Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes & Val d'Isere 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
ewanmalone, Think you are right. Sure it follows the same line. If its reliable it will certainly make Val D'I trips less prone to a Val Claret detour. Lets hope they have plenty of time for pre-season testing. Assume someone will start a 2013/4 thread once the G'Motte reopens for the winter
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its just about the same line (it starts just below where it used t o and goes almost to the same place) from the webcam I cant decide whether it goew under or over the Paquis (the suspense!).

As well as being new and therefore more reliable it will work up to 24 m/s wind speed (the old one was 16m/s) at which speed most people would not be able to stand at the top of the Tov - so hopefully it will ease the queues at Bollin/Fresse.

I suggest we start a new thread on or about Oct 12th as the glacier opens (suspect rob@rar will be first there again). What are we going to call it this year?? How about "Tignes and The Espace Killy 2013/14" to match up with the kids at the other side of the hill?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Must be over the Paquis surely. Sounds like a plan for the new season thread. My use of any lifts yet to be determined
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ewanmalone, No, just a bad memory! Very bad considering I've been there about 7 times Embarassed

Are they doing anything about the crappy uphill bit at the bottom of Trolles? That magic carpet is useless and it's a knackering bit of poling/sidestepping.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I doubt there will change that. There was a death at the bottom of Trolles recently; early last season? Somebody hit someone on the flat bit shussing. Hence the nets to slow people up late last season. If they changed it they potentially have people still skiing into the central area. Inconvenient but I can see why they would not want to do anything.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark1863, Mark t'was the end of 11/12 season for the tragic event. At least the new Aeroski is going to go from the bottom of the annoying hump - doesn't help though if its your last run down to Le Lac though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah I know there was a death, hence the chicane - but now there's no chance of making it up the hill. Just wondered if they might put in a better magic carpet or rope tow for the lazy skiers like me!!

Oh well...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HoneyBunny wrote:
Yeah I know there was a death, hence the chicane - but now there's no chance of making it up the hill. Just wondered if they might put in a better magic carpet or rope tow for the lazy skiers like me!!

Oh well...

If I'm feeling lazy or its too crowded for a banzai I go right half way down Trolles through the Lavachet Gardens to the Chaudannes lift and back down into the centre for a stylish dismount near the bus stop (OK I might Have lied about the last bit wink )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If I go that way late on I keep going to the bar at top of Lavachet. Memory is going can't remember its name. Bus back to TLL.
Training started despite the fact I have soon to have a pain killing injection into neck. Hopefully that and a few more tweaks will get me in a state to not just talk about skiing.
The shoulder reconstruction seems to have worked although the bicep will never be fully attached again.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Brasero! Glad its going well
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
winters starting to come back....

Sunday Grande Motte
3300m -5°C -4°C -4°C
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Off thread but in last few years have spent several weeks in resort and paid full price for lift pass each time. Can you get a season pass that does not require seasonnaire or residential status. If so anyone know how much and where I can get it from?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mark1863, The season pass price is on the resort website here.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mark1863, check this out http://www.valdisere.com/valdisere/en/forfaits/pass_gold/comment
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks it looks as if 31 days is the cut off that makes a season pass worthwhile. Did 40 in 11/12 and would have done 49 last season if medical issues had not got in the way. Ended up on 32. Once I get the all clear from the Docs I wil give it a go.
snow report
Mark as you are a regular Tignes side of the valley guy - it would be easier to buy a 'Pass Tignes here:'
http://www.skipass-tignes.com/
Then if there are any problems you can walk to the office from the 'paka. The discounts are the same - about 5 weeks and you are winning. Plus you can get bonuses etc.
latest report
Looks like they are putting the cable in the new aeroski. The left hand side from the bottom seems to have the cable in. Looking at webcam on ipad so difficult to be sure
snow conditions
I think you are right - building at the top looks as though it is coming on nicely too.
snow report
chocksaway,
Tried the ski pass site. am I being dumb? How do you register?
ski holidays
Mark1863 wrote:
Tried the ski pass site. am I being dumb? How do you register?

The French login page states that the website is closed right now, try again in a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
Its all in the timing! When I posted the link it worked but as the Glacier has now closed I guess they have all buzzed off on holiday.
ski holidays
Only in France would you have a system that stops you spending money with them. Th customer is always ..second
snow report
Quote:
mountainaddict, Wot No Report!
Just spotted this Mark1863! There was indeed a summer trip report - see under er, Trip Reports....for report and photos!

In fact here you go: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=101400
latest report
Wasting my day off, I am a 4 day a week man these days, dreaming of the winter. Done an audit of my ski gear to see what needs replacing.
Cable on the new aeroski seems to be back down almost to the tennis courts. Looks like it will be fully in place very shortly. Seems all will be ready in plenty of time. Any other changes this summers?
ski holidays
A little covering of snow in Tignes this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Very Happy
snow report
What a tease! You think its close but actually its still 3 months (health permitting) away for me. Great pic. Those with mountains poking through clouds are always the best.
snow conditions
Love that pic! I'm getting excited now - 3 months and a week to go till my first ever visit to Tignes (Mountainsun short break)...

Mark1863, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery in time for the start of the season!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes that warms the cockles of your heart...... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
What I wouldn't give just now for a nice run on a bit of fresh on a cold, crystal clear morning. Not sure which Tignes run I would pick
ski holidays
For me it would have to be La Sache. Had one of the best runs of my life down it on 14th April this year and brother caught it on go pro. Perfect. Happy times Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/O6YuV15ieSk
snow report
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c,
Change your Snowhead name. It may not be quite your e-mail but possibly enough to be spammed.
La Sache in my experience is only ever worth it shortly after a snowfall. But a good choice
snow conditions
If I could ski any Tignes run now? A fantastic warm up for Val Claret residents is to make first Grattalu Chair of the day and be first to blast down a deserted Le Mur and Lac to the Grande Huit Chair Smile . It's always groomed to perfection and the views are great too. The early start then means very quiet runs all the way to Les Brevieres or Les Boisses.
Quote:
La Sache in my experience is only ever worth it shortly after a snowfall
Hmmmm.....One person's 'Worth it' is another's 'Wouldn't bother getting out of bed' - though I do concede that Mrs MA and I have a fairly low 'Worth it' threshold wink.....

latest report
looks like it's snowing on the glacier again Smile
latest report
mountainaddict,
I think that was my point. Sache not my fav run by a long chalk. The one you suggest would be high on my list. Probably end up going to the A de P after. Always like the top pitch; right hand side away from the stones. Had a eureka moment there with my skiing some years ago - finally skied the fall line properly. So a fav spot. Plenty of little off piste pitches to keep one amused as well.
latest report
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c wrote:
For me it would have to be La Sache. Had one of the best runs of my life down it on 14th April this year and brother caught it on go pro. Perfect. Happy times Very Happy

Wow you were lucky, that was bashed smooth all the way! Every time I've done it, the bottom section has been huge moguls or sheet ice... or a mix of the two. Still a lovely run though, that looked perfect - and you did it on my birthday too!
snow report
Morning all. Very Happy

I do love to see fresh snow.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy