Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you sit on your poles on a chairlift?

Poster: A snowHead
The poles are only really for poking French Children that push in front of you in the lift line.
And the basket is to stop it going in too far.

Not sure why you need two poles.
Ah! Touché, its to poke his dad.

Those D shaped carbon Leki poles won't last long if you sit on them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
100% not a powder basket, these are the poles, just in a different colour...

@abc, maybe sitting on the basket is an American thing, as none of my mates do that here. If i'm wrong though, then i'm ashamed and embarrassed and will change my ways! Embarassed

https://www.atomic.com/en-gb/shop-emea/catalog/product/view/id/10922/s/redster-x/category/1406/#color=36722
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mgrolf wrote:

Not to mention powder baskets with narrow skis. What is going on? Laughing

Surely that's what everyone does to make it clear that they are only slumming it on the pistencarvers while they wait for the next dump.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:

@abc, maybe sitting on the basket is an American thing, as none of my mates do that here. If i'm wrong though, then i'm ashamed and embarrassed and will change my ways! Embarassed

https://www.atomic.com/en-gb/shop-emea/catalog/product/view/id/10922/s/redster-x/category/1406/#color=36722

I was just joking. (As this thread is largely about) Sorry if that wasn’t clear Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Of course. What’s the alternative? A different pair of poles of each set of skis?*

*Yes, I also know some people for which this would be an absolute necessity, but mostly because they’ve had to also put on an entirely different outfit and everything needs to match, dahling.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gordyjh wrote:
I’m fascinated that such a mundane question has yielded 3 pages of discussion! I’m also fascinated by the number of people who can’t seem to get from breakfast to lunch without eating…

If it means I can sleep in, get out early and ski longer, breakfast and lunch sometimes happens on the lifts. Granted, more so breakfast. I’m not great at making stuff in the morning before I head out.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hammerite, you’ll do a lot of sleeping when you’re dead… Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gordyjh, Eating on the lift is lunch - quality snow time while folks sit and have a leisurely lunch Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm staggered at the number of people who have never seen anyone sit on their poles on a chairlift. Where do you all ski?
It's easy, and comfortable, whether you are planning to faff or not. And on a cold day it will keep your hands warmer as you are not holding cold metal.
It is harder to do on newer chairs with a full back, and probably not a great idea on lifts with a weathershield though!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JDL65 wrote:
I'm staggered at the number of people who have never seen anyone sit on their poles on a chairlift. Where do you all ski?

Some people are more observant than others. Or, some people are more self-absorb than others…
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
abc wrote:
JDL65 wrote:

Some people are more observant than others. Or, some people are more self-absorb than others…

Maybe they're all too busy avoiding all those unnecessary backpacks to notice!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think we need a third thread about poles. Do we sit on them? Do we click them? Any other suggestions?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Origen, oh yes, do you use wrist straps, that usually gets people going.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Origen wrote:
I think we need a third thread about poles. Do we sit on them? Do we click them? Any other suggestions?

Do you leave poles on the snow outside mountain eateries?
ski holidays
Is it only eejits who pay ££££££££££££££££££££ for fancy ones?
snow report
@Bones, it’s a holiday. If you don’t faff you get enough skiing to need a proper lunch…
snow conditions
Why do some rubbish skiers own body-hugging carbon race sticks?
ski holidays
Snow&skifan wrote:
Why do some rubbish skiers own body-hugging carbon race sticks?

My metal poles are “body-hugging”….they were straight, once upon a time… Laughing Embarassed
snow report
@Jäger, my adjustable poles are no longer adjustable, doubtless for the same reason.
snow conditions
My (clicking / butt clenching on a chairlift poles) are ALWAYS the same brand / colourway as my skis . . . to use anything other (including Leki) would mess with my all conditions, perfect arcs . . . . . Toofy Grin
ski holidays
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3pIF1FIOXL/?igsh=MTczbGZueWp4N3JjcA==

This popped up on Instagram this morning...
ski holidays
swskier wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3pIF1FIOXL/?igsh=MTczbGZueWp4N3JjcA==

This popped up on Instagram this morning...

Probably promoted my a company that reupholsters chairlift seat pads
snow report
Nice to see the comments are a micro-version of this thread - I've been doing this for decades/ this is stupid/ corporate promo/ random non-sequitur /won't work /clearly works. etc.
snow conditions
Gordyjh wrote:
@Bones, it’s a holiday. If you don’t faff you get enough skiing to need a proper lunch…

Very late reply to this… it’s not a holiday for me. I live 300m from my nearest ski lift it’s not a holiday for me. All sorts of things happen on a ski lift for me that mean I can spend less time at home and more time skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy