Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plans for 2011-12 season

Poster: A snowHead
Jan 14th - 1 week Val Thorens

Sometime after that - long weekend visiting a friend who's working in St Johann

1 or 2 other weekends - roadtrip to Scotland when the snow's good.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just booked the week of 17th - 24th dec in argentiere, hoping to get a weekend in whistler late jan as may have a business trip out in vancouver and also will be visiting ser chevallier in early march... Hopefully get a cheap last min late season week or couple of weekends with friends... Cant wait!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
january - alpe d'huez for a week then Feb/Mar 11 nights split between Jackson Hole and Park City! Cannot wait! So excited as have four first timers coming to France - I love the fact that each year we introduce new people to ski-ing!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have St Anton booked in Feb with my usual bunch of ski mates. Cannot WAIT!! I've got the week off before Christmas to go somewhere with my mum. She's over 70 now so i need lots of green runs to resort level (possibly ADH or Courchevel). Then I will sneak off on my own somewhere end of March/early April. Hopefully Val D with Mark Warner as I like the ski hosting.

Fingers crossed for better snow in France this year!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Utah in January.

Megève in March.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Easiski's on2off clinic booked at the end of Jan for a first go at the ungroomed stuff, hope the end of course trip over to La Grave comes off, then waiting with baited breath hoping the family bash comes off so me and the kids can head to the mountains again at easter.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We have a lot planned this season

Start mid nov and our weekends go something like this:
Sunshine
LL for winter start/Nakiska
nakiska
nakiska
Sunshine
nakiska
Kimberley for chritmas break
couple of days nakiska
Nakiska
Sunshine
Nakiska
Jasper
Panorama
Family weekend somehwere
Castle
Norquay
Sunshine
LL
Nakiska
Nakiska
nakiska

So skiing every weekend all weekend basically. Son skiing mid-week COP too.

Hoping for another La Nina cracker.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flaine - Christmas eve. Kids (5&3) having lessons for the first time. Hope they enjoy.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tignes, November, PSB
Chamonix, Dec 10
Then probably a long weekend in Austria in Jan (presuming I can arrange "meetings" with head office in Munich on the Friday)
Then a week, probably in Ishgl, in either Feb or March.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Current planning is looking like:

Nov/Dec = PSB
Jan = Austria (1st w/e = Zillertal, 2nd w/e = tbd, 3rd w/e = working, 4th w/e = possible trip but it's w/e before s8BB)
Feb = s8BB
Mar = dunno - weekend somewhere maybe?

Quite fancy a w/e in PdS again (not been there for years), and fancy checking out somewhere else in Austria (need to check train times).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's s8BB, andy?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slipper, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77487
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christmas in Verbierish. Finish contract, month of the same plus daughter and occassional other half. I'm worth it.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alpe d'huez

25th November to 28th April (weather permitting)

as a hotel host

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tignes Mountain Craft Course, then Courmayeur and then Flims/Laax for Xmas and New Year. Then a gap, probably Austria for a few days just to tick another country, then Lauterbrunnen for 3 weeks to enjoy the Wengen downhill and do the Inferno. A gap in Feb for admin. Then 4 weeks in Murren in March. And then - thank goodness summer is back!!!!
ski holidays
New Mexico for me in December.
I'm off on my annual visit to my mum and my sister and her family, and usually try to take a trip with my mum at the beginning.
This year she wants to go to new Mexico around Albuquerque, Santa Fee and Taos, so should get 2 or 3 days skiing in different resorts - Taos looks amazing.
Will report back when done.

And a trip in March with my wife for 4 days skiing, have been French Pyrenees last 3 years, but fancy some good lessons this years, not with the ESF "Silver Foxes", so looking at Norway or Slovakia.
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
So far

mid december - 1 week Tignes.
Christmas and New year - two weeks Sella Ronda
mid jan - weekend in austria
29th jan - one week Sauze D'oulx
14th Feb - 2 weeks Arraba
8th march - 1 week japan
21st march - 2 weeks Les Orres
6th April - 1 week Obertrauern
30th April - two weeks Hintertux

may fit a few others in.............. Laughing

I forgot about the possible trip to Scotland.....................
snow conditions
Unless there happens to be a major dump within the next few days I'll have to stick to hiking this trip rather than the touring I'd hoped for (can't afford the glaciers atm), back out in Innsbruck mid December for around a month, not sure exactly where I'l be skiing but this summer's hiking has opened my eyes to a massive load of potential on the backside of Nordkette, and I'll probably spend a week or two teaching in Saalbach too. Will likely stop in the Salzkammergut to visit some of my gf's family on the way from Saalbach to Innsbruck, so if the snow's right I might finally get a chance to ski Krippenstein. I'll have another few weeks in Feb or March, depending on when my uni deadlines are, back in Innsbruck, and possibly a week with the family in Italy (chat is Santa Caterina as we haven't skied there since I learnt there at the age of 5!). Season pass this year includes 3 days each in St Anton and Ischgl, which will be saved for when the snow's best (haven't skied St Anton since working there 08/09, looking forward to showing the gf around!). Then depending on kayaking trips I'll have either a week or two over Easter making the best of long spring days, slushy bumps, corn and cold beers in the sun. Hopefully slip a few Scottish sessions in too.

Then in June(ish), moving to the Alps/Austria for good (hopefully) Shocked Very Happy Cool Twisted Evil NehNeh snowHead
snow report
Still holding out hope for an end of November trip to wherever it's snowing within 3 hours of Milan Malpensa.

January and February in Hokkaido

March chasing snow in the Alps

Then it's back to work Sad
latest report
stevew wrote:
Booked for Meribel for the quiet week in January with my daughter. Will grab a late deal for March when I see where the deals / snow are.

Finally sent letter, pleading risk management over half term, into school with application for abscence for Hannah (year 6) expecting it to be returned as a big no, got a YES, with a little note saying that as she (the head) had given permission in previous years, she would do this time. There was another little note "This would be disfficult..." and trails off because the next line was cut off by the photocopier. Anyway result!
snow report
stevew wrote:
stevew wrote:
Booked for Meribel for the quiet week in January with my daughter. Will grab a late deal for March when I see where the deals / snow are.

Finally sent letter, pleading risk management over half term, into school with application for abscence for Hannah (year 6) expecting it to be returned as a big no, got a YES, with a little note saying that as she (the head) had given permission in previous years, she would do this time. There was another little note "This would be disfficult..." and trails off because the next line was cut off by the photocopier. Anyway result!

Would school's actually say 'no' to taking your kids away on holiday? We always asked when I was young, but if the school ever said no (they never did) we'd just have gone anyway. Really don't think some school busybody should have the power to forbid family holidays, or anything else personal for that matter.
ski holidays
clarky999, they've got a new policy to say no almost to any request but yes I would have just taken her out - holiday's fully paid for now anyway! Note on the form says "The cost, convenience or availability of a holiday must not be taken into consideration"
ski holidays
Hopefully, a week in Austria in January.

Probably going out 14th (maybe a week either way from that), very possibly to the same place I went 2 years ago in the Schneewinkel area(I didn't get a ski trip at all last year).
latest report
A week in the Arlberg with Graham Austick (really looking forward to that) mid january Toofy Grin

3rd year in a row with offpisteskiing.com on the steep vanoise trip in April Cool

New baby has me down to 2 trips ...
ski holidays
norris wrote:
3rd year in a row with offpisteskiing.com on the steep vanoise trip in April Cool

we'll try not to break him on the kyrgyzstan trip Wink
latest report
Arno, keep him off that yak milk beer please. I might have to share a hut room with him after that.... Shocked
Although saying that your yurt might get quite "fruity"
snow report
Jan - week training in Bad Hofgastein.

Feb- Racing in Piancavallo.

Mar- Racing in Scotland(hopefully).

Apr- Racing in Abetone.

In between times, hour and hours on beloved dendix.
snow report
gryphea, loving how much free time you have Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sunbathing in St Anton, maybe a bit of golf in Les Arcs or some mountain biking in Andorra
latest report
surfstar, Laughing
snow conditions
norris wrote:
Although saying that your yurt might get quite "fruity"

at least one of the participants (other than me) snores and has stinky feet Confused
ski holidays
Nov/Dec - PSB
early Jan - La Rosière
Jan/Feb - a working week in Laax
March - planned but not booked
April - EOSB

And then any weekend days I can manage.

Papasmurf, you mention some familiar names - where are you, Zurich?
latest report
alex_heney wrote:
Hopefully, a week in Austria in January.

Probably going out 14th (maybe a week either way from that), very possibly to the same place I went 2 years ago in the Schneewinkel area(I didn't get a ski trip at all last year).

OK, now booked Smile

One week in Scheffau from 7th January.

I'm quite jealous of some of you having lots of trips, but with a wife who isn't interested in skiing or even holidaying anywhere cold, and never getting all the right balls drawn to give up work, I'll only ever get one week a year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy