Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2014/2015 (Folks that a Wrap 2014/15 season)

Poster: A snowHead
Any update on the new connections/lifts with zurs ftom the first posts of this thread?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sah wrote:
Toadman wrote:
stanton wrote:
Could of been a lot worse !

Good grief. What a bunch of jongs! So much wrong with that whole scene. It would be a great training video to show to an avy class, of what not to do when skiing off-piste. Stay safe out there folks.

And don't ski underneath the Zug Chair!!!

There's not a lot of awareness is there... looked like a couple of them just stopped to watch. I think I'd have pointed it and not stopped until I was well aware from that aspect.

standing and watching - amazing!! They weren't exactly 'hot' skiers either ... all very scary!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just got back from four days in St Anton. Had a couple of very foggy days Sunday and Monday but Tuesday was great, knee deep in places.

We flew into Zurich and caught the train to St Anton. Have to say the whole experience was great, Zurich Airport has to be the most relaxing airport in the world. No queues, lots of restaurants and bars. We stayed next to the station for the night and was paying 10 euros for a beer!

The slopes in St Anton were very busy, lots of very inexperienced skiers were getting caught out as many of the blues are steep and narrow.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Mildl Weather will continue for at leaat the next Five days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stanton, More snow and cooler temps before 20 February please wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yesterday Cable car incdident in Zurs (Wednesday)

TrittkopfSeilbahn (Cable car) I know someone who was on this Very Happy Very Happy

http://vorarlberg.orf.at/news/stories/2694203/

Yesterday the cabin stopped suddenly 45 people on board 17 metres above the ground 50 metres from the top station had to be evacuated. No one was hurt .

Police are investigating.

It is working again today.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29 wrote:

I'm relying on the fact that you always get snow to guarantee good conditions for early March when I arrive.

Random question for anyone out there at the moment... any idea who much Blizzard Bonafide skis are selling for - they seem to be on sale in the UK so I might buy before I fly (under £400 at some places).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sah wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

I'm relying on the fact that you always get snow to guarantee good conditions for early March when I arrive.

Random question for anyone out there at the moment... any idea who much Blizzard Bonafide skis are selling for - they seem to be on sale in the UK so I might buy before I fly (under £400 at some places).

Demo'd the Bones while in Lech. Really nice ski. I hear the 2015/'16 model is even better from early demo reports here in the States. Seems that bit of tip chatter when you get going has been reduced. Probably why they are on sale.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Toadman wrote:
sah wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

Demo'd the Bones while in Lech. Really nice ski. I hear the 2015/'16 model is even better from early demo reports here in the States. Seems that bit of tip chatter when you get going has been reduced. Probably why they are on sale.

Oh. Oh my. Wonder if any will be available by March? Hmmm.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/wK0ilqPiIFk

http://youtube.com/v/KOVphpn4Mnw
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here we come!!!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Redwine, enjoy!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sunny Days ahead !
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saturday. As always the best day of the week to be on
the hill.and its a perfect blue sky day Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's happening with the galzig and valuga bahns?

They are showing as not running this morning.
snow conditions
@stanton, where do u go on days like today. Piste are a bit scratchy, and just off is not good if it gets exposure. Shady parts were ok, and long lunch at st Christophe was pleasant.
snow report
@Redwine, head to Stuben, north facing and quieter than other areas so holds good snow.
snow conditions
@Redwine, North facing slopes in the morning.
Rendl, Stuben & also Zurs
latest report
Guys can someone tell me whats the story with the powerclub guiding?is there a day where you can get a gyide for 10 euro?
ski holidays
@jicjoc, Powder Club is €115 per day. Not sure where you get the €10 figure from?

http://www.powderclub.at/en/guiding-lessons/guiding-powder-light.html
snow conditions
Thats what i thought too but one of my friends was saying there is some way with some company or group to get cheap guiding in san anton... Maybe its a community based thing...
ski holidays
jicjoc wrote:
Thats what i thought too but one of my friends was saying there is some way with some company or group to get cheap guiding in san anton... Maybe its a community based thing...

If someone has already booked and paid for a private guide then sometimes it's possible to add another person to the group for a small cost, that could be €10. Maybe that's what they heard but misinterpreted it? The full cost would still be well over €300, probably over €400 if it was a larger group. There are never bargains in St Anton Sad
snow conditions
Yes please.....arriving in Warth 21st Very Happy

http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/berg/
ski holidays
Markymark29 wrote:

You're always doing this!!! Happy
snow report
Possible Snow at the Weekend ...

Folks I am now Rocky Mountain High during the Silly Season (Kids Holidays)..

If I hear things I will post....
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

We arrive in Lech on 19th. Fingers crossed Wink
snow conditions
+1 22nd
snow conditions
Great forecast looming for next week.....pow-Woche!! ...Toofy Grin

http://www.bergfex.com/warth-schroecken/wetter/berg/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
Great forecast looming for next week.....pow-Woche!! ...Toofy Grin

http://www.bergfex.com/warth-schroecken/wetter/berg/

Even allowing for Bergfex's over-optimism (especially that far out), it's good to see the current settled phase is breaking up and more snow arriving. Happy
snow report
Someone else reads the Bergfex forecast wink

http://youtube.com/v/VZKHNr3ZPEY
ski holidays
@DB, Laughing
snow report
@Markymark29, got any spare beds.....
ski holidays
Mid point in trip and recommendations from evryone here essential, so thank you many times over.

Quick review to date. They need snow badly here. Not only has it not snowed for a while but it's insanely warm.

Day one, mostly piste around st anton. Was ok, views incredible. Piste hard and icey, just off piste not worth destroying your knees unless it's all out of the sun.

Day 2. Weiss ring, what a fun thing, got lost so many times but part of the adventure. Snow better in zurs, loved zug, but didn't have time to find Stanton terrace rec as I got us super lost and wasn't even 1/2 way through ring. Lunch on mtn in lech, busy but fun. Lech piste were pretty mushy, back to zurs and 2.30 bus. Not crowded, magic carpet to lift back to st anton. Run #4 to be avoided at all cost in afternoon. But a fun day. My daughter was all into the adventure and watching dad struggle with the massive trail map.

Day 3, off piste guide, just me and my 11 year old. First time off piste for her, no fear, just wish there was more snow. Hinterre rendl, what fun. Not good conditions, but still what off piste is about. Slow day b/c of the little one, but that's fine. Guide looked for off piste even when not worth it. Little disastrous late in day for me, stupid accident from heavy snow, tore a calf muscle, end of day. Not even a fall in my book. Saw clinic, and MRI, taking today off with Phisio. Hoping guide tomorrow will work, fingers crossed.

Food has been good, on mtn and off. Went to train place for schnitzel, bodegas for tapas, Aquila, and pomodoro. Also hospice in st Christophe for lunch.

I love this place. Just wish snow was better. 2 more ski days, calf muscle willing.
latest report
@Redwine, such bad luck getting injured, I hope you can ski a bit more. Sadly you seem to have just missed the great snow, it sounds like the Foehn has done it's worst - warming everything up so that it can re-freeze to crud. It can happen at any time; I was there in mid Jan once and had a day of boiler plate at all altitudes and all aspects followed the next day by 30cm of fresh...

Run #4 is Steisbachtal, or "Happy Valley" to English speakers (no idea why). Yes, it's a horror show late on. Best to avoid it - either ski Kandahar (black 2), or the ski route 2a. If all else fails ski across to Tanzboden on 4a, take that up and the Galzigbahn down.
ski holidays
@Redwine, do they really need new snow badly or is it just that the off piste has been affected by the weather? I don't see any bare patches on the low down runs that start appearing in March/April and the snow depth appears to be officially reported as 63cm / 229cm for the lower and upper slopes.

If it stays sunny and warm, then follow the sun. South facing slopes in the morning, north facing in the afternoon...and hopefully your guide will find some nice spring snow for you!
snow report
@Redwine, Sorry to hear your bad luck with the injury

@kitenski, I think its just that the offpiste is cruddy, usually happens when it warms up, should be OK after next week and also the pistes look fine. They were in great condition when we left 10 days ago.
ski holidays
@kitenski, the pistes in Lech & Zurs are in pretty decent condition IMO. The easily-accessible off-piste is variable but still good in places, although the powder is obviously long gone. I wouldn't say they need snow badly here from a piste perspective, but I do have a strong sense of 'I wish I'd been here last week' or 'I wish I was here after the next dump'!
latest report
I guess perspective. There is snow in the piste. It's not great snow. It needs to be worked overnight to Corderoy or else it's icy as it is so crazy warm here. There are a lot or bare spots in area that I guess get Bare early. There are no bare patches on the pistes. I think if u ski piste you have to be done early. It's gets soupy after 2 and is smash your acl type of snow. Clinic was overrun with the same stories of a caught ski that caused a twisted leg etc. kinda happened to me, but I would say it was more a bad luck twist.

Off piste is variable. Can't go to sunny areas. Bumps are hard. Lots of scratchy stuff to get to better areas. Found some corn but only on short runs. The harder snowy stuff is ok. It's less than optimal, but if ur a 1/2 full vs 1/2 empty person will influence ur view. No doubt this place would be awesome with pow.
ski holidays
Oh yeah. And it is insanely crowded here this week.
ski holidays
@Redwine, no surprise there, almost the whole of Europe has a school holiday this week.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy