Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

off piste in Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Going on the 5th of jan for the first time. Any good guides and easy access runs.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is an excellant Vamos Guide Book (also covers Les Deuz Alpes & La Grave).

One of the best all round resorts in the world, green in resort, then blue, then red, then black, then silly, with great tree skiing off to the sides.
Enjoy.
If the budget stretches to a guide, try a day in La Grave.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here is a good start:

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too have a copy of the Vamos guide book and strongly recommend it. A good place to start is from the top of the Domme des Pettites Rousse (cable car from Vaujany). From here you have easy access to: Couloir de Fluer; The PErrins; The Fare Couloir; Couloir 263; and host of others. All of these finish either in the Vaujany ski area or at the cable car half way station. Routes can be view at the following link http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Isere-Drome/Alpe-D-Huez-Grandes-Rousses-Off-Piste
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pic Blanc to the Refuge du Col de Sarenne via Combe du Loup on the photo above is a very nice run. From the (very posh) refuge, you skate along the edge of the cliffs and down onto the lower section of what I assume is the Sarenne black run. It's well worth it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any recommendations for guides in AdH please ?

I have the book and many years ago would have just gone off and done this stuff but now I have responsibilities I will not be doing this on my own and the wife doesn't do off-piste
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dsoutar, Arno, I do not know whether I am mixing things up here but Combe Charbonniere is now a marked and patrolled run accessed from the top of marmottes 2. (Comes out by the big lodge place ?) Not pisted though. One of my favourites.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitow, think it's been a marked but un-pisted run all the time I have been visiting the area
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just bumping to see if anyone has recommendations for guide services in AdH this Easter
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dsoutar, are you looking for a full day's guiding? Vaujany ski school used to do private off piste lessons which were good value for a couple of hours. when i did it, you basically lapped the Dome des Rousses, which gives some excellent (and quite wild given it is straight off a lift) terrain.
i have used Anthony Franklin in that area but not for a few years now
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, at least half a day but I'm sure I can get away with a full day (or maybe even more, pennies permitting). We are visiting my youngest who is on her second season there as a ski host so my wife will have company
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dsoutar, pretty sure Horizon went with a guide through the Guides Bureau who he thought was pretty good. Maybe worth dropping him a PM?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The bureaux de guide was pretty helpful when we were there, although they don't do per person rates they did offer to put a group together with some other people who had enquired so we could split the cost of the guide between us.

The guide was called Matthieu, he was excellent.

If you want to do this go there on your first day so they have chance to see if there are others willing to share.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
doustar, I've done tons of off-piste with Boris Debeaune, he's a guide *and* ski instructor and probably the best guy in the La Grave - Alpe d'huez Deux-Alpes area!

Drop him an email, say I sent you!

debeauneboris AT yahoo DOT fr

We did some amazing stuff together!

Ciao,
Bob.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Also Quentin Delavignette in the bureau des guides, very good, though be sure to specify exactly where you want to go - pyramide, sablat, cerisier etc
If you ask to go where the snow is still fresh, he'll have you roped up and dropping over some terrifying places when yu were just hoping for some lovely powdery, meadowy run. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
dsoutar, pretty sure Horizon went with a guide through the Guides Bureau who he thought was pretty good. Maybe worth dropping him a PM?

Yep, I went with Quentin Delavignette, also mentioned above, I definitely liked skiing with him.
ski holidays
Another shout for Quentin, top bloke. Not sure about Vaujany but ESF in Oz organise OP days which are often open to whoever fancies joining the group, hopefully me next week!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy