Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Ski Amade Snow Reports 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Schuss in Boots wrote:
geepee wrote:
I've got a couple of days holiday to use. It's very tempting to make a long weekend. Madeye-Smiley

Ditto

You had better not let anyone on the PSB thread hear you say that Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nozawaonsen wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4631396913905

Looks like January, not October!!! Love it! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Kersh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmmm, just got back from ski touring, it is raining Mad The snow was very wet and heavy, and all the piles of artificial snow are disappearing before my eyes, the forecast is for it to stay just above/below freezing. Might be worth waiting if anyone is planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. The lifts at Zauch didn´t open today, but there were about 8 at Planai open.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kooky, Thanks for the update but not what I wanted to hear. Sad We may be looking at later in the month now anyway. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Red Leon, Laughing Laughing I do have a couple of days I can take... I just can't take 'em that weekend wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Red Leon, Laughing Laughing I do have a couple of days I can take... I just can't take 'em that weekend wink

Yeah, yeah. We all believe you wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 12-11-12 14:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kooky wrote:
Hmmmm, just got back from ski touring, it is raining Mad The snow was very wet and heavy, and all the piles of artificial snow are disappearing before my eyes, the forecast is for it to stay just above/below freezing. Might be worth waiting if anyone is planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. The lifts at Zauch didn´t open today, but there were about 8 at Planai open.

Some pics of Planai yesterday over on Alpinforum...looks like snowguns have been busy making the pistes:

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44844
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piles of snow dotted about the pistes in Flachau too, as well as fresh up top Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
luigi, Thanks for that link.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
luigi, nice photos over on Alpinforum!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
luigi, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Oooh... that makes me very, very happy... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hauser Kaibling opens Saturday! Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sportgastein this morning!! How much do I want to go skiing!! snowHead snowHead

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 11-11-12 9:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm skiing on planai at schladming. quite warm,fohn I think. but piste in great shape, complete cover, nice soft snow, skiing to mid station,4 lifts open, not at all busy considering first day season passes accepted. rock on, the season has started. Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's been lashing it down in Bad Gastein since daybreak. Wasn't forcast at all.

9c and no sign of snow even on the mountain tops.
ski holidays
I had a great day on Reiteralm, rained a bit but meant all the fair weather skiers stayed at home wink
Sorry I missed you yesterday waynos, but eventually tested all the new ski lengths so I had a happy camper with me today Madeye-Smiley

Left the hill at 15.00 and it was incredibly windy, and plus 8 degrees, fingers crossed very hard that this föhn drops soon Mad
snow conditions
A brief update for Bootsy and co, skied today Reiteralm, it was rammed!
Had to use a carpark 6, never had to go that far before Shocked
The pistes were really hard, icy in places, unless we get some snowfall this week( looking unlikely) I would suggest whacking on some good edges. They have had the snowguns on all day and most of the night.
ski holidays
kooky, Thanks for that. Edging tools will be packed. wink Even if conditions aren't perfect it'll be an early ski bonus. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
geepee, yep indeed!
There´s enough snow up there to keep (most) of us out of mischief, plus almost all the huts are open now Madeye-Smiley
snow report
kooky, Ahhh finally... A proper report with proper details.... And are the huts warm? Nice selection of beverages? Conditions on the terraces? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I may even hire some SL skis then, be a shame to blunt my nice edges on the fats Sad

Your round Schuss? wink
ski holidays
Scarpa, I am a bit, yes. But doing my best to diet... Toofy Grin
snow report
kooky wrote:
A brief update for Bootsy and co, skied today Reiteralm, it was rammed!
Had to use a carpark 6, never had to go that far before Shocked
The pistes were really hard, icy in places, unless we get some snowfall this week( looking unlikely) I would suggest whacking on some good edges. They have had the snowguns on all day and most of the night.

Good pic.
snow report
Whitegold, go fcuk yourself
ski holidays
kooky, well put.
latest report
kooky wrote:
Whitegold, go fcuk yourself
i don't get it "go french connection united kingdom yourself" - does he need some new clothes?
latest report
http://1.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/08/i-have-sexdaily-i-mean-dyslexia-fcuk-funny-t-shirts-016f874b-sz500x500-animate.jpg
ski holidays
Snowing again in Amade!!! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent - please don't forget to tell us how much
latest report
Timberwolf, I don't think kersh charges
snow conditions
And you waynos, How much, how much...... wink
ski holidays
Out on the 16th if you fancy a slide btw?
latest report
Timberwolf, i'm out from the 11th so yes be good to meet up for a slide.
snow report
Cool. I guess I don't need to tell you where I'll be ?
snow conditions
Timberwolf, waynos, Laughing Laughing

At the moment, there's not loads at valley level but it's forecast to stay cold with more snow until about the 7th so all good news! snowHead After the 7th, the uncertainty starts to blur the picture too much but likely to remain cold.

Timberwolf, i'm guessing you're heading Schladming way if you're off sliding with waynos?

Cheers
Kersh
snow report
Kersh, Radstadt. Any good for you if you fancy a ski ?
snow report
I do! I do!... Oh... I can't... Sad

Was snowing this afternoon down to about 1200m - all mountains are lit up like Xmas trees due to snow blowers, so they are pretty certain of low temps.
ski holidays
flangesax, You must be very frustrated mate Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Timberwolf, as much as i'd LOVE to, I can't. I'll leave you in waynos' capable hands .... ahem! Laughing

Cheers
ski holidays
It finally looks like winter has sorted itself out now... snowing in Radstadt (800m) and everywhere else too!
Tonight sees the official opening of Planai with Swedish House Mafia making a load noise... good wintery weather for it now too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy