Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz / Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel - 2007/8

Poster: A snowHead
dandtd,
Avoriaz will be fantastic (hope so I'm there from 31st ) Morzine,Les Gets and Chatel all look good with quite abit of snow forecast for next fri. Either way you'd need a Major disaster for Avoriaz not to be very good at end of Jan You'll have a great time.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SP1R1T, I reckon you're right there!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dandtd, I was a little worried too, the nice widescreen webcam hasn't updated since yesterday morning so I hope when they do it will all still be nice and white Smile 13 sleeps to go!!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SP1R1T, "major disaster" - please don't tempt fate...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

SP1R1T, "major disaster" - please don't tempt fate...

Nah ---I'm very optomistic that all will be fine, no need for too much doom and gloom this season ............Fingers crossed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SP1R1T wrote:
dandtd,
Avoriaz will be fantastic (hope so I'm there from 31st ) Morzine,Les Gets and Chatel all look good with quite abit of snow forecast for next fri. Either way you'd need a Major disaster for Avoriaz not to be very good at end of Jan You'll have a great time.

Don't really want snow next friday..... want blue skies and sunshine.... at least till next sunday then you can have more snow

If you hadn't guessed we're there on friday.......
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any news today? On the webcam is looks sunny! Did yesterday's rain do much damage?

Can anyone tell me which is the best weather forecast website in English for Avoriaz? Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jo66, I pulled together a load of the different Avoriaz forecasts here, so far comparing the comments on here and the different forecasts I would have said Snow-Forecast has been the most accurate (but only the 3 day one is available free). I must say though that your best bet is to keep an eye on these threads, there are some very clever and very accurate people on snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UPDATE - Tuesday 8th January - just coming back from a great morning skiing in Avoriaz. Blue skies, cold, well groomed pistes and some fresh stuff higher up. Weather is due to cahnge significantly this weekend. Haevy snow on Friday and Sturday with a brief interlude of sunny spells on Sunday before furhter snow on Monday and into the week.

Jo66, Best forecast for that part of the alps is http://www.meteo-chamonix.org/ then go to Previsions. You have to be able to read French but it is very accurate and also informative.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jo66, I think the forecast snowandtrek mentions can be found translated into English via the Avoriaz website on the weather page, but it then links to this page

Edit: Nope, sorry the above is a different forecast... here is the one snowandtrek mentions (translated *badly* into English by the googlebot)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 8-01-08 16:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We've had to change our trip in March due to accomadation issues so we're coming to Morzine again this year snowHead Is the Burton stash still due to open soon?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly - The Stash is effectively open - although I think the "official" opening is later this month.

I'm told that the "picnic table" is particularly fine - if that's your thang.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski-finder, This is link is poetry.... "The parade of disturbances Atlantiques persist throughout next week with a fluctuation always very marked the boundary rain / snow at the whim of ripples" Fantastic (and I did read "nipples" first time too) Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhillipStanton, I like the idea behind it, although I'm not a fan of burton, it's got to be worth a couple of runs through.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll be in Avoriaz/Montriond from Fri lunchtime for 2 1/2 days skiing. I'm glad snow is forecast but I hope there won't be that much it'll stop us skiing! Anyone out there Fri/Sat/Sun?
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, Humph. "The Stash". Bah. Waste of a perfectly good bumps run if you ask me.

And, not that I know anything about it, but the "furniture" all seemed remarkably unused even though there were lots of riders of both types in the "Stash" - too gnarly for them perhaps?

snowandtrek, I keep an eye on that site (don't you just love the photographs?) but my percaption is that the "Official" Chamonix met site is better at least short range. I get the impression that the "alternative" met-cham guys are tied a little more closely to the models?
latest report
David Murdoch - didn't say I liked it. In fact, completely agree. Bah, humbug, etc.
snow report
David Murdoch, didn't feel an urge to show them how to use it?

It's not really my cup of tea but then again neither are bumps runs. I definately prefer the idea to normal snowparks though.
latest report
ski-finder, and anyone else for that matter - what's the link to the web cam. I've found some that are really only photos taken by a web cam.....

Jo66, don't knolw if its accurate but www.j2ski.com and work your way through the links seems encouraging
snow conditions
dandtd, Goto http://www.trinum.com/ibox/avoriaz/webcam/panoramiqueHD.htm
latest report
Is it just me, or does it look like its very wet in Avoriaz today??? I head out there this sat and got the usual soggy snow worries

Also,

Is it abnormal to check the webcams every five mins, knowing fine that there will be no significant changes
ski holidays
I'm off to Chatel next Wednesday for the weekend. Did someone mention snow being forecast for this weekend? I'd love that to be true. Can anyone confirm it, please?? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
???? Myself and 5 friends are visiting Morzine area for 4 days skiing in Feb. We have skied in Morzine twice before. The first year we just had the Morzine/les gets ski pass. Last year we had the Portes de soleil pass. However, we only went to Avoriaz once during the week, so I don't think it was worth paying the extra. I am in two minds about what pass to go for this time. I don't want to pay out for a PDS pass and then not use it. Equally i don't want to be in the position of wishing I had got one cos we get bored with the Morzine/LG area.
Can any one tell me where I can compare the prices of the PDS 4 day lift pass with a Morzine lift pass. I have searched the net but can't seem to find consistently accurate info on this.
Any thoughts on which pass to go for? We are a group of 3 intermediates and 3 experienced who want to ski together where poss. In the past we all had our kids with us which limited the ski possibilities, but next month we are going without them. Yipeee Happy

Thanks for any advice.
snow conditions
Tony Lane,
Quote:

I'm off to Chatel next Wednesday for the weekend. Did someone mention snow being forecast for this weekend? I'd love that to be true. Can anyone confirm it, please??

Looking at snow -forecast there is 25 cm approx forecast for Chatel between now and Monday !!! Have a good one .
ski holidays
hubblebubble, you can find the Avoriaz and PDS prices on the Avoriaz website here and the Morzine/Les Get prices here. These are both the official ski pass websites, so you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere, but they should be correct.
snow report
ski-finder wrote:
hubblebubble, you can find the Avoriaz and PDS prices on the Avoriaz website here and the Morzine/Les Get prices here. These are both the official ski pass websites, so you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere, but they should be correct.

Nice one - thanks.
Where are they cheaper - and is it by much? We're in Morzine thurs pm for 3 full days - fri / sat / sun - no passes yet - want the PdS pass.
snow conditions
Quote:

Thanks for that. Most useful. Is it cheaper to buy online in advance or in resort?
snow conditions
SP1R1T wrote:
Tony Lane,
Quote:

I'm off to Chatel next Wednesday for the weekend. Did someone mention snow being forecast for this weekend? I'd love that to be true. Can anyone confirm it, please??

Looking at snow -forecast there is 25 cm approx forecast for Chatel between now and Monday !!! Have a good one .

Nice one, I haven't signed up for the 6 day forecasts this year, and was getting impatient to know!

Sounds perfect.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hubblebubble, when we looked into the Avoriaz/PDS pass it was cheaper to pre-book but you can only do that for 6+ day passes. When are you going? I'm there on the 21st Jan! Very Happy
ski holidays
coming over tonight until monday. Snow can't be any worse than this time last year and hopefully my flights will be a little better. Got grounded in the storms last january and flew a day later. Hopefully we'll make it to babettes for lunch as well
snow report
just realised that although the subjct matter states 2007/2008 there's are posts from the 2006/2007 season. can someone separate for any other future newbies that plough through 20 odd pages before getting to where theywant to be!!?

some more (recent) pictures would be nice too!
snow report
dandtd, if you click the last page you will get the latest posts. I think PhillipStanton wanted to keep the historic posts as a bit of nostalgia...
ski holidays
ski-finder wrote:
dandtd, if you click the last page you will get the latest posts. I think PhillipStanton wanted to keep the historic posts as a bit of nostalgia...

I am nothing if not nostalgic wink

Apologies, I've got some photos, but work has been hectic and I've not managed to sort them out yet.

But I'm out at the weekend and will do some photos then.
ski holidays
BTW - if anyone fancies a beer on Saturday night then drop me a PM.
latest report
PhillipStanton, how do you spot a snowHead ?
ski holidays
I don't know, ski-finder, how do you spot a snowHead? wink
snow conditions
PhillipStanton, it wasn't meant to be a joke... although it now does require a punch line...

Q: How do you spot a snowHead ?
A: They will be first on the slopes, last off the slopes and yet will almost certainly be the first person at the bar!

Got a better answer? On a postcard to..... PhillipStanton wink
ski holidays
ski-finder, yes I do know you can click straight to last page but if you want to see where December 2007 starts you have to wade through a load of posts. better to have that on 1st page and archive the rest of the stuff to somehwere else. Besides when I 1st found the post I was through to page 10 before I realised it was on about 2006 (my browser pushes date and time off to the right so hides it a bit). I'm sure newbies would do the same and also people just browsing that don't have a sign on don't see the date. And another thing.....!!!!

PhillipStanton, Photees would be nice! Do you live there or a constant traveller? I think it was you who was instrumental in me choosing Avoriaz so if you're around between 29/1 and 2/2 I'll buy you a beer (half mind!).

ski-finder, you hum it and I'll play it. Oops wrong joke!
latest report
dandtd, You staying at Av. we will be in St Jean from 30th. Condtions look like they could be quite good for us by then
ski holidays
SP1R1T, yes we're in Avoriaz from the 29th for 4 nights and then on the p!ss in Geneva for a night as well!!!! Thought you weren't out until the 31st according to top of page! Yes it is looking good. Better than last year in Serre!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy