Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2012-13

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry, too busy shredding pow over the last few days to post. Conditions tip top. All itineraries in good condition and there's plenty of untracked if you're prepared to hike. Yesterday was rock and roll, Mt GEle into Chassoure, Tortin couloir, left side Mt fort, Cabane de Tortin bowl and Barry's bowl with fresh tracks virtually all the way. The slops are empty and the sun is shining. Maybe some fresh due on Sunday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Still tons of great pow to be found on North facing exposures, but you have to hike. La Chasse yesterday was stunning coming down to LH side of Lac de Cleuson. Rock and roll still good if you don't fancy a hike. Cold and sunny with snow tomorrow night.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, nice to bump into you on friday. Sorry I wasn't too chatty, but the so called mates I was with had left me with one ski and one pole to get down on!!

On wednesday the snow off the far side of Greppon blanc was good (valley skiers left of the itinerary, more or less behind the lift station) as it's been cold since I'd bet it's held up well. Also; either side of Vallon D'Arbi in the trees is a good bet.

have a good one
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yesterday was one of the best days of the season. 20cm of fresh overnight and clear blue skies. Everything was awesome!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve Sparks wrote:
Yesterday was one of the best days of the season. 20cm of fresh overnight and clear blue skies. Everything was too late for the losers who left the resort on saturday!

FIFY Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi heading out to verbier on Friday can anybody recommend anyone for ski lessons 3 adults for maybe 3 days for 3 hours a day?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
darencoch, Mike Mason is your man. He works for the swiss ski school, is a great teacher and also a bodyguard, if you're worried about the Verbier paparazzi! Email the ski school info@verbiersportplus.ch and ask for him.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Steve tried to book mike but he is not available. Have you any info on performance ski.
First time to verbier can you point us in the right direction for runs on sat we are intermediate skiers any help would be good
Cheers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi folks....

just reading some of the reveiws of Verbier over New Years, as I am busy looking at booking something for me and extended family for Christmas-New Years 2013-2014 ...I've not yet skied Verbier, will be going 23 Feb to scope it out.

Here's the thing, this Christmas I was in Megeve, conditions were great, loved it, but it's a bit lower than Verbier, and the first part of December, I was getting stressed if there was going to be some good snow, so thought I'd try booking in a resort that's a bit higher, to avoid the no-snow in December stress...but if we're only going to be confronted with long lift lines, what's the point?

Or is there somewhere else you might recommend? I like to stay just left of the radar screen, which is to stay, we ski on the cheap as much as possible...Where is it snow-sure and reasonably priced in France-Switerland-Austria-Italy? And I'm not thinking Chamonix...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
darencoch, Performance Verbier is very good.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
darencoch I sent you a Personal Message with a suggestion and a bit of background on the various ski school choices.

In case you are not familiar look to the screen top right on that bit that looks like a bit of wood.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
darencoch, Ask for Chris, Guy or Martin at Performance, Benson or Sandy at European Snowsports.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorted thanks for your help guys and gals off to snowy verbier in the morning let you know how it goes now I have the hang of this forum learning all the time for somebody not to clued up cheers
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
HeidiAmsterdam, I am pretty unimpressed with Verbiers ability to cope with the crowds over Christmas and especially New Year - there are often very long lift lines, much longer than i've experienced in the Espace Killy or Three Valleys areas at the same time of year.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like the great storm is rolling in. Snorkels at the ready for Sunday Happy
snow report
Hello all. First post on this board.

I'm arriving in Verbier tomorrow morning. Looks like I might arrive in time for some fresh snow. Looking at a few webcams though visibility looks non existent!
snow report
Who cares about visibility when you've got pow anyway??

Heidi: I go every year over the xmas/nye period and have never found the lift lines to be a major impediment. It's not ideal, sure, but it hardly ruins your skiing. Getting up the mountain on the main gondola up (Medran to Ruinettes) can be very busy in the morning and involve a 20min wait, but that's the worst of it.

On the other hand, if you want to keep costs down, I'd definitely not recommend Verbier. It's just ridiculously expensive. As it Switzerland in general, but this is Switzerland plus lots of international jet set. Bad combo.
latest report
It was absolutely chucking it down with rain in Verbier late this morning, can only hope the temperature drops and it turns to snow Piet_Morant, have a great time.
snow conditions
HeidiAmsterdam I don't know which Verbier musehead was in this year, but it wasn't the one I was in!

The only significant queue days were 29th and 30th December.
Queues over Christmas? You must be joking!
Sure there were plenty of people about but the queues were negligable.

29th and 30th were (and will remain) the busiest days of the season. The wait at Medran was about 20 minutes and thereafter the key points of Funispace and Tortin were 10 minutes and 20 minutes at their worst.
If you got to the Jumbo just as a cabin was leaving you might have had to wait for the next but one...you might not.

All the other days we were waiting 5, maybe 10, minutes at worst. Often 1 or 2 minutes.

I've been to 3V in early March and seen worse (Meribel).

Verbier has upgraded every single lift in the last few years...everything is high speed and high capacity. No drags at all....HOWEVER if you referred to other parts of the 4V system you could find an altogether different situation, there are still some old and slow lifts in some of the linked villages.
latest report
HeidiAmsterdam,

I was in Verbier over Christmas, the 24th to 26th were ok, the 27th to 30th were very busy. It wasn't just the lift queues it was the amount of people on the slopes. It wasn't just the main lift up from the village that was busy, most on the lifts were. It has put me off skiing over Christmas and next year I will go the week before.
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:
hedley, nice to bump into you on friday. Sorry I wasn't too chatty, but the so called mates I was with had left me with one ski and one pole to get down on!!

On wednesday the snow off the far side of Greppon blanc was good (valley skiers left of the itinerary, more or less behind the lift station) as it's been cold since I'd bet it's held up well. Also; either side of Vallon D'Arbi in the trees is a good bet.

have a good one

Yes nice to bump into a fellow Snowhead.

I'm useless at faces but skis that's another matter Laughing

Conditions were a little hard packed and cruddy off piste but three of us decided to do S to H on the Sunday. By dropping in early rather than traversing to far over we managed to find a few decent lines. It was bloody hard work getting up there though. I thought my heart was going to come out of my chest at one point.

On departure day Monday it is now customary to wake up to 6 inches of Fresh Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Good time had by all though and I will be back to Verbier although I think Ischgl may get the nod for the boys trip for a change next season.
ski holidays
hedley, Laughing We were debating Stairway on the day we went over to Greppon. I'm glad we took that choice now.

I once lapped stairway, I think we went up about four times in one day!!

I did need a rest at the top though.
snow report
Skies are clearing this morning after the 24 hour storm. There should be at least 50cm, more in places. Savolyeres was great yesterday as there was some visibility, the Verbier sector had very little. It will be interesting to see how high up they open. The valley is rocking with the noise of explosions this morning, so they're certainly trying.
ski holidays
Alas forgot camera but probably my best day of the season today - mouches, Gentiane, highway, Vallon D plastered with snow. No one dared put a track into backside it's so loaded. Lots more forecast this week. Turning into a great season...
snow conditions
BobinCH is spot on. All the itineraries were in amazing condition. Waist deep to be found in places. These regular top ups really are making for a great 2012/13.
snow report
Perfect conditions in Verbier at the moment. A few more pics here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2229148#2229148

snow report
Just back from a sneaky four days in resort with my daughter.

I think the conditions were as good as any I've skied in there, and I've had about a week a year for the last ten years.

My daughter hasn't skied for three years, other than a couple of trips to the snowdomes, but even so we must have spent 85% of our time in the deeper snow, chop and bumps. I was a bit wary of taking her too far away from the groomed; but she now prefers the slackcountry to the piste.

My work is done snowHead
snow conditions
It's really good at the moment. More pics here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2235764#2235764

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice work Bob.

I bumped into one of my relatives in resort, he was out with Rob from Wazza Smiths gang; snow certainly still looks
good
snow conditions
Conditions are great. The cold has kept the snow lovely and chalky and the coverage is exceptional. The off piste is pretty tracked and hiking is required for fresh tracks. Oh and there's no one around. Never known it so quiet in peak season.
snow conditions
Last Sunday was the last day for the old two seat chair at Les Masses. it's being replaced by a four seater.
snow conditions
taffvalais, Hurray.....at last Very Happy
snow report
Very mellow and sunny in Verbier at the weekend.

Off piste grippy and chalky and generally fun to be in (obviousy pretty tracked out anywhere near pistes).

Pistes in good condition, south facing slushy by afternoon.

Quite a few big snow slides.

Afternoon sun on the terraces very pleasant indeed and quite lazy making...
latest report
Been here for two weeks....off to Meribel tomorrow for a couple of days.

I wish I knew what the snow conditions have been like though....the last few days I have been off-games with an absolute stinker of a cold/chest infection thing. Whole family has had it.... Sad
ski holidays
A few cm on Friday night gave some nice pockets to be found around the Greppon Blanc. Snow in very good condition and nice and quiet. Sun came out at the end of the afternoon giving a lovely last descent from Attelas down empty pistes. Live music at 1936 every Saturday now makes a lovely way to end the day.
snow conditions
Steve Sparks, Isn't wonderful now that the days are drawing out. A beautiful sunny day in Veysonnaz and not too busy. The temperature is dropping and there is more snow forecast....joy! Very Happy
snow report
We thoroughly enjoyed the week we had end Feb - start of March.

Our first Sunday, was cold with poor visibility, but after that it was all blue skies.

I'm glad I've booked for 2 weeks next Christmas, though I'm already getting that "I hope there is enough snow" stress, that's always follows after I've paid my deposit. Madeye-Smiley .

I've booked us in La Tzoumaz, 200 meters from the baby lift. We will have a 5 and 8 year old in our group, which are still beginners, plus a baby of 1 year old, so the location should be handy for us switch off babysitting. I think the little ones will be fine there, and I don't see them venturing much further than the local slopes.

Me and my kids will be looking take up more itineraries, and based on the usual busy times, I will schedule those carefully. Typically, if are on the first lift up, the lines are shorter, and once we get ourselves off the blue/green area, the lines are typically shorter as by then, the riff-raff has been weeded out.

Deffo looking at some skiing over in La Chable as well and other areas like Veysonnaz, which we didn't explore... apart from price/quality of food there, it's a great place to ski!
snow report
HeidiAmsterdam, There are some great mountain restaurants around the Veysonnaz ski area, let me know if you'd like some names etc.
snow report
Swissie,

Yep, let's hear it, and if you can suggest a nice itinerary, would be helpful, I'll make a note of it in the pre-pre-pre prep of Christmas... it shouldn't be too early to plan.

After all, I've already bought one of my Christmas presents, Craft Thermals that were on sale Laughing
ski holidays
HeidiAmsterdam, VERY impressed about the Christmas present, thought I'd make the most of the sales when I was in Verbier today (maybe some good ski stuff for the family to put away for Christmas) there were some real bargains (well for Verbier) but the daughter and I just ended up buying something for ourselves, hey ho!

If you are skiing to the Veysonnaz area direction Siviez, Les Chottes is a great restaurant. At the top of Veysonnaz by the gondola there is a nice place to eat called La Combyre (I would avoid the self-service Mont Rouge opposite). La Cabane de la Matze at Thyon 2000, serves really good Valaisanne food as does La Cambuse at Thoyn - Les Collons 1900, it has a lovely outside terrace and they both have wonderful views. If you get to ski down the main run to Veysonnaz there is the Les Caboulis which is great...the food is super, it is very quirky, they have a 'crow's nest' seating with a small cable car that brings up you drinks, I love it there, it is my 'local'. If you are at the the top of Veysonnaz/Piste de L'Ours, Le Tipi is great fun, the older ones of the party will enjoy the atmosphere, great apres, but you can also get a really good 'snacky' lunch there (Hot dogs, sandwiches and they have good wood oven pizzas). Although it can be cold to sit outside when the temperatures dive, we have a great time there, its really hotting up at the Tipi ATM as there is the Snowboard World Cup coming to Veysonnaz this weekend.

Hope this is of use to you.

Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy