Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
@ulmerhutte, why...you are in Austria?'
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy I just recall being in Interlaken and asking, in our best broken German", whether the hotel receptionist spoke English. Her response? "Of course, this is Interlaken!" Everybody knows that only native German speakers go to St Anton.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any decent music at Underground on the piste this season? Given that the griabli doesn't have the snow tones this season we need to find some decent piste side après. Arrive Samstag Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They speak German in Austria?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Obviously yes...even if sometimes you think its another language
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another 7-8cm overnight in town at Warth, clear too, a great day in prospect!

@boabski, not seen (or heard) any, DJ Rino at Basecamp does some good stuff but it's not a band as such. Gunnar is at Murrmelbar in town. Griabli has music Monday and Weds (or maybe Thursday) but it's not Snowtones. Have a great trip, will be about next week too, good dump due early in the week locals say.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ulmerhutte, a few words go a long way with the locals, eg Bitte, Danke, Gerne etc.......I heard an English southerner bloke yesterday asking for a glass of water (Leitungswasser) in English and when it was served he said to the bar person "your an absolute diamond", she looked at him like he was a real plonker!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@boabski, Heustadl has a live band from 3pm daily (also serve great hot chocolate, mit Rum if necessary). Not piste side but if you are in Nasserein area Black Leather Blues at the Keller Bar under Nassereinhof Hotel are worth a visit. Classic rock and blues covers in a friendly bar from 4-7pm, singer Renata has a fantastic voice and the band are a very talented bunch.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

mit Rum if necessary

Are you saying there is a time when it is not necessary? Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Markymark29, I'll have to quiz you on tips for Warth, are the off piste routes you found quite obvious? We're going to be in Stuben, but have a car so planning a couple of trips to Warth via Lech.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can anyone recommend a boot guru in St anton? Breaking in a pair of sure foots and it's bloody agony. I also never usually have a problem with cold feet, but after a few minutes skiing my feet feel numb and not sure if it's cold or lack of blood.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jennewein sports sorted me out. Young guy in the workshop back left of the shop, name escapes me.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks @Dr John, I'll give them a visit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boabski, the usual music crew were in the Underground over new Year. The tall rasta guy (don't know his name), Barry, a brit and the kiwi who rolls in after his shift as a ski instructor. Sometimes they play together but also as a duo and sometimes solo. One of the bar staff can sing very well so, sometimes she was roped in for a couple of songs.

I'll be there next week from Tuesday evening and leaving on Sunday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Kelskii, That is Rasta Leon (New Yorker lives in Germany) , Barry (lives in Denmark) & Floss (Kiwi lives In St Anton & probably the hardest working person in St Anton).

All three have been playing the UG (New & old one) for at least 20yrs ! They have had many other musicians over the years but these three are the glue..

There all on FB if you want to know more.
snow report
Thanks, @stanton, will look on FB. Didn't realise they'd been playing there that long.
snow report
@Mt, +1 for Jennewein, ask for Roland

@stanton, saw the Rasta guy 3 weeks ago.....followed him down the fussgangerzone and said boom, boom, boom.....his trademark....he turned round and high-5'd in the street....great guy and very funny set.

@sah, no worries, right now it's everywhere....snowing heavy and hasn't stopped for 3 days.....Salober area stacked with opportunity....also down to Schroeken early today epic, tree runs awesome, knee deep pow!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:
@ulmerhutte, a few words go a long way with the locals, eg Bitte, Danke, Gerne etc.......!

No argument. I have quite a large German vocabulary and use it when I can. I however am not a German speaker by any means. As such, I usually finish up asking for things in broken German and English. Evidently that is not satisfactory in SPAR.

Enough bitching. Today was one out of the box. Possibly one of first down Madloch to Zug. Maybe 5cm of new on groomers. Ego snow. That was followed by playing in the side-piste / off-piste around Lech. Light, dry snow. Up to knee-deep in places. Magic.

More snow in the forecast.
latest report
20cm due tonight according to Warth hotel folks (albeit skies are clearing so not convinced) but was snowing until 17.00 so tomorrow looking good. Sun forecast.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, how is Warth as a base - is there much going on, any nice bars for aprés?
snow conditions
@sah, will FB you wink
latest report
Wonderful snow everywhere today in Lech and Warth - on piste, beside piste and on the ski routes. The proper off piste folk looked like they were having a good time too. Back to Zurs tomorrow and the forecast on Bergfex is sunshine all day. It don't get much better than this.
latest report
Hope it doesn't melt before I get out there next week!
snow conditions
Thanks everyone. Might head down nasserein to see that band. Staying hotel kristall above bobos so pretty central fur alles
latest report
Kelskii wrote:

Not much chance of that. -12C at the moment.

More snow forecast for tomorrow. Sunny this morning.
snow report
Kelskii wrote:

Forecast is looking good ....

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
latest report
Folks.

Weather is going to change. Tomorrow ( Friday) we will
get a light dustin probably later in the afternoon/evening.

Weekend will be Clear however next week we will see multiple daily Snow Fronts rolling in .

Could be quite significant Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:
Folks.

Weather is going to change. Tomorrow ( Friday) we will
get a light dustin probably later in the afternoon/evening.

Weekend will be Clear however next week we will see multiple daily Snow Fronts rolling in .

Could be quite significant Very Happy Very Happy

Hmm. Better pack to fat skis then, leave to 98mm piste skis at home Happy Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/3ioZwt2j4tQ
ski holidays
@DB, cheers, looks like snow throughout the time I'm there. Any plans for Easter? Going to Obergurgl...again. Have you heard from Mick and Steve?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
http://youtube.com/v/3ioZwt2j4tQ

Any idea what date that was shot? From this week? Looks nice.
latest report
Today was first 100% blue sky day this week in Lech/Zurs. Made for extra beautiful scenery but where did all the people come from? There ain't much to do in Lech except ski, so I'm genuinely baffled by the increase. Queues were fairly long for all the White Ring uplift, I suspect a lot of folk were saving that up for the sunny day. Pistes getting a bit scrapey in places and bumpy elsewhere. Some stones appearing on the ski route down to Zug and the easily accessible off-piste is looking tracked out.

That all sounds a bit negative, but there is still tons of snow and it's great fun!
snow report
Today was awesome in Warth, bluebird, -10c and powder everywhere, best of conditions, can't stop laughing. Snowing tomorrow. Saturday round to St Anton, hope the snow is as good, this week has been epic!! Very Happy
snow report
Snowing heavily in Warth this morning, forecast all day and windy later, sunny tomorrow.....no bad thing we've got to get out! Lech today for us I think to see if weather any better.....
snow report
Also snowing reasonably heavily in StA. Started around 8am. Maybe 2-3cm on the ground.
ski holidays
Savage cold snowy and windy, snow awesome, 10cm so far but can't see anything!!
snow report
...but it is keeping the crowds away. Upper slopes in StA are very quiet. Not unexpected.

Dropped into the Galzig for an early lunch and found the crowds. Not unexpected!

Hard to tell how much has fallen already. The tracked pidtes might have around 10cm new on them. Drifts on Bachseite seem much deeper.
ski holidays
driving to san anton from munich airport tomorrow morning. any recommendations about route? Via garmisch is the shortest but apparently tricky road is it? We have snow tyres but not snow chains on our estate rental car... any help? not really looking forward to driving on the other side of the road!
latest report
jicjoc wrote:
driving to san anton from munich airport tomorrow morning. any recommendations about route? Via garmisch is the shortest but apparently tricky road is it? We have snow tyres but not snow chains on our estate rental car... any help? not really looking forward to driving on the other side of the road!

I think there was a bit of discussion about this earlier, but to save you looking the consensus was to avoid the Garmisch route, regardless of weather. I think the motorway route via Innsbruck is your best bet, it will be a bit busy by the time you hit the last stretch but it normally flows well enough.

On the main roads you are fine with snow tyres, you will almost certainly be OK on side roads but if possible I'd try and rent chains, if you try to get up a steep narrow road without them you may get stuck if it's icy. I've never had to put chains on a car with snow tyres, but there's always a first time Shock
snow conditions
Still snowing 25cm fresh today up top, going to be amazing tomorrow, bad light today, few trees but big runs too risky, can't see cliffs etc.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy