Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2012/2013: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Ok this is the most useful info I found:-

http://www.s3v.com/ouvertures-et-pistes-damees/

we're off to check out the conditions, ttfn
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's going to be very slushy after about 11am, and below about 2300m, but I guess you know that already. It's another beautiful morning in the 3V, so enjoy a very quiet Courchevel.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof, I h ave a few other links that may help http://pleva.net/skiing/weather.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Closing day tomorrow for Méribel and Courchevel Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Patch wrote:
It's going to be very slushy after about 11am, and below about 2300m, but I guess you know that already. It's another beautiful morning in the 3V, so enjoy a very quiet Courchevel.

It was slushy above 2300 as well! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A few photos from today, the snow was a bit "fin de saison" as you would expect. I think all bar Val Tho closes on the 26th

[url]

Tot on the Turcs piste. Turc is an angevin name and I imagine the piste owes its name to a local family. You also find Turcs in the Veneon valley in the Oisans who came there from Angers over a century ago.

Needle of the Fruit.

Tot under the Grand Couloir, bit of a lazy arm to correct there but it was quite choppy.

From the Coqs looking up to the Saulire

Last few meters we lacked about 100m of snow to ski back to le Praz at 1300m, not bad for a 26th April.

Pont[/url]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All of the 3V now closed except for Val Thorens, which is looking very Orange!

A few cm of fresh snow overnight, but very high winds today gave variable conditions. Some higher lifts closed, with the lower runs extremely busy. Visibility good, with sunny spells.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
... but I don't suppose anybody is watching this thread anymore

Should I continue, or stop now until the 3v 2013/14 thread?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We'll be up in Val Tho if the weather improves so feel free to keep the service running, tx.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch, do it to the death .... what a few more days before VT closes .... enjoyed this theead but seems a long time ago when I was in Reberty in January!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, stevew, will do - I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday if weather OK

Will continue until all lifts closed, and beyond if there is snow left for a little skinning
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm also still following it and interested in updates Very Happy Thank you so much for the effort all winter!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So windy at VT today that I got blown back onto a chairlift whilst trying to get off! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No skiing today. Overcast here at 700m, with a heavy downpour this afternoon, turning to a steady drizzle. Low cloud, generally miserable. Outlook much better for Wednesday, which also happens to be a public holiday
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still very windy, still very orange. Offpiste mostly frozen this morning, hard as iron. Pistes very variable, sometimes like skiing on glass, sometimes like skiing in porridge. Still quite crowded, mostly French and Dutch. Mainly sunny, good visibility. Many lifts are now closed, but whether due to the wind, or because we are approaching end of season, I'm not sure. Boismint, Moraine, Col, for example, all closed
latest report
We left VT on Tuesday as it was getting just to grey and slushy.

Also, there is only so much 'Dutch Week' you can take.

The Col on Sunday was very very difficult. The wind had blown all the snow off one side leaving glacial type ice and the other side was just 3 foot deep soft blow powder, all in zero visibility and a howling gale.

Snowboarders are very nice. One retrieved my poles for me as I slide down upside down and didn't even laugh.
snow report
Wonderful skiing at Val Tho this morning, great spring snow on north-facing slopes. Still looking quite orange... maybe it's Dutch fortnight rather than Dutch week, although much less busy than earlier in the week, and much better snow. Just a few wisps of cloud in the sky; a beautiful spring day. Felt like skiing on cake icing, and a couple of cm had fallen overnight. Avy risk is 3, but I didn't see any evidence of recent slides. It wasn't difficult to find somewhere to put in fresh tracks ...

ski holidays
My last lift-assisted skiing of the season at VT today, and the conditions were fantastic for the time of year. The resort is very quiet, even with a couple of public holidays this week, and many lifts (e.g. Cime de Caron cable car) are now closed, along with many restaurants. Until 10am, the snow both on and off-piste was well frozen, but it turned mid-morning and was then delightful. Even at 2300m, the snow was soft, rather than slushy. Just a few wisps of cloud in the sky.

Under the old glacier des Sts Peres

Tracks on the Glacier de Peclet

The Glacier de Chaviere and Mont de Gébroulaz

The couloirs of the Aiguilles Sts Peres

ski holidays
Nice finale photos, Patch Toofy Grin (well, lift assisted finale photos).

Was good meeting you and Steph at the bash, btw Smile
ski holidays
The last 2 days of the season up in Val Thorens were not bad. Weather ok with colder temperatures so snow was firmer. Even a little new snow to be had. Sad that its finished now. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Jäggeur, Great to meet you too!

There was up to 40cm of snow on some of the higher peaks around here yesterday, and now the Grand Bec, Mont Jovet etc are looking very white again. I hear that there is a race to clear the Col du Galibier before the Giro arrives.

Temperatures have been colder, cloudy and rain at lower altitudes. Could be a good day for a little skin tomorrow, depending on weather
ski holidays
Patch, yers, there was snow lying at 2000m on the Lauteret yesterday. Galibier will be interesting in those conditions.
latest report
Botanic gardens webcam at Col du Lauteret http://meteo05.sepcs.fr/bulletin/lautaret.htm
snow report
Just looking at the Val Thorens webcam and I have never seen so much snow there for this time of year. Have to go back there soon and normally bring my road bike. It still looks very cold for cycling there at the moment. Imagine that the skiing would still be pretty good higher up.
snow conditions
Throughout the Three Valleys, from about mid-station, or 2000m upwards, snow is still very good .... I'll post some pics later
ski holidays
Up to 30cm of snow expected over the next 3 days above around 1500m. The four major cols of the Tarentaise are still closed, and are likely to remain so for a little while yet. Temperatures are predicted to fall by about 10 degrees.
snow conditions
Snow last night down to 1000m. Woke this morning to a white blanket, trees and villages covered, and much more forecast
snow conditions
Patch, you'll be getting sick of the stuff now I expect. Like an October day up here in NE England, so not much better.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, More snow over the last couple of days, and low cloud. Went hiking at Pralognan today and found ourselves in a snow storm!

Yesterday, we drove through Flumet, Megeve, St Gervais, Les Houches, Chamonix, Vallorcine and Villars ... all of them looked like they had a good base for next season!

Hope Northern England situation improves for the bank holiday tomorrow
snow conditions
Cold and raining here this morning, and I suspect it is snowing in Val Thorens. I have heard that Tignes has had snow this morning too. Despite the heatwave last week, there is still a lot of snow above 2500m
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy