Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fantasy Ski Racer League

Poster: A snowHead
That's why I don't rely on setting my picks for the whole season. I modify several times a week based on results from FIS and Europa Cup races as well as training reports (especially for injuries!).

Still ended up with 3 DNFs though!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to FIS website there will be two Ladies Downhills in La Thuile this weekend to replace the cancelled race from Crans Montana. It also looks like there are two Men's GS in Hinterstoder next weekend, presumably to replace the Garmisch race.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Right, crystal ball at the ready...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep that is the official plan at the moment but the weather forecast for the weekend could put the cat among the pigeons once again at both locations! rolling eyes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grrrr, asleep on the job again. The weekday races catch me out!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It should have been your selection from last week (the cancelled Crans Montana race). You did OK I think
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The FIS website has some 'Stockholm city races' next week, are these not included in FSR?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not usually @queen bodecia, because not all the racers are invited to take part and not all of them are allowed to take part by Thier Federations
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Samerberg Sue, understood.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The system has now caught up so there is no need for me to record our scores separately - the summary scores are below - less than 11 points from Hopefuls 1st to 9th

Kooky - Elanski - average of 5 best - 399.25 - FSR - 368th
FastCarver74 - 395.35 - 472nd
Queen Bodecia - queenie - 395.25 - 475th
Hawkwind - 392.35 - 538th
Samerberg Sue - Suzy_Proell - 392.20 - 539th
Lynnecha - 390.90 - 565th
Briand6868 - Briand6868 - 389.40 - 599th
Codyaitch - Amex Skidoos - 389.20 - 604th
Dr Che - Almost Paraguayan - 388.50 - 618th
Davkt - Goingbackwards - 351.40 - 1,400th
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Some big scores this weekend with Queen Bodecia moving to the top of Hopefuls league

Queen Bodecia - queenie - 399.95 - 382nd
Kooky - Elanski - 399.25 - FSR - 395th
Codyaitch - Amex Skidoos - 397.40 - 448th
FastCarver74 - 395.35 - 502nd
Samerberg Sue - Suzy_Proell - 392.80 - 558th
Hawkwind - 392.35 - 567th
Lynnecha - 390.90 - 596th
Briand6868 - 389.40 - 628th
Dr Che - Almost Paraguayan - 388.50 - 652nd
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've effectively lost interest to be honest @codyaitch. I find the new scoring system too simplistic and as long as you pick the top 10 from the FIS list you are more or less certain to score 200+ points. It no longer has any reward for predicting exact placings, nor do I find any challenge in it any more. I will continue to select it mostly I just go down the list and check the surviving top 10 racers.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blimey, I've been away for the weekend, how did I manage that?

As Samerberg Sue says, the scoring doesn't really reflect knowledge of the sport. But it is a bit of fun and has made me follow the racing online as far as possible this season. Hopefully next season I might be able to watch more of it too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I actually managed to score 86! I picked them as well- it wasn't just a left over list from some previous race. The woman's combined went completely the opposite way to what I expected. I think that is quite an achievement to be honest. Well done @queen bodecia, congratulations!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@queen bodecia, @lynnecha, the scoring system has been dumbed down for a US market that has little or no interest in ski racing. I notice I'm still fairly high up on the German listings despite making absolutely no effort to "select". Few if any of the name above mine in the list are familiar to me. I was one of the first to start playing and am still officially an Admin for the game but I really cannot be bothered any more.

The owners of the game are Steve Nyman (World Cup racer and currently the USA's most successful male race) and his brother Michael. They wanted to raise the profile of Alpine World Cup racing in the US more than anything else. Despite having the best Alpine ski racer of the current era as a member of the ski team, the best known racer in the world is still better known there for being Tiger's girlfriend NOT for her own achievements. She is instantly recognised in Europe but Aspen and Vail can put her on the ticket desk without any kind of disguise and NOBODY recognised her!
latest report
@Samerberg Sue, the lack of interest in ski racing outside the big European nations(Austria, France, Germany) never ceases to amaze me.

I saw the Lindsay undercover videos, and was also astonished that people didn't recognise her in the town where she lives. I am saddened by the fact that perpetrating an image as a 'sexy babe' in body paint for Sports Illustrated seems a necessary part of being a top female athlete. I just wish she could be valued for her sports achievements in their own right.
snow report
Lindsay Vonn calling an end to her season now. This really is last (wo)man standing. I hope they are all back next year - Fenninger, Maze, Mancuso, Svindal, Mayer, Ligety, et al. so it feels like a real competition again
snow conditions
@lynnecha, glad to see the back of the drama queen. Her behaviour over the weekend was deplorable irrespective of the degree of severity of her injury. She lay motionless for 20 minutes, holding up the next racer in the start hut (her nearest rival). Had she indicated the degree of severity of the injury, Gut could have covered up &/or left the start for a warmer location. As it was no-one knew how long the interruption would be, so she had to remain in the start tent/hut. A motionless skier means unconscious and she was not. It was pure gamesmanship at best, at worst a deliberate attempt to get the race stopped and maybe cancelled, given the weather a possibility so she did not lose points to Gut. As it was the weather started clearing while she lay there and while not perfect, a cold and definitely not in race-mode Gut had a much weaker result than expected.
ski holidays
Yet again the FIS and FSR websites seem to disagree with what races are actually taking place this weekend. I'm sure the FIS one is correct and the FSR one just hasn't caught up.
latest report
@queen bodecia, scroll to the bottom of the list of races and you'll find your selections from the cancelled race there.

Don't forget to remove the Tank from your selections for the Ladies races if you put her in (she's not done too well in GS this year and usually avoids pitting herself against Shiffrin if she can! Laughing Laughing )
latest report
Lots of big scores in the week - Codyaitch selecting 3 scores out of the last 6 over 400 moving to the top of Hopefuls League

Codyaitch - Amex Skidoos - 407.40 - 290th
Samerberg Sue - Suzy_Proell - 403.40 - 381st
Queen Bodecia - queenie - 402.75 - 401st
Kooky - Elanski - 399.25 - FSR - 476th
FastCarver74 - 399.15 - 483rd
Dr Che - Almost Paraguayan - 397.70 - 521st
Hawkwind - 392.35 - 646th
Lynnecha - 390.90 - 674th
Briand6868 - 389.40 - 710th

I have to say I preferred the old format - this is just too random and not really working - clearly dumbed down for the yanks
ski holidays
Congratulations to all you 400+! I am obviously losing my touch.... Embarassed
ski holidays
Another season over - a late surge by @Samerberg Sue with, I think, the biggest score of the season of 439.25, moved her to the top of Hopefuls league.

Samerberg Sue - Suzy_Proell - 414.05 - 209th
Codyaitch - Amex Skidoos - 407.40 - 327th
Dr Che - Almost Paraguayan - 404.40 - 385th
Queen Bodecia - queenie - 402.75 - 431st
Hawkwind - 400.35 - 491st
Kooky - Elanski - 399.25 - FSR - 512th
FastCarver74 - 399.15 - 518th
Lynnecha - 397.00 - 565th
Briand6868 - 389.40 - 735th
Davkt - Goingbackwards - 351.40 - 1,500th
ski holidays
@codyaitch, thanks for your input, it has actually made more sense to me than the damned scoring system on the web site. I hope they will rethink the scoring system over the summer and maybe go back to the the old one, where predicting actual positions was also rewarded and the rewards for predicting one of the outsiders making the top 10 are improved. It hardly seems worth a punt right now. The vast majority of players seem to simply plumb for the top 10 in the FIS standings and then just jiggle them around randomly.

Thanks for playing folks, same thing again next season if you want. Hopefully there will not be too many changes to the platform and maybe some of the bugs will be eliminated as well. I found the Android app relatively stable but know that my iPad App was definitely flakey.

If you want to send an email back to Michael Nyman, I know he would appreciate constructive criticism. I'm certainly going to give him my feedback vis-à-vis the dumbing down for the US market. There is a noticeable drop-off in the number of Europeans playing. Previously it was mainly Europeans plus lots of racers (I played in a league with Dave Ryding for example), now not many of the racers seem to compete, and the total numbers per country are falling in terms of who plays on a regular basis. I think the understanding of the racing scene as well as being a regular follower was rewarded in the past, but less so under the new system. If you need an email address then just let me know and I'll post it.

See you all again in October I hope when it all kicks off again at Sölden. I will have an FIS Press pass next season for some of the races (I hope - it's been promised but let's not count our chickens just yet!) wink
ski holidays
Didn't do badly for my first season, but obviously I have no comparison with previous scoring systems. For me personally, it was a bit of fun and made me follow the racing more closely, especially since I can't watch most of it. Hopefully next season my internet will have been upgraded and I'll be able to watch Eurosport.

The app rarely worked on my phone, but the website seemed relatively stable.

Thanks to codyaitch for interpreting scores and Samerberg Sue for updates. Well done folks, it would be nice to see where our little league ended up within the 'bigger picture'.
latest report
Thanks everyone for all the input and to @Samerberg Sue, @codyaitch, for pulling it all together. I run the app on both my iPad and my iPhone and it worked fine all season so from that perspective it was good.

I agree with Sue about the scoring though - it did become a juggling of the same names in the end with all of the injuries.

Have a good summer all, and let's hope for early snow in 2016!
snow report
Thanks as well to all who did the tallying and the taking part.
Sorry i dropped out mid season as i was away.

Also agree it was a pick the top 10 and mix them up a bit but i still enjoyed it esp when watching on Eurosport.
latest report
Most Snowheads Hopefuls will be aware that our Fantasy Ski Racing team captain @Samerberg Sue sadly died in early August.

I am checking whether last year’s team wish to continue for the coming season and if so I am willing to take over the administration, unless anybody else wants to, and suggest that we re-name our team Sue’s Hopefuls in her memory.

I am not sure what the procedure is but with a new administrator and a new team name I guess we may all need to re-register.

Once I get an indication as to whether there are sufficient numbers I will investigate further.

New team members welcome.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@codyaitch, Count me in. Still hard to believe Sue is gone, but her memory will live long with lots of us.
latest report
@codyaitch, I'll be in for the coming season. I like the idea of renaming the team in Sue's memory, it feels right.
ski holidays
I'm in Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm in under strict orders from 'her upstairs'! wink
ski holidays
i enjoyed this last year and thanks to Sue for taking the time to explain it all to me, very sad news.
Ill give it a go this year again , not long folks Smile
latest report
count me in again.
latest report
@queen bodecia, Nice one Wink
snow report
No movement on the Fantasy Ski Racer League site yet !
ski holidays
I am also in, will have to practice slagging off Lyndsay Vonn to keep ´er upstairs happy Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Fantasy Ski Racer League for 2016/17 is live and hopefully I have set up everybody who responded in Sue's Hopefuls team

@DannySimpson, if you are not registered can you do so and either let me have your user name or PM me your email address
snow report
Hi All. I received the email this morning so I'm in for another year.

For Sue!

Thank you codyaich for taking it on.
snow report
@codyaitch PMd you =0)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy