Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort suggestions please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
agw, have a look at Bad Gastein for a future trip, a great ski resort with a thermal spa in town. Not too expensive, well depending where you stay. Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alisonw44,
Welcome also - didn't notice it was your first post Blush

We will probably be trying Switzerland in the future but we liked the look of Collet's operation in Italy. Plus I've always fancied a trip to the Dolomites.
Part of the deal is that I get my wife a good pair of snow boots for Christmas.
ie good enough to wear for longer walks and compatible with snowshoes - any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agw wrote:
alisonw44,
Welcome also - didn't notice it was your first post Blush

Part of the deal is that I get my wife a good pair of snow boots for Christmas.
ie good enough to wear for longer walks and compatible with snowshoes - any thoughts?

A good snow boot is the North face chilKat. You can get them for men and women at Go Outdoors. Not sure if they are compatible for snow shoes though. But they should be fine for longer walks.

Karimoor also do snow boots and look similar to the North face ones and can also be found at Go Outdoors shops. I like the Karimoor walking boots but have not tried the snow boots so can't comment on how good they are.

Shame Columbia sports don't sell more products in the UK as they do an excellent range of snow boots in the US at good prices.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jimmybog, That's the sort of thing - they've even got a lttle D-ring for snow gaiters. Should be fine with snowshoes - I see a lip on the heel.

On the list - thanks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi agw,
I've tapped into your thread here ... and by golly you really kicked something off here!

I can sympathise with your wife not skiing ... mine really comes along just to walk and do window shopping.

red 27,
I managed to break my wife's knee the night before we went on a ski trip!
We had the skis and sledges on the roof already to go .... but we had to delay a couple of days so she could see a consultant at Addenbrookes.

(I ran her over .. or ran her into the garage doors)

She has never forgiven me. Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
agw, consider Bad Gastein, should tick all the boxes for you both. Plenty of pistes for you and spas for Mrs. Agw.

There are plenty of lifts you can take up to huts to meet you for lunch. I did this a couple of years ago with my parents and it worked really well.

Contact me if you want any other info or check the link in my signature ... we've certainly got the balcony with a view!

Cheers. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kersh, I think you'll find (end p1) that he's booked now Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, ha ha ... doh! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy