Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Debutant

Poster: A snowHead
IMS Prior to your lesson with Rob you assessed yourself at level 4 - 5 on IOS site's "Whats My Level" scale
A beginner in my book is someone who has never skied before at all
I think you're an Improver - Early IntermIdiot (an ugly one) wink lol
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franzClammer wrote:
IMS Prior to your lesson with Rob you assessed yourself at level 4 - 5 on IOS site's "Whats My Level" scale
A beginner in my book is someone who has never skied before at all
I think you're an Improver - Early IntermIdiot (an ugly one) wink lol

I have you know my mother said I was handsome lol
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your level scale umm let me think oh yes I think your BASI level 1 at least Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nah I'm still an ICBM apparently.. NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
franzClammer, I see Hemel do absolute beginner's classes, which is what I'm looking at for my buddy. Much nicer to fall on snow than on plastic, in my humble opinion!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Neraida, if unsure speak to Scooby Simon he is an Instructor at Hemel snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks! Half price too at the mo, which really helps as he's a tight wad!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Off to Hemel sat with franz, I have to make sure I practice me drills. Every week I go I try to stick to me drills and get caught up with the thrill if shooting down the slope and reinforcing me bad habits. This weeks lesson will be the snow plough as I am amazed at my self for not knowing how. Lol say hi if your there I am a nice fella and I don't bite. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have fun! I'm on lawn mowing duty this weekend Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

http://youtube.com/v/Igm2ryJgfsU
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good arm position dude
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
franzClammer wrote:
Good arm position dude
Lol 100 runs sat and I get my arms right for one of them lol was a good day lots of fun 😄am still struggling with raining in the speed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Neraida wrote:
Have fun! I'm on lawn mowing duty this weekend Very Happy
thank you a bit belated Embarassed was a brilliant day lots of fun am becoming as addicted as franz Very Happy did the sun stay out for your mowing. Lol
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to a farmers jam on Friday with franz, a weekend of camping, music, beer, skiing 😄and I assume looking at the new tractor and harvester ranges
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Was the vid taken on Saturday? What time?
DAMN....It was almost empty!! rolling eyes
snow conditions
This clip was taken during the last hour, it started to thin out by then, it was quite busy for most of the day,
snow report
For the last two Saturdays we have been, its been crazy not only on the slope, waiting in the queues for the button is the frustrating bit. Will have to think about staying over Friday nights so I can get in for when it opens, Toofy Grin
snow report
Happychap, Why wait til it opens? You need FC's ol skool sarf lundun 'skillz' to wiggle your way in after midnight Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
ALQ, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/iIgGizYja70
latest report
Thanks for the movie Franz, had a really good session Saturday, really long session I will say legs killing me still lol
I am not sure how much I am progressing and if in the right direction, but feels much better and I made sure I spent more time on drills this week and hope it starts showing. Very Happy
ski holidays
Still a bit backseat IMO. Freeze frame at 1:41 and you'll see what I mean. Your lower leg is vertical out of your boots, which must be killing your quads. Flex from your ankles, knees ahead of toes and keep up with the lessons. beep beep Laughing
latest report
Looking good! Relax a bit more and you'll lost the pain in your legs and move with more flexibility Smile
latest report
SLOW DOWN NehNeh Laughing HAVE A LESSON NehNeh Laughing
snow report
Am getting slower every week I go and am getting lessons now (youtube) I have found to be doing some amazing clinics at greatly reduced prices Free 😄lol
snow report
Maybe a few JD's will sort out the stiffness and help
With the relaxation 😄
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/yz_yLD6OZ_c
snow conditions
Happychap, Looking better for sure. Still backseat though.
I thought you skied much better without poles...much smoother turns. Do more of those 2 pole plant drills...much more...and finish your turns Wink
Have you tried the teabagging....errr, i mean....teapotting drill (1 hand pushing on outside hip while other arm high n wide)?

see ya soon
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happychap, you've earned a masochism medal for doing 12 hours straight in a snowdome Toofy Grin
snow report
...he was seated for most of it though Laughing Laughing
snow report
Cheers for the footage Franz, I am really trying hard to slow down and start at the basics honest I AM Very Happy, Saying that I still stand at the top of the slope and think right do this drill until I have it, and after two turns it all goes out of the window, still my confidence continues to grow so that's something Very Happy
latest report
Raceplate wrote:
Happychap, you've earned a masochism medal for doing 12 hours straight in a snowdome Toofy Grin

Lol 12 hours of consolidating my bad habits, not forgetting my knees disliking me for two days after Very Happy
ski holidays
ALQ wrote:
Happychap, Looking better for sure. Still backseat though.
I thought you skied much better without poles...much smoother turns. Do more of those 2 pole plant drills...much more...and finish your turns Wink
Have you tried the teabagging....errr, i mean....teapotting drill (1 hand pushing on outside hip while other arm high n wide)?

see ya soon

not tried that drill as yet I am sure Franz will once I have mastered the Plough Parallel, I am struggling with the drills I know now let alone taking more on to confuse me lol Very Happy
snow report
Laughing Laughing
I tell you, from bitter experience, getting rid of bad habits is a nightmare!!
Well, with your hands on hips drill, you're almost there with teapotting wink
I reckon your plough parallels are as good as Franz...yours have a smoother transition IMO.
Could be time to dump the ol goat and go with a pro NehNeh
latest report
ALQ, Do you think his skis are a bit far apart? That was what I thought on looking at the video. There is of course every chance that I also do it myself so I shouldn't pick holes, but I did wonder if things would be easier with his skis closer together?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 30-10-13 11:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Megamum, Not sure about that...IMO he looks balanced and quite comfortable on skis, so I'm not sure it's an issue. Lots of good things going on...he's in control, steady consistent unrushed S (-ish) turns. Just needs to stop skiing like a constipated robot...but that could be his instructor's influence Laughing NehNeh

Well, from your last outdoor vid I saw, you used to do it snowHead
snow report
ALQ, Very Happy Obviously me just seeing something that isn't there then. Cool

Quote:

Well, from your last outdoor vid I saw, you used to do it

Very Happy

I recall taking a lesson in Austria a couple of years ago and the instructor spent the whole lesson encouraging me to ski with my feet progressively closer together - to the point where they felt much too close together and I never thought I would get them around the bends. At the time the instructor gave me the impression he was really pleased with how I did in the finish, but it felt as though I was skiing like the old shots of folks on 2.2m straight skis about 25 years ago. It didn't feel right and I don't think I have skied with my feet that close together ever since.

The last few times inside though I have been concentrating on getting weight over the inside edge of the outside ski on the turn and that, more than anything, has helped. I still have to consciously move both skis as a pair (hopefully that thought process will vanish in time), but the fact that there is now more weight on the outside ski seems to make the inside one light enough to then align with less effort. As a result I think I am now skiing properly parallel for the first time ever (rob@rar will let me know the next time I see him), but Boy! was it a long time coming. It wasn't until I finally did something right and could feel the difference that I perceived what I hadn't been doing (chicken and egg scenario). Finally, I think I am making progress again. Very Happy

I would say to anyone that if your instructors try to get you onto your outside ski on a turn it is probably because you are not doing so (and it's amazing how long it took me to realise that I wasn't despite a fair few lessons) and it is well worth persevering with as it makes such a huge difference.
snow report
Megamum,
Quote:
Do you think his skis are a bit far apart? I'm not often aware of people skiing with an A frame,

Yes, he is a little wide and no, he doesn't have an A frame. Please don't introduce paranoia.
snow report
Megamum wrote:
...the instructor spent the whole lesson encouraging me to ski with my feet progressively closer together...

Well that's a first wink
snow conditions
Raceplate, OK, post edited Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy