Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800 accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having made up our minds to go to Les Arcs 1800, I'm struggling to find decent catered chalet accommodation (I'm a Scott Dunn kinda girl) for our group visiting in January. Failing this, I see from Les Arcs tourist brochure there are only 3 hotels there (the Hotel Du Golf looks interesting, but pictures of the bedrooms grim), otherwise it seems mostly apartment buildings.

Have any Snowheads stayed in a catered chalet or hotel they would recommend? I need to get something booked in the next couple of weeks. Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks. wink

PS: 1950 or 2000 weren't ruled out, but 1800 got the vote.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beverley, can't give a personal recommendation but these people might help for a catered chalet (found on Google)...
http://www.lesarcschalets.co.uk/index.asp
Click on the search button without selecting anything else to see which chalets are located in which sections of the resort. 56 in total. If no-one comes up with anything better, a phone call or email to these guys might solve your problem.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beverly,went this year and we stayed at Les Alpages de Chantel

http://www.residences-mgm.com/vacances-hiver/ski-france.htm

Self catered appart/hotel thought they were very good.

For your giude though these are 2 blocks,try to specify block 1 as this is where ski hire/restuarant is based and also the ski in/out is easier
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for both of these links, they look really helpful. Particularly the les arcs chalet one.

Ahhh....Snowheads saves the day again!! wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beverley, if you're interested in the MGM development in Arc 1800 I have a small apartment there which I rent to snowHeads. More details by clicking on the link in my signature.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Beverley - have stayed at the Du Golf - and having stayed at many hotels in the Alps of various different (including much lower) star ratings - it is probably the only hotel I wouldnt go back to.
a) Bedrooms are huge but you are right - kinda retro 60s tired decor (unless they have redecorated)
b) I thought food was very mediocre - massive dining rooms - heaving
Not sure if others agree... but I'd look for a chalet or appt. Good luck
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you very much Rob for the info. The MGM development does look lovely and its just a shame it isn't a catered chalet. There will be a group of us going (numbers yet undecided) and I know we all decided on catered accommodation or a hotel. The thought of making my own porridge on holiday is unthinkable Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beverley wrote:
The thought of making my own porridge on holiday is unthinkable Shocked

Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk,

Quick, start up a catering service, there's obviously demand! I can lend you some old recipe book! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boredsurfin, I'm not entirely sure that would be a good idea! Breakfast would be OK (providing everyone liked my favourite skiing breakfast of porridge with banana and honey), but after that my culinary skills would rapidly hit a brick wall (in every sense of the term).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, BTW, how was France last week? Find anything you liked?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Beverley,

add milk, bung in micro-onde, nae bother. snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A Scot owning up to making his national dish in the microwave?! Goodness, standards are slipping up there Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

(I'm a Scott Dunn kinda girl)

Beverley, I am in need of a "sugar mummy", any chance?. I'm not good, but I am quick"
latest report
 brian
brian
Beverley, in France I'd be pigging on pain au chocolat anyway wink

... but it does work well in the micro. Mind you, my mother-in-law's still steeping oatmeal overnight, the whole bit rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy