Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
@Redwine, I ski at Easter, I like slush.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, Easter is a pleasant time of year to ski, long days and if it's an early one and temperatures are cold, skiing in lightweight gear there's some excellent spring snow to be had up high. Snow can be poor late afternoon but it's a trade off, you just get out first lifts, picnic lunches and stay north facing. Chill out with a beer late afternoon on a terrace somewhere after a big last off piste run through the av barriers rather than surfing on piste is my preference..... Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Redwine wrote:
Oh yeah. And it is insanely crowded here this week.

It's Fasching - busiest week of year virtually. Like President's weekend in US - avoid if possible. Crowds generally a lot less in Lech/Zuers.

I also love Spring skiing. We ski until end of May at Mt Bachelor and it is always epic. Looks like we'll be in for some Springiness Friday in Lech, and if if the slowly converging models are correct, back to winter by the weekend Wink Just gotta get there - cold and snowy here in Pittsburgh. We're heading to the Alps to warm up Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Markymark29, @kitenski, I'm another late season fan. There's always a brilliant atmosphere too, locals looking forward to a holiday, seasonaires looking forward to going home (why?!), as each bar closes they start giving away beer, sitting out on the terrace at the Haeferl... There no powder, but finding good spring snow is a very good compensation for that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great day today. Not sure if pt gal was happy that I hit it as hard as I did. But guide paid for so ce'est la vie. Stuben to Langham, really good conditions generally, variable at times, but still real good. Bus back to stuben then hors piste towards st anton and a pay bus. Needed to pick through a lot of grass and rocks, but found some corn. Was worth it for the adventure, but wouldn't call conditions spectacular, but still fun. Trip coming to an end unfortunately, never enough time and money.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Redwine,

Nearly 30 seasons in Arlberg/Silvretta and still not skied it all Happy

Enjoy the rest of your stay..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Redwine, how was the waterfall on the way down to Langen? Did you boot up Maroikopf or skin up, you're leg better then?

Where was all the grass and rocks, Albona down to Rauz....? Never seen grass on this route, very odd. Can't think where you've caught a pay bus, or why? Did you miss last lift up Valfegehr.......can't get where you've been......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Markymark29, I definitely couldn't replicate the run, bit albona2 lift at stuben, bang a left, climb a bit then picking our way through to vermall. In vermall There were a lot of cross country skiers there, and I think the bus driver got a bonus for getting as many ppl as possible on the bus. Was quite hysterical when he stopped at first stop for another 6 ppl. Not really grass, more like the underbrush coming through. Would be spectacular in pow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's all relative there is no snow on my local hill, Ilkley moor, so it's going to much much better conditions than I've had so far this season. Getting excited now only three days to go. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Redwine, Left as you drop down form Albona 2 then ending up in Verwall sounds like Milchböden, ending up in Maroital - I think there's an XC loop there?

Hope you enjoyed your trip, and next time you might get better conditions. Try to avoid mid February though, that's the busy time in most of Europe due to school holidays. If it's any consolation France would have been much worse! (I avoid all of Feb to be safe, I either ski Jan or March/early April in St Anton).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mt wrote:
It's all relative there is no snow on my local hill, Ilkley moor, ....

There's been some at Greenhow, and the Stump Cross Cavern frontside was skiable two weeks ago.

The Golf Course below the Cow and Calf hasn't been skiable for a couple of years now, pity.... it can be quite fun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anyone around from the 7th March. I will be there for two weeks Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Will be there from 03 - 08 March if anyone's around?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kappl

I posted this I think last season.

In preparation for increased traffic (ProjektDias) Kappl will replace its main Gondola with a a 10 Man Gondola this summer . Once this is in place the Rendl link will follow ...

http://www.spiss-partner.at/wettbewerbe/bergbahnen-kappl/wettbewerb-bergbahnen-kappl.php
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

http://youtube.com/v/Vi8k6qntDDs
snow conditions
Think he almost lost it at 1.14.
ski holidays
I will be there 15th to 29th March. About 20 years at least since I have been to the area. So cannot remember much but the terrible conditions. Pure ice everywhere. On my own. So probably available if anyone wants company some days. Hire a guide? However due to dodgy knees trudging miles is no longer an option.
latest report
@skimastaaah, I think it was last year we skied down from the moor road to burley, a bit of a chore really but a great experience. If we'd hit it a couple of hours earlier, dawn, it would have been great but it had just softened too much by the time we got our poo-poo together. Confused
latest report
Out for 8 days on the 16th. A question for you locals; I can buy a Ortovox Zoom Transceiver Package (inc shovel & probe) for £220 here in the UK. Is a similar package cheaper in St Anton? I ask because I saved over £100 on Black Crow/Marker Griffon set-up from Jenniwein on opening weekend, I was wondering if the savings are across the board, or might have been early season discounts? Any advice much appreciated.
snow report
@Dr John, http://goo.gl/XgNcfR

£199 on amazon!
ski holidays
Folks

Change of weather occuring over the weekend . Sunny skies will depart.... Snow Monday .

Some fronts moving across the Atlantic so you may get some regular top ups of Dust
through next week Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Almost 2 weeks of sunshine. Pistes are now rock hard and off piste largely tracked out. Insane crowds this week. A local ski instructor says he has not seen it as busy. Ever.

That's the negative. The positives. Many. Still nice snow to be found on the north facing slopes. Skiing under a perfect cobalt blue sky is always a pleasure. Maroikopfle to Langen was a
lot fun, though the Wasserfall passage was "interesting".

The best bit? Still have 2 weeks and snow is coming next week.
ski holidays
First day here cruising mostly Zuers and back to Lech. Pistes are pretty good, they get tracked out as day goes on but no scary icy stuff - far from rock hard. Some good snow on north facing slopes. We had a lot of fun on various ski runs, especially off the Madloch down to Zug. Longest lift line was 5 minutes. Average was 2-ish, and we skied on to every lift after 2pm.

And forecast is looking very promising Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Midnight Feb sat 21st

It is Snowing...

St Christoph & Zurs,Lech
snow report
7am... Snowing lightly in St Anton. Probably not even a cm yet, but it is still snowing!
snow conditions
Same here in Warth, getting heavier too Smile
latest report
Just Edge Dust overnight more on the way Monday night
snow report
Sunny morning in StA, but forecast is for clouds to roll in by lunchtime. Mixed opinions on when it will snow and how much. Late tonight or tomorrow seems to be the best bet.

The small amount of snow yesterday freshened up the pistes and Bachseite. Did not get to too much other off piste because of the visibility, or lack thereof.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowing heavily in Warth.....fat ski day tomorrow!! Very Happy
snow report
Light and fairly wet snow most of the afternoon in Lech but turning colder. And into very large flakes now. Could be fun tomorrow, hopefully visibility won't be too bad.
snow conditions
Valkyrie wrote:
Light and fairly wet snow most of the afternoon in Lech but turning colder. And into very large flakes now. Could be fun tomorrow, hopefully visibility won't be too bad.

getting colder but snow stopped now at 9.30. I don't get the feeling this is a big storm, but it'll help. Conditions in Warth today were pretty good, especially in the morning when it was clear. Some fun off piste skiing to be had.
ski holidays
Why are you folks skiing in Warth? Shocked
latest report
@stanton, great skiing and access to Lech, arrive Saturday in St Anton for next week.

Just got woken by the snow blower keeping the road clear, been snowing most of the night and still coming down, looking like a great day in prospect.
ski holidays
Snowing lightly in St Anton this morning. Only a dusting so far.

The side-piste in Zurs was very nice yesterday. Maybe 10cm of light fresh in places. Came back to StA around 2pm. Snowing at the top of Galzig, but drizzle in the village.
snow report
stanton wrote:
Why are you folks skiing in Warth? Shocked

north facing mostly, so snow a lot better than Lech.

Still snowing in Lech this morning. Looks a reasonable amount fell overnight. Hopefully a lot more 1000m higher. Powder day Wink
snow conditions
About 1cm or so in SA, heading over to lech today good to hear there is a bit more fresh that way
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/ucQODWAr1dc
latest report
Lech am Arlberg. Avalanche end of last Janaury Ski Helmet Analysis

http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/ostschweiz/story/25934794
snow report
Reasonable amount of new snow. Maybe around 15cm? A bit wet, but lovely to ski where it had not been tracked out.

Seems to have stopped snowing for now.

BTW: if you are English-speaking, and don't want to be abused, give the deli at the SPAR a miss. The lady, and I use that term loosely, who runs the counter snapped at me, "Next time, speak German!". Unbelievable!
snow conditions
Awesome snow in Warth today, been skiing in knee deep pow all day, best run was north facing run down from "the bull" to Salober just awesome, nobody about and best snow I skied for years......still snowing.....roll on tomorrow when the sun comes out!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy