoon, winds became mental, so called it a day at 14:30.

Snow has sadly stopped now (7pm) but if it puts a bit more in over night, clears up and gets sunny tomorrow, it could well be a very special day...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 2-03-15 22:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I would like to thank to stupid fecking lady's front bottom that took me out on Rendl today. My back is black and I can barely walk. Even a few biers in griabli this evening could not dull the pain. Looks like the only decent day of my short break will be crap tomorrow as I leave Wednesday.
ski holidays
boabski wrote:
I would like to thank to stupid fecking lady's front bottom that took me out on Rendl today. My back is black and I can barely walk. Even a few biers in griabli this evening could not dull the pain. Looks like the only decent day of my short break will be crap tomorrow as I leave Wednesday.

I don't know what's going on this season. Getting taken out was not something that I worried about in the past, I think it's happened to me once in 20 years, but I got taken out badly in January - unhurt but goodness knows how as it was a high speed tackle from behind. A friend got taken out the same day (bruised ribs), several people are commenting on SH about collisions. What's going on?

Anyway, you have my sympathies, I hope you're OK.
snow conditions
Harry Flashman wrote:
This morning in Ishgl was utterly brilliant. Tonnes of fresh, no one here, fresh tracks everywhere. So few people ski off piste here compared to France or even St Anton (or at least lift served, anyway): weekenders had gone home, and few English about, just Austrians on race carvers. I was the only person I saw on fat skis today: in fact had lots of people ask me about them as if they were alien spaceships attached to my feet!

Cool

Yup, Ischgl is great!
ski holidays
Looking good, arrive tomorrow night for a few days! Very Happy
latest report
sah wrote:
boabski wrote:

I don't know what's going on this season. Getting taken out was not something that I worried about in the past, I think it's happened to me once in 20 years, but I got taken out badly in January - unhurt but goodness knows how as it was a high speed tackle from behind. A friend got taken out the same day (bruised ribs), several people are commenting on SH about collisions. What's going on?

Anyway, you have my sympathies, I hope you're OK.

I was right next to a skier off the Steinmaeder chair that was taken out in January. Massive, high speed collision. No idea how the guy who plowed into the staionary skier didn't see him. Maybe he was checking out some hot ski bunny in tight ski pants, and wasn't paying attention. But my wife has that affect on other skiers. wink

boabski There's defintely more potent pain meds than Austrian beer. And I'm not talking about schnapps. Hope you can get on the two planks and enjoy your last day in the Arlberg.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers folks. Off to zurs today to ski to zug etc. hope the sun comes out at last. Will post the bruise picture when back home - it's a classic Toofy Grin
latest report
Sitting in Balmalp, beautiful day fantastic snow, cold bier, I'm in heaven��
ski holidays
Sitting in Balmalp, beautiful day fantastic snow, cold bier, I'm in heaven��
ski holidays
Quote:

beautiful day fantastic snow, cold bier

Huh? If snow is good why are you sitting in a restaurant drinking beer? Happy
snow report
Knackered!!!
needed rehydrating.
snow conditions
Bob wrote:
Knackered!!!
needed rehydrating.

Ah, fair enough. Very Happy
snow report
@Bob, beer doesn't rehydrate!!
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@Bob, beer doesn't rehydrate!!

Yes it does! It was in the Mail so it must be true: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491236/A-pint-beer-better-workout-water-say-scientists.html
snow report
Folks.

Lets not talk Ischgl here. Unless you ski toured over
From Rendl

That place is got ruined when they installed new lifts & pisted over all the offpiste . It only for pussys nowadays!

Re Rain.

Yes it is March & it does rain quite often!
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Folks.

Lets not talk Ischgl here. Unless you ski toured over
From Rendl

That place is got ruined when they installed new lifts & pisted over all the offpiste . It only for pussys nowadays!

Re Rain.

Yes it is March & it does rain quite often!

Perhaps, for you gnarly old mountain dudes, and I'm sure it was all better in your day Wink

I spent the day in endless powder and sunshine. My first time here, borrowed transceiver and Avi kit, hooked up with a guide and a bunch of Swedes, and had a fabulous day.

I am now broken though.
ski holidays
27 year old female Australian snowboarder dies in Hinter Rendl avalanche. Crying or Very sad Ride in peace.

http://tirol.orf.at/news/stories/2697704/
snow conditions
Avalanche Hinteren Rendl Tuesday lunchtime.. Group of 4 Australians buried

1 Person deceased, 1 seriously injured in Innsbruck. 2 are ok.

Sadly not the first HinterRendl has claimed many over the years..

https://www.tt.com/panorama/unfall/9713164-91/ein-toter-nach-lawinenabgang-am-arlberg.csp
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy