Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2008 / 2009

Poster: A snowHead
It's still snowing outside so bring your chains. They do say it will be sunny snowHead on saturday. ??? not sure how they can be sure about that rolling eyes but hope they are right Smile Might see you at La Ferme if I get that far. Have a good drive out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My first picture hope it works

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2833813350103328503ONouUL
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well that did not work only posted the link again. Help what am I doing wrong? Anyone!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowcrazy, Works ok Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
second try

http://thumb3.webshots.net/t/52/552/8/13/35/2833813350103328503ONouUL_th.jpg

still not good

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 11-12-08 13:12; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Very Happy at last i got it to work Laughing This is today at 11.30ish i think. Only took me 2 hours to figure it out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last one just testing. Where is this?

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowcrazy, top of Aiguille rouge on the black on the way down?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Deux Tete, above Arc 1600.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mouth, WRONG Toofy Grin rob@rar, Very Happy Very good Rob but did you cheat. If you click on the picture it tells you. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowcrazy, he might have, buts it's a fairly well known landmark up in them thar parts. And Rob does enjoy the tree skiing just below it.

God I'm jealous. Still got 5 weeks to wait...

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 11-12-08 13:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is only a test run. This was last season sorry. Right now it is mist and snowing a little and COLD. I am wrapped up warm indoors.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy wrote:
Very good Rob but did you cheat

Nope, promise I didn't Smile
ski holidays
E-mail just arrived saying Les Arcs open from this Saturday 13th!

Jealousy++

Shocked snowHead snowHead
snow report
Parking at the funicular. 'From the horses mouth'. 7am - 21.30 1 Euro per day. Pay at kiosk. You will need coins or notes as there is only a machine. Not a person.

Wait for it!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad If you stay from 21.30 - 7am eg overnight parking it will cost 20Euro per 24hrs. Ouch!! So if you want to park in the valley for the week and not use the car it is better to park at the new covered parking by the Gare. 'Parking du Centre' cost 10hrs to 24 hrs 10Euro per 24 hrs. Less than 10hrs means 1 Euro per hour. Free parking can still be found by the supermaches.

Hope that all makes sense.

It has been snowing all day, light in the valley but a bit heavier higher up. It is cold now, - 5 outside and getting colder. Snow is still very light and fluffy. Role on saturday. Not sure if the snow will keep falling tomorrow. They forecast it to stop during the day. Then the sun will come out ready for a great day when the lifts open.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
Free parking can still be found by the supermaches.

Is this OK or frowned upon?
ski holidays
You take your chances, it is legal to part there but how safe from kids that hang out there, Macs is nearby. Is anyones guess. Not sure if I would leave my car there all week without checking on it. Unless it was very old and I did not care Very Happy
snow report
snowcrazy, Parking in the big empty car park in front of Twinner near Mc Ds, si that still free?
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, Yes it is still free there but not sure if I would leave my car there for a week unattended.
latest report
It is also free for one hour in the car park by the poste office if you can find a place. Not much good if you want to leave the car for the day, but ok if you want to do a quick shop.
snow report
Snow report for today

Work up to blue sky and a few high clouds. Some wind high up but a nice light covering of powder even down in the valley after the snow during the night. It stayed cold all day. Clouds built up during the day but did not snow again. You can now ski from the top of Funic back to Bourg. A little bare in places in the forest but good fun. Sorry know pics today, but will try and remember the camera tomorrow. At least it gives you an idea of how much snow there is in the sheltered places. Last season only managed to make that trip down to bourg half a dozen times (Bourg is at 800m). The lifts open tomorrow, at least some of them. Let's hope the wind drops and the temps stay low. More snow is forecast from Sunday to Wed.
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
You can now ski from the top of Funic back to Bourg.

Wow! Bet that doesn't happen that often in December.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Indeed or that often in the season! snowHead
ski holidays
have fun tomorrow kids, due to unforseen circumstances I won't be out till monday or so, please try to leave some snow on the mountain for me to shred
snow report
Blue sky, fresh powder up to your knees, nice quiet pistes, good company. What more can be said. An amazing day.

On the first official day of the season here in Les Arcs the sun was out bright and early. All the Les Arcs stations were open, as was Vallandry and Peisey. Villaroger to follow next Wednesday I was told this afternoon. Although the top of Aiguille Rouge and Grand Col were closed due to wind and avalanche risk, most other lifts and runs were open by the afternoon. There is a good base on most runs, although a little bare in a few places. The pistes are all well prepared and there are huge snow mounds waiting to be used in some places if needed. There is more snow forecast for the next few days and tonight it is getting windy. Looking forward to a great holiday period if these snow conditions remain. Hurry up and get out here, it is all getting tracked out very quickly.
ski holidays
Having looked at many places to ski in February I was set on Canada but due to change in holiday plans me and the OH are coming to Arc 1800 in Feb for 10 days.
Will have to book at very late deal but I am looking forward to returning the place where I lost my skiing cherry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some pics from yesterday. Not like this today worst luck.

ski holidays
Today the clouds have returned and temps went up. High winds closed almost all lifts and lower down towards Bourg it is raining. No chance of skiing down to bourg again unless there is a lot more snow in the valley. Let's hope temps and the wind drop again quickly so that the fresh snow that is falling higher up has a chance to settle. A similar forecast for tomorrow. It might be time for a day off.
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:
It might be time for a day off.

Are you man or mouse. The place has only been open 2 days and you want a day of?

latest report
The picture of the main street in Arc 1950 seems to show they had a good dump (I do so hate that phrase) overnight.

Idea Question Big Wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 15-12-08 9:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
The picture of the main street in Arc 9150 seems to show they had a good dump (I do so hate that phrase) overnight.

WOW - they really have been working hard in Les arcs then ... managing to get a resort up to 9150 metres Blush wink
ski holidays
doogo wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
The picture of the main street in Arc 9150 seems to show they had a good dump (I do so hate that phrase) overnight.

WOW - they really have been working hard in Les arcs then ... managing to get a resort up to 9150 metres Blush wink

Ahem........... Laughing
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, or was that your exchange rate prediction for January Sad
snow report
Well I only had the morning off today, so only a bit of a wimp. To windy, most lifts still closed till 11am'ish. But then it got better. By late afternoon I was sitting at the altiport watching the sun go down with a nice warm drink. Then a quiet ski down empty pistes to finish. As you can guess, not many people around this week.

The wind has done it's worst. Most of the great powder of Saturday has been turned into leg breaking wind slab. I heard of two people that have finished for the season already after falls in the last two days. Although it looks real tempting, I am keeping away from the back country for the moment. It looks quite dangerous in places. They are saying we are in for more of the same over the next few days. Yes there is loads of snow in places. Depth about 130cm on higher slopes and 60+cm lower down where it has settled, but due to the winds it is really stacked in some places and unstable.

The 80cm they promised did not fall last night, it was to warm. raining up to 1500m. Only about 10/15 cm of fresh. Quite a difference. It is interesting to be here and see all the wild forecasts and compare that with what really does happen. Let's hope for better tomorrow.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, Meteo France reported about 40cm of fresh at 3,000m on Bellecote.
ski holidays
rob@rar, They might have reported it, but nobody could get up there today to see if it had stayed. My guess with 140km winds during the last 12 hours it all got blown up to Tignes and Val d'Isere. Our pistes were hard packed with a light covering when they opened. Love to know how they manage to come up with these figues when nobody, not even the pisteurs are going out with winds that strong.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, it's the info from Meteo France's automatic weather station on Bellecote. No idea how they measure snow depth.
snow conditions
rob@rar, Nor do I, I guess it takes it at a high point but does not do it a second time after the wind has done it's worst. Or maybe!!! they have put it in a sheltered place so the wind does not blow the snow away again. Twisted Evil That would then look good on the reports, but it is not really a true picture of the conditions. Sound familiar.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy