Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 2012-13

Poster: A snowHead
It's been fantastic in Nendaz!

More photos etc: http://www.nendazsnowreport.ch/

Skiing Prarion yesterday:
Prarion Dec 15, 2012 from Sarah Bourne Photo
https://vimeo.com/55673338
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm it was deep on Sunday and everything opened. Nice....

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice photos..and great conditions!! It was the place to be!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only 4 days to go.....

Hoping that the forecasted rain for the weekend will magically turn to snow!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sadly a 23 year old Swedish woman was killed by an avalanche in the Col de Mouches today. It's a notorious avalanche trap between Chassoure and the Col de Gentianes. It was a huge slip and deploying her airbag didn't save her. More here http://www.lenouvelliste.ch/fr/valais/sion/nendaz-avalanche-au-col-de-la-mouche-recherches-en-cours-497-1090360?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter.

A lesson to us all, it's treacherous at the moment and the risk will increase as the temperature rises over the weekend. There's more than enough fun to be had without taking unnecessary risks.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
3 days to go..

Damn you freezing level!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How arewe getting on with the rain?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cloudy but no precipitation currently
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No rain at all....snow falling top to bottom.

Snowing hard in Le Chable as I type (and settleing)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still snowing hard here - -2 at 1450m - fingers crossed...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the updates, <24hrs!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ditto, thanks for the updates.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The snow in Le Châble gave way to rain about 1930, and it rained up to 2000m, absolutely bucketed down too! However it had stopped by 0600 and there should be plenty of fresh snow up there now. Still plenty of snow on the ground in Le Châble. Just finished moving the new load of logs on to the terrace and off to investigate.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Feels pretty mild in resort. Probably 7 or 8 degrees, so theres a bit of slush around.

Piste report tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Piste report:

Top -lovely
Middle -claggy, high water content snow
Low -lovely Spring Snow (!)

All runs, whole mountain, 100% coverage

Off Piste Reprt - see Piste report
ski holidays
rungsp, 100% accurate.
snow report
A few pics from yesterday am

Heavy but still enjoyable pow under Attelas

Big rockers required

Lac de Vaux bowl

Check out La Vache - awesome hot chocolates

Everything opened so headed up Mont Fort

Back side is loaded - should be amazing later this week

But big reminder to b careful - debris under Mouche from the avi last week - vibes to the poor girl who was caught

Great base - a few cm of fresh on top and it will be amazing
ski holidays
BobinCH, thanks for posting those; helps me to get through the morning in the office.
snow report
BobinCH, Lovely pics....on my way over to Verbier to see the daughter in a mo. Everything suddenly so busy here in Veysonnaz after the calm of the last couple of weeks.
snow conditions
Lazy day today....

snow "flakes" falling......they look more like small plates to me....ENORMOUS snowflakes!
ski holidays
Following Thursday's storm things opened up slowly but by mid afternoon everything was open. Some stunning snow on Mt Fort. A little bit heavier lower down. Quite a few people around too - new year is just around the corner.
snow conditions
Its just SOOO busy......went to Siviez yesterday...chaos. Roll on next Saturday. (Don't mean to be humbug)
ski holidays
Yesterday was Televerbier's busiest day ever with over 24,000 skiers on the slopes. We headed over to Thyon to try to avoid the crowds, but still had the longest wait ever at Tortin to come back. Lovely snow everywhere though.
ski holidays
I bet today was even busier.

we headed over to Bruson.....it was seething (by Bruson standards).
Had to wait for as much as FIVE minutes at the top chair!

UNHEARD of!!
snow report
I'm one of those annoying people in Verbier for NY week Smile

Busy, but manageable today and yesterday in all the runs around Ruinettes area. Quieter today overall, but snow was better yesterday - today was rather icy in a lot of places.

Really enjoying Verbier overall - though the runs seem to be graded rather easily?

(Had a lovely fall today right at the top of a steep section of an icy black when I lost an edge - slid almost the whole way, losing my skis about halfway, much to the amusement of a guy at the side, and the horror of MartyNa . Apparently all she could see was a cloud with 2 skis sticking out - only fall of the day; if you're going to do it, do it in style Smile)
snow report
Pretty icy below about 1900m today meaning runs back into the resorts are pretty hideous. Absolutely mobbed yesterday and today. I can't see me ever coming back at New Year. Waited 45 minutes to get on the Poma up to Plan de Fou. A few other long waits - 25-30 minutes followed by 45 minutes on the bus in Siviez.

Can't say it's my best ever ski holiday. Sad
latest report
So I’m rather in love with Verbier now!

The slopes were a lot quieter on Friday and Saturday – very hard packed (and fast) and icy in places, getting slightly slushy in spots in the afternoon, but nothing annoying. A lot of big cracks and slides off-piste were evident too.

I did find a couple of rather stony blacks on the Friday, which was a little annoying (skis only waxed on Weds!) but they were avoided after that.

I was amazed how quickly it got quiet at the end of the week – 6 of us headed up towards Mont Fort on the Thursday and skied down Gentianes, which was horrible and busy, and the same the whole way back down to resort. But on Friday a few times I walked straight on to lifts with no one else in sight! A couple or friends joined us just for the day on Saturday and were amazed how quiet it was – we got a lot of skiing in destroying everyones legs, even allowing for a large amount of bar time in the sun as well… Smile

It’s definitely somewhere I’ll visit again, I loved it – despite the crowds over New Year itself. The New Year celebrations and general après-ski were perfect for our group too Twisted Evil
snow conditions
All back to normal....lovely, can park outside the shops in the village and no-one seems hell bent on getting run over by walking down the middle of the road. The skiing yesterday was great, over to Siviez and Verbier, no queues and far fewer people on the pistes. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Swissie, Yep, even found some fluffy stuff in Rock Garden on Saturday - lovely now the crowds have gone.
ski holidays
Arriving on Wednesday evening for long weekend. How are Chassoure, Gentianes and the Vallon d' Arby holding up?
snow conditions
1556garyt, Do you like bumps?
latest report
It might not have snowed for a while, and av risk may only be a 2, but take care in current warm weather, especially in the afternoon, and on (or beneath) west facing slopes. Recent avalanches in Col des Mines & Creblet, & skiers right side of Vallon d'Arbi. If going off the back of MF, try to get to the damn by early lunch-time latest.
latest report
Been some good conditions recently...

Dec 28th Creblet was good

The usual nice drifts in the trees just below

Faction skis hit trees

Good in Vallon D'Arbi

Better in trees skiers right from Col des Mines

On New Years Eve Mont Gélé was open...

Doing some hiking

Some nice options from up here

But with those trousers on it had to be a banana

Few rocks at the top

Opened up nicely

A bit of a refresh and Jan 4th it looked good for a backside....

Momentarily ignoring good off piste etiquette

Enjoying the sunshine

Ad showing perfect technique

Can't hold Chris back

Lovely and deep in the trees under the dam

Back up for an Attelas couloir

Schnoppy

Girls in the trees

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 13-01-13 16:37; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Yesterday was really good. More here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2199055#2199055

snow conditions
Some great pics there as always BobinCH, Cool Cool Cool
ski holidays
BobinCH, Fabulous pictures Smile
latest report
BobinCH, YES, those pictures look so good Very Happy !
snow conditions
Top class photos BobinCH- tremendous.
- I'll be there in 16 days, but I'd love to be there right now!!
ski holidays
Its all gone a bit quiet on here,any updates on conditions of the itineraries in resort.

Ive never got over to the Nendaz area before. Am I right in thinking Plan du Feu(sp?) is the way to access this area?

Arriving for a weekend break,Thurs - Sunday

It looks like we may miss out on any freshies though Crying or Very sad
latest report
Am going out Saturday for the week with some friends - bit cold but conditions look awesome right now according to Verbinet...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy