Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
Morning snowHead 's,

Just a quick question, we're out in Les Gets 16th Feb for a week snowboarding (bring it on Very Happy ). Just wanted to ask if you have to buy an additional lift pass for the Mont Chery? We are gonna get the Les Gets/Morzine pass, but had heard that to go on the Mont Chery and to the park you need an additional pass?

Please can anyone help?!

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leedslips, your les gets/morzine pass takes you on all the lifts at Mont Chery. There is now a new giant 'bag' that you can play on - jumps etc - not my sort of thing but my son has had fun on it, and that costs you 10(?)euros for an hour, I think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowzebra, Oh nice one, thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beverley, It is a tour around the different areas that make up most of the PdS. It is pretty easy and nothing too demanding, If there is a black on the route you can probably avoid it by taking a red.

I would suggest it is a must for anyone staying the week, if only to see the different resorts. Let us know how you get on! We are over there on the 26th, 7 sleeps and counting Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quick update from my Blackberry - so it's going to be short sorry...

The rain threatened for Friday largely held off, but the temperature is 3-4 degrees in the village so conditions today can best be described as "excellent spring skiing".

Those of you coming out in the next few weeks shouldn't be alarmed - there is shed loads of snow. But it's going to be horrible tomorrow after it's refrozen Sad

We met up with RayScoops and skied / boarded mainly in the Linga sector where Ray did his first roof snowHead Renard is in unusually good nick and the only run with anything like a bare patch is Rhodedendrums.

Unless the temperatures stay up, the the off-piste will be best avoided until there's some freshies...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, we skied Mont Chery this afternoon, and though not comparable to Thursday's extra terrestrial exerience, it was still a great afternoon's skiing with the snow still good until 4pm when the clouds lifted and the sun hit the slopes. Could feel it going crispy in the shade though. My son boarded around La Turche/Perrieres this morning and said it was great, though off piste claggy. It's forecast to snow again on Tuesday on the 3 weather sites I look at...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just doing my usual 'check every ski-cast on the net' routine for snow reports for les gets & morzine and things don't look half as bad as they were looking on the longe range when i was looking last week. Looks like good amounts of snow due on late monday, all tuesday and friday. Here's hoping! arrive on Thursday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied from Nyon over to Pleney yesterday. Some slopes still corduroy even at 2pm! Snow is still good despite slight thaw. Skied 'til the lifts closed.
Pointe de Nyon or Lhottys for lunch today methinks.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sunday. Clear blue skies and bright sunshine Happy in spite of this the snow has held up very well and skiing conditions were quite acceptable. Oh who an i kidding - it was great Happy let's hope tomorrow is as good on mont chery for our last day. CW
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great skiing in sun over in Linderets and Super Morzine.
A bit icy for RayScoops's first run on the Swiss Wall. A bit icy on the second run too. Way to go Ray!
Looking forward to "top up Tuesday". I hope you guys are right about the snow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My last post before I heard out to Avoriaz for my first visit. Shall hopefully post some live reports while i'm there. Here's to a great weeks skiing, and skiing powder for the first time on Tuesday morning! Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
looks like Tuesday could be offering Les Gets an almighty snow dump if reports are to be believed, fingers crossed! friday should see a good dusting to top up for a sunny weekend. Counting down the hours til thursday. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cardweg, don't know if this is of interest to you, but the giant 'bag' in the Mont Chery snowpark I mentioned previously has apparently been replaced (did it get speared by a ski??) by a huge jump 'as big as a house' according to younger members of the family. We had a great home made apple and rum cake at the Grande Ours just above the snow park the other day- the downstairs there is good and cosy with a wood burner and friendly staff.
A beautiful day today, some of the bumps looked a bit icy so avoided those, all the blues and reds (under chavannes, rosta, nauchets) were still great to ski.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
do reports concur for a decent dump tonight/tomorrow?????
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We had a nice, gentle social ski around Nyon and Les Gets yesterday. Late start, a few hours skiing, late (long) lunch and just a few runs afterwards. Conditions were as you'd expect from a thaw / re-freeze. In a word - icy. Point de Nyon - icy. Chamossiere (red and black) - icy. Off-piste - icy. After trying a few approaches, I decided that sideways down the falline was the best approach on the bottom of Melezes. LenHolgate, on factory slalom skis, was the only person to make a decent fist of getting his edges in. On the bright side, it was very quiet for a Sunday.

You can see the Vallee de la Manche from the Point de Nyon. I don't know the name of the hanging valley skier's right of the "Vallee de la Manche" (not the Col de Cou - the other side, toward Haut Fortes), but it looked very slidey - there were about 10 loose snow slides in the afternoon that weren't there in the morning.

Respect to RayScoops for getting down the Swiss Wall on a board in what must have been "interesting" conditions. Has anyone else noticed that RayScoops seems to get better the harder the pitch becomes???! snowHead

snowzebra - isn't the Grande Ours a good addition to the eating landscape Happy
ski holidays
In Avoriaz as i type this!!

Rode around Avoriaz today, conditions are pretty good, just about all runs open and pleanty of snow.
The pistes are bullet proof and icy right up to lunchtime (not great if your partner is learning to snowboard!!), then start to soften.
Wind picked up today and the weather is definately changing with snow forecast for tomorrow. Bring it on!! Very Happy

Actually witnessed a decent sized slide up above the cliffs to the left of Avoraz at lunch time, safe to say off piste
is looking dodgy with the freeze-thaw, wind and possible new snow falls, there are slides everywhere.

Will update you on the fresh snow tommorrow. (Fingers crossed)

I'm a boarder all in lime green (not as bad as it sounds) if anyone is out here, say hi.

Cool
ski holidays
Another live report from Avoriaz here. A lovely afternoon skiing under blue skies. Pistes holding up well but some fresh snow would be welcome. Everything open although winds shut one of the higher lifts. Just off to sample the apres ski. Stunning views in every direction!
latest report
Would it be cynical of me to ask why all the webcams haven't updated for a week?

18 more sleeps until Morzine '08.....can't wait. Although looks like I am going to cheat on Morzine'09 and head for Flaine. The family group I organise want a change....I'd do Morzine every time but then...first love and all that!
ski holidays
Conditions prevailed against me and we doidn't get to Mont Chery. Spent most of the day between La Rosta & Chamoissiere. As at Avoriaz, the snow is holding up reasonably well, but the promised dump for tomorrow would be most welcome.

Finished the day with a circuit from la Rosta, Ranfoilly, Chamoissiere, Nyon Pleney and down into Morzine. A great finish (despite avoiding the grass low down below Pleney) to a wonderful week.

The highlight was definitely Thursday when I skied probably the best conditions I've experienced in Europe for over 15 years but yesterday's views of Mont Blanc etc will be remembered for a long long time.

Back to blighty tomorrow and into the office on Wednesday - bah humbug Sad

For the rest of you still out here - enjoy

CW
latest report
RetroBod, I check it out most days and it is updated hourly! One of the webcams is on our building and wake up to the views that they show. 4 more sleeps!!!!!
latest report
Light drizzle in Morzine resort at 9.30 am and most of the way to Geneva was heavy rain. Hopefully snow up top.
snow conditions
Mixture of light rain here in Les Gets first thing, then sleet and snow, now clear. Can see snowline on trees halfway up Mont Chery, at the top of the bubble, so there should be some new snow on higher slopes.
ski holidays
Update late afternoon after more snow flurries interspersed with cloud and glimpses of sunshine - a couple of inches of new snow reported by my son boarding up on Rosta/Ranfolly this afternoon. He says it was fine, not wet, and no queues.
ski holidays
Avoriaz was shrouded in cloud today. But thankfully It's snowed nearly all night and day too. Visibility was at times rather scary. Cloud has lifted now and the fresh snow was great to ski on. I think I've found my new favourite run too, Combe a Floret down through the trees into Les Lindarets. I felt rather like James Bond! Smile Here's hoping for clear skies to enjoy the new snow.
latest report
less than 24 hours to go for Les Gets 2008 for me! let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. oh and be blue skies and sunny !! who am i kidding, i'll take anything. roll on tomorrow! snowHead
snow report
dlawless, Have a wicked time Cool
ski holidays
dlawless,

Have a great time, we go out next Weds. Little Angel
ski holidays
Squeeking with excitement. All packed. Checked in online and ready to go tomorrow morning. Don't really care if it's snowing, sunny, cloudy whatever......bring it on snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i'll be the over excited snowboarder in the lime green jacket and black pants on the Morzine flood-lit run til 21.45 tomorrow night! making the most of it, well why not hey? few drinks at the budda and cavern bar Very Happy after me thinks.
latest report
Hi I am thinking of staying in Ardent in late March, how reliable is the snow in Avoriaz at that time? is it rediculous to even think I could ski to the chalet? Any thoughts would be welcome. Puzzled
ski holidays
Only 8 more sleeps to go for me Very Happy
Fly out at stupid oclock from Gatwick next Friday morning. Staying in Le Biot. Anyone on here know the place? How far to get to Morzine from there? Hoping it'll not take more than about 15mins.
Gonna try and pack in as much skiing in 3.5 days as humanely possible. Cant wait.
Just hope the snow holds for the next week and does not melt Sad Long range forecast shows little sign of snow at the moment.
snow conditions
Woofie, I skied PDS end of March last season and finished off at the bottom of the Ardent gondola each day by skiing. Not much there but so even if you can get to the bottom of the gondola there'd only be a very short walk! Once you get to the gondola you can ski to The Bar (singular) but not sure if you can get much further.
latest report
hubblebubble, Le Biot in a car is about 15-20min from Morzine centre. Also skiing just above Le Biot at the Col De Corbier not linked to anything but some blues and reds and even a black Google - Drouzin le Mont for details. Also Le Grande Terche is close by to Le Biot in St Jean d'Aulps with some great skiing and quiet slopes.

Woofie, Ardent we ski down to Ardent usually until end of April so you should have nor problems
ski holidays
hubblebubble,

Netweather suggests Heavy/Torrential snow for next weekend but a way off yet
snow report
hello all, sitting here having my brekkie over looking les gets. clear skies with whispy could over mont blanc. enjoyed afternoon boarding yesterday minus the bad spill i had which has left my left bum cheek rather bruised!! hers to a wonderful day on the slopes of les gets and morzine today.
ski holidays
one more sleep for me, yipeeee!!! Laughing
ski holidays
Back from Avoriaz having had a fantastic few days skiing. Wednesday was probably my best days skiing ever! Very Happy

Here are some photo's from the week:

Monday 21st Jan

Tuesday 22nd Jan

Wednesday 23rd Jan

Thursday 24th Jan
snow conditions
ski-finder, nice one ....out on Weds Very Happy
snow conditions
Sat in the Tunnel Bar in Chatel having a few cheeky ales, first day skiing tomorrow. Happy Days snowHead
snow conditions
SP1R1T, enjoy your trip! Hope you get a new sprinkle of powder, and if you don't then don't worry there is plenty of quality snow out there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy