Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does a moderate amount of alcohol improve your performance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Garfield wrote:
pivoricardo wrote:
Crikey,
I got taken out by a 17 stone Swede in Monetier last year, we had sat and had lunch, him diet coke, me large sauv blanc...

Would you have went out with him if you had not had a drink though Shocked

Lol - great come back, love it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boofont wrote:
Garfield wrote:
pivoricardo wrote:
Crikey,
I got taken out by a 17 stone Swede in Monetier last year, we had sat and had lunch, him diet coke, me large sauv blanc...

Would you have went out with him if you had not had a drink though Shocked

Lol - great come back, love it! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just ten years late Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Garfield wrote:
Just ten years late Embarassed

True. You need to drink more. A moderate amount of alcohol will improve your performance so I've been told... Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, but what about your skiing?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brianatab wrote:
Ah, but what about your skiing?

Exactly. Click bait. I saw the title and came for the wrong reasons, searching for wisdom NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IME alcohol doesn't improve performance in any area of life but if you drink enough you don't give a FF. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^ I'll drink to that ^
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"back in the day" I'd usually have a couple of beers before going on stage. I found that it relaxed me, helped me to get in to the gig vibe and resulted in a better performance. No skiing was involved during these events.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dode wrote:
No. Alcohol impairs performance. I have read that some insurance companies will not pay out if you are skiing whilst over the limit (not sure what the limit is)

I do enjoy a bombardino, but I won't try to kid myself on that it makes me ski better.

I haven't read all 4 pages

Fear & nerves also impair performance for some people, especially beginners, I guess there is an equation where alcohol reduces performance directly, but improves performance indirectly, by reducing excessive fear & nerves.

I never had fear or nerves when skiing & never found alcohol to be beneficial.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
halfhand wrote:
"back in the day" I'd usually have a couple of beers before going on stage. I found that it relaxed me, helped me to get in to the gig vibe and resulted in a better performance. No skiing was involved during these events.

TBF I have known a few people, who could sometimes be over-anxious about their skiing and freeze up, who would be better after a small beer or glühwein at lunch (or earlier). Just helped them relax a little bit, both mentally and physically, and their skiing would be so much better afterwards. I'd hesitate to recommend it, but waaay back before my wife went off and did her BASI stuff, actually probably before she did the Ski Club reps' course, this would sometimes be something I might suggest to her.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
it should improve enjoyment!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy