Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

poor judgment

Poster: A snowHead
Yup, tried smearing both jam and custard over myself at the same time. Although she laughed, I doubt it helped. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timbobaggins, haven't you got that backward?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Custard before jam every time. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, said..
Quote:

an award for "First post that makes the biggest imact of the year"

Oh, what a good idea. Personally it takes little courage to shout loudly about not getting what you want, my children try it all the time. It takes much more strength to stand up and say that one is wrong. That is something my kids do with prompting. I wonder if his Mum saw what he had done...

First rule, when in a hole stop digging. simon2791, stopped digging and then apologised. Given the huge amusement he has caused and the subsequent apology I actually feel quite positively disposed towards him. I can still see the massive hole though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simon2791 wrote:
There is no conspiracy theory here, I haven't been pressured into anything by anyone, I have finally calmed down and although it is too little too late, I realise that I was wrong and made a mistake. I am genuinely sorry to have used your thread in this way and I regret the entire episode. Timbobagins comment helped me to get some perspective and now I am just hoping to move on.

I quite like this.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
but it would ring so much more true if he'd just told us what happened, rather than going back and editing posts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
but it would ring so much more true if he'd just told us what happened, rather than going back and editing posts.

Would you believe anything he said now?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Possibly - would depend.....but re-writing history is not the way to go about it. So, not convinced.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how very odd.

Wont be adding to the "well dones" just yet though as I still have no idea what actually happened. Id rather the OP be a knob and stick to his guns if he was wronged, than backtrack as he's had compensation and been told to shut up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I still have no idea what actually happened

exactly. And why should we care, ultimately?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, because the OP started his thread to warn others about the company that had supposedly let him down. If they did let him down then he should stick to his guns and not go quiet as hes had financial compensation - if they didnt let him down then he needs to be grovelling more than he is
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
pam w, because the OP started his thread to warn others about the company that had supposedly let him down. If they did let him down then he should stick to his guns and not go quiet as hes had financial compensation - if they didnt let him down then he needs to be grovelling more than he is

Out of court settlement. Given some compo in exchange for shutting up.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, if either party has the guts to come here and tell the unvarnished, all kudos to them (everyone makes mistakes). If neither of them does, then a plague on both their houses. In the absence of any other convincing information I shall stick to my initial interpretation - two blokes with attitude. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

two blokes with attitude. wink

possibly 3 Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Takes guts to apologise. Respect. And you still got us 10% discount, so respect and thanks!
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
If they did let him down then he should stick to his guns and not go quiet as hes had financial compensation -

I suspect the Op is more than a little bit embarrassed...after making such a fuss over something that could have easily been resolved by simply checking his card payments...

speculation of course, as we don't know whether a compensation payment was made or not.
ski holidays
Haven't ploughed thru all 14 pages of the 2 threads but just in case no one has pointed out the obvious, Simon2791 and Chamexpress are in fact one and the same person and I claim my 5 % discount.

To the doubters I pose this question - have you ever seen them together?
snow report
All
Does this really matter? The matter is resolved, to what seems to be the satisfaction of both parties. Further comment on the matter serves no purpose.

We can if we want use the service of the company named here or not. Endless comments on the OP or his character, frame of mind, occupation etc is in my opinion, unjust, and just as wrong as some of his actions as evidenced by the first post.
We all like to ski-let's go back to talking about skiing!

For the record, I have no connection with this event.
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose wrote:

We all like to ski-let's go back to talking about skiing!

Hmmm.....you are right of course! rolling eyes

Can somebody move this to Apres? wink
snow report
I would like to add that one or both of the thread should be locked before someone says something libellous or slanderous! I am all for free speech etc but I see no point in further commentary on this.
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose, Hi Simon
snow conditions
Kaisr Sose, no objections to moving to apres, but I do think clarity is needed either from the OP or from Cham.
snow conditions
Thornyhill wrote:
Kaisr Sose, Hi Simon

Ha ha....
There is always one joker, but sorry to dissapoint, I am not Simon.
snow conditions
ansta1, Surely, the Mods have the right to move/lock posts without ref to posters. Will leave it at that.
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose, but why? I don't get why you are so concerned. If you have no connection with the event, why would you want it moved or locked? Would you like ALL threads locked just in case someone says something libellous?
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose, I am sure the forum (G)mods can do what they will, and if they choose, to move it to Apres then that is their decision. I feel the position needs clarifiying either way.
ski holidays
How bizarre Confused I see no reason at all why these threads should be locked or moved. That's not how snowHeads is normally moderated.
latest report
Bode Swiller, as far as I am aware, snowheads could be shut down for hosting or allowing libellous content be displayed or dispersed. It seemed important to say that. Of course, you are entitled to a different view on my post or what I posted about.

I am happy to leave the matter with the Mods.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaisr Sose, At this point it would be very difficult to write something libelous about either party and there are caches of the original complete thread.
ski holidays
Kaisr Sose, again, why would YOU be concerned about that? Have a little read through some of the toe-curling stuff that's gone on since Feb 2004 and you'll see that the Simon W. v ChamExpress is very tame.
snow report
pam w wrote:

Let's accept it. He came here to get the attention of Chamexpress. He did.

He probably got the compensation he was after too.

It's not his job to tell the rest what happened. He didn't come here to do us a free public service. He only did it to get the compensation. Now that he got it, and probably as a condition of the compensation is to remove what he wrote, don't see why he wouldn't remove it.

I don't quite get why is everybody up in arms about his "re-writing history". If you don't want something NOT to disappear on this forum, quote it so it becomes part of your post. The mod can still remove it. But at least the OP can't just remove it.

If the OP is still reading, I would suggest he make a donation to snowhead, to make sure this venue still be around next time he needs to get the attention of another establishmet.
latest report
Bode Swiller, I said you are free to have your views on this.
Basically, I would not want snowheads closed or sanctioned over something like this. Whats so wrong or ulterior about that? I don't care about either party involved here. If the mods want to keep the post going-that's fine.
ski holidays
simon2791 wrote:
Sorry.

What's the story? He has changed the title of thread and his opening post.

Like some of his countrymen knows how to manipulate media.

Grand that you're sorry but once again, this way of doing it, changing title and opening post so that the following replies seem to make no sense, is just all wrong!

I thought this was a new thread.
snow report
This has become a complete load of old rubbish. Sad
ski holidays
(Apologies if this already pointed out but I am completely lost and hoping this will disappear soon)
ski holidays
patricksh wrote:
What's the story?

We'll probably never know. (Unless he comes on a snowHead bash and we get him drunk and vulnerable Little Angel )

Quote:
I thought this was a new thread.

I guess most of us wondered how a thread had appeared and grown so long in so short a time.

Oh well. Nothing to see after all ....
latest report
Agreed Paedantica, you just don't get the quality of threads these days. Not like in the good old days when a bit of snowfall could cause a diversion to Milan leading to a flamewar that probably contributed to global warming. I bet Simon never even posted on Mumsnet.
snow conditions
thirty06, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I can't see the mods locking the thread but they will certainly have created an in-depth psycological profile for the OP Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Kaisr Sose wrote:
Bode Swiller, I said you are free to have your views on this.
phew, that's a relief, I barely slept.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy