Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyJet - equipment carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Richie_S wrote:
"sports equipment is considered separately and not included in the combined weight allowance of hold luggage".

"Just to clear things up, the weight of your sports gear is part of the total weight allowed for checked-in bags".

Clear as mud!

Canadian, rather than UK law... but Air Canada has just been told by the courts that a) if a chatbot says it, it becomes part of the contract, and b) if the chatbot contradicts other Ts and Cs, the chatbot can be viewed as "correct". https://www.theregister.com/2024/02/15/air_canada_chatbot_fine/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowdave, exactly. Completely contradictory - in the same email.

I’ll continue to follow up, til this is resolved properly. For now, it would appear they have admitted they owe a refund.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there any experience in booking the "large" 32KG sports equipment addition, to cover skis/snowboards which are usually identified as "small" 20kg?

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/sports-equipment

Previously I have selected "Snowboard" which has max 20kg - but last year I also got stung at GVA on the return as it was 22kg, and I had to pay excess.
This year I have instead identified my hold luggage as "Windsurfer" which is under the 32kg column.

I cannot see - is there an actual requirement that the sports equipment I am carrying is physically that which I identified it as at purchase? My 'windsurfer' is actually a 'snowboard'. Shocked
Anyone had GVA/easyjet check the contents of the bags?

(22kg snowboard bag as I pack mine and gf's boards/bindings/boots etc all in one bag..)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 20-09-24 13:15; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, 22kgs? What do you use a barn door?

I’ve never had anyone look in a ski bag but have always booked a”ski bag” and brought something that looked like a ski bag. Doubt if they’d be interested though if you have a windsurfer or not in there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@_SNOWHE_AD_S, i did it a couple of years ago with EJ, flying out of Gatwick to GVA, i was worried my (roller) ski bag with all my clobber in as well was going to be overweight, and paid for the 32kg.
just checked it in at the self service desks at Gatwick, then wheeled it down to the oversized baggage drop off, no one batted an eye lid
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, sounds like I should be alright taking my "wind/snow/surf/board" bag and no one will care. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
-whats inside?
-its a s-cough-board Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy