Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach/Hinterglemm Official unofficial 2012-2013 Thread....As requested );o)

Poster: A snowHead
Piccadilly wrote:
^ it's also the only way I can cheer myself up from my impending birthday milestone!!

Well HB for whenever it is (it could've been mentioned but, like much, there's a bit of a recall issue).

Quote:
It's been a while (Val 'dIsere excepted) that I've been so desperate to go back to a resort. Saalbach does have a strange effect on you!

Most peculiar - have you seen TT's pics yet. Only served to increase determination to return Laughing

Laughing Laughing just started snowing here as I type Twisted Evil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, has he put them on Facebook? If so I'll get the OH to get the page up for me. I can't wait to see all the GoPro footage, especially from the Hinterhag Alm.

Snowing here too, in a sh*tty, sleety kind of way.

(BTW BD isn't til April, I will be commiserating at the EoSB)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, they're on FB.

Laughing A double dose of skiing to get you over the milestone? Sympathy...gone wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chewy192, we paid £330 each from Manchester, transfers, b&b.
If you chose DIY do get in touch with Tatmans Tours. As you may have read he is an excellent ski host as well as landlord.
Piccadilly, Chasseur, it certainly does things to you Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ianbradders, TT mentioned your name in passing last week - you didn't live/work in Hampshire a few years back by any chance?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chasseur, Thats worrying. Puzzled
Never been around that neck of the woods. Well been through on my way to the ferry loads.
I wont delve any deeper for fear of what was said. Puzzled
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

where to go for my next week

Puzzled
Quote:

Will probably be a Mark Warner though

Puzzled Puzzled But Mark Warner don't do Saalbach Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

If you chose DIY do get in touch with Tatmans Tours. As you may have read he is an excellent ski host as well as landlord.

ianbradders, Thanks Blush (The cheque's in the post). We're full on 16th but have availability from 10th to 15th, and from 20th March onwards.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry to bring a sad tone to this thread but was driving back to Munich today and was sure I heard on the radio that a 12 year old boy went 8m off a blue piste and was either killed or badly injured (my German is a bit rusty). Can anyone clarify?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski, Just looked, yes sadly he died. Went off piste and hit a tree.
With a school/sport club trip. The poor parents.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Really sorry to hear that. Quite a chilling reminder
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OMG ,,that is so sad , God help the parents and family.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

where to go for my next week

Puzzled
Quote:

Will probably be a Mark Warner though

Puzzled Puzzled But Mark Warner don't do Saalbach Puzzled

I know, I know - would love to come straight back but I will be skiing solo on this one.

We said we will bring the group back next year though Very Happy

Very sad news about the young boy, that's two in one week. How awful.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ianbradders wrote:
Chasseur, Thats worrying. Puzzled
Never been around that neck of the woods. Well been through on my way to the ferry loads.
I wont delve any deeper for fear of what was said. Puzzled

Nothing more than a name connection - knew someone with the same name, that's all Smile

Tragic news about the young lad Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chasseur, Thats a relief, not too common a name i suppose.
latest report
Definitely think there should be a Bash of some sort in Saalbach soon. I believe there has been previous bashes there (although i may well be wrong).
latest report
ianbradders,
Quote:

I wont delve any deeper for fear of what was said

Actually I was singing your praises for doing one and a half circuits of the valley in one day, in less than ideal conditions as I recall.
snow report
TT, Embarassed I now need to send you a cheque.
I did only intend to do the one circuit but then one of Ppferalm loons managed to arise and go to the furthest point from where i started the circuit. So i had to meet up at the Wilderkagalm (sic), this was probably to get a last look at the wonderous behind of the waitress there.
Good visibility but quite chopped up. Annoyingly after that 70km i was fine apart from slightly swollen knees however we stayed in a hotel in Liverpool on Friday night and i woke to find i couldnt walk. My left knee is shot. Just over three weeks until the family trip.

How come you are back in the UK?
ski holidays
Quote:

i woke to find i couldnt walk. My left knee is shot.

I hope it'll have recovered in time for the next trip.
Quote:

During the ski holiday booking season last summer/autumn, I was overcome by temporary insanity and thought for some unfathomable reason that it would be sensible to come back for 3 weeks during Feb and let other people have both of the apartments during the school holidays. Shocked rolling eyes
latest report
TT, ah i see. Bad move with the current conditions. But obviously the apartments do need to pay their way.
I bet you are counting the days yourself. 3 weeks tomorrow, and knee is improving.
The hotel we stayed in on Friday night was The Hard Days Night, a Beatles themed hotel. Went up in flames yesterday.
ski holidays
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

i woke to find i couldnt walk. My left knee is shot.

I hope it'll have recovered in time for the next trip.
Quote:

During the ski holiday booking season last summer/autumn, I was overcome by temporary insanity and thought for some unfathomable reason that it would be sensible to come back for 3 weeks during Feb and let other people have both of the apartments during the school holidays. Shocked rolling eyes

Good news for me though. I'm in one of TT's apartments for a cheeky Wed-Sun next week!! Can't wait.

Joe
snow report
Oh dear Joe, I thought it was the week after that.... Shocked

....'s all right, only joking! Toofy Grin Hope the snow's good for you - and that it stays good until I take over the baton on Sunday. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
joe1978, Good for you Joe, i see you have been to Saalbach but some time ago. You obviously will know your way around but you have chosen well. So much easier than getting back to Vorderglemm, falling out of Bauers and into Chalet Tatman.
Friends of mine went to Saalbach a week or two ago for a short trip on my recommendation but didnt ask me where to stay.
I was raving about it in Innsbruck last year.

Again on my say so, they sampled Hinterhag and Bauers for apres. Unfortunately they were staying in LEOGANG! Puzzled

Seventy euros for a taxi back to their digs ( the f**kin' idiots) and they did that on a three occasions.
snow conditions
Quote:

they did that on a three occasions

Speaks volumes for the Saalbach apres-ski!
ski holidays
[quote="Tatman
Quote:

Quote:

they did that on a three occasions

Speaks volumes for the Saalbach apres-ski!

Or rather the relative disposable income of my friends. Shocked
snow report
Doing wed to sun next week too. cant wait!!
ski holidays
ianbradders wrote:

Again on my say so, they sampled Hinterhag and Bauers for apres. Unfortunately they were staying in LEOGANG! Puzzled

Seventy euros for a taxi back to their digs ( the f**kin' idiots) and they did that on a three occasions.

Laughing Laughing

Well it is quite good fun Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Worth seventy Euros I'd say!

Slowly getting over my post-Saalbach depression.. slowly..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm really looking forward to getting out to cure my post-Mayrhofen blues. I was there a couple of weeks ago.
Looking forward to being in the 'thick of it' so to speak instead of a taxi ride out of town.

And TT. You nearly had me there!!!

Joe
ski holidays
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Flo Kohout (one of Saalbach's best young skiers/intstructors) has set up on his own:

http://www.facebook.com/flowSPORTSsaalbach (I imagine he'll get a proper website up soon).

He's a fully qualified Staatliche instructor, not sure if he's finished the Bergfuehrer (UIAGM Mountain Guide) qualification yet or is still doing it, but he's one of the few guys offering real offpiste instruction/guiding in the area.
ski holidays
Reviving this as I'm off to saalbach this weekend. Will be staying near schatberg from sunday to Wednesday so will look out for any snowheads about.
Haven't skiied here for about 4 years, don't think it's changed too much but I'm really looking forward to returning to this great area.
snow report
Powderseeker, have a great time Toofy Grin

Lucky git wink Laughing
snow conditions
I'm in hinterglemm right now. Sunny on Sunday/Monday, bit if snow today, and forecast is for 3 more sunny days to come. There's been a few queues and busy pistes this week which surprised me as I didn't think there were any school holiday at the moment??

Been having a quiet one so far on the après front as I left the uk with a bit of a cold and the Missus isn't muh of a drinker. Hopefully things will pick up in the après stakes.
snow conditions
mckeann, get thee to the Hinterhag Alm tomorrow or I will be most disappointed!

I really hope our group wants to come back next year, Saalbach is so awesome.
snow report
Quote:

get thee to the Hinterhag Alm tomorrow

...and to the Underbar (also in Saalbach) to see the brilliant Cuckoo later tomorrow evening! The taxi fare will be worth it - besides which (if self-catering) you can eat cheerfully and cheaply by partaking of Bobby's renowned spare ribs across the road. In fact, how about this for a Wednesday evening session to make up for lost time:
4.00 - 7.00pm Hinterhagalm
7.00 - 09.30pm Bobby's Pub
09.30 - 11.30pm Underbar
11.30 - 12.00 Mango (for a night-cap)
12.00 Taxi back and in bed by 12.30am

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 26-02-13 18:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
mckeann, Amsterdam has their Half Term this week according to the guests I helped settle in on Saturday. Plus a lot of people without kids have their holidays now as well. Does get a wee bit busy, but nowhere near as bad as the previous 2 weeks!
ski holidays
TT, that is an itinerary almost as good and demanding (maybe more so) than any of your skiing itinerary's previously posted.
snow report
Tatman's Tours wrote:
Quote:

get thee to the Hinterhag Alm tomorrow

...and to the Underbar (also in Saalbach) to see the brilliant Cuckoo later tomorrow evening! The taxi fare will be worth it - besides which (if self-catering) you can eat cheerfully and cheaply by partaking of Bobby's renowned spare ribs across the road. In fact, how about this for a Wednesday evening session to make up for lost time:
4.00 - 7.00pm Hinterhagalm
7.00 - 09.30pm Bobby's Pub
09.30 - 11.30pm Underbar
11.30 - 12.00 Mango (for a night-cap)
12.00 Taxi back and in bed by 12.30am

I'm in....or at least, I would be wink
snow report
Chasseur, Think i would last until The Underbar and then do a sly slope off to bed upstairs in the Hotel Central.
snow conditions
Chasseur, Sorry, I forgot to include mounting the cow, which could be slotted in on the way to Mango Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy