Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Montalbert 2015/6 (from page 9)

Poster: A snowHead
Around 5cm of fresh snow in the village grey and overcast at the moment ....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We shall be in Plagne Villages a week on Sunday, it's torture knowing that the conditions are so good at the moment! Just hoping that they hold out as long as possible so we get some good runs before the slush starts Smile However, I'm sure we'll have a good time, it'll have been nearly a year since my last ski fix, so whatever the conditions, we'll make the most of it Blush
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing, looks like it's going to all day snowHead (France Meteo says it will!)

Clare M there is more snow on the ground than I have seen in March/April for many years, you will have a great time. \apart from the slow lifts but that should give you more sunbathing time Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cannot wait. boredsurfin, are the lifts notorious for being slow? I am used to the 3 valleys, am I about to be disappointed? Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Clare_M,
Yes in terms of lifts..... But snow is great
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
griffterski, there's always Les Arcs I suppose Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowing this morning ..... snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, that's the last bit of packing done, minibus to heathrow organised for later. Overnight stay in Lyon Airport confirmed. See you tomorrow La Plagne.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
so foggy this morning and turned sunny this afternoon. Apparently, someone told me it's been the worse season for lack on sun for around 40 years. I can confirm it's been pretty depressing with no sun! Makes for a long season.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
In La Plagne (1800) this week and can confirm the fog this morning.. at times you could barely see the lift ahead of you!

It was my husband's first time on the mountain so it made things interesting!!

Some runs were really icy as well and quite unpleasant at times but by the afternoon things were a lot softer when the sun broke through.

Lots of dripping off roofs etc, the thaw is clearly underway although the base is still very clearly deep.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still no Sun today BUT its just started snowing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . The reason being I was going to change my snow tyres to road tyres Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You should know better .....cockofthenorth, snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yesterday was a very mixed bag. Virtual whiteout until midday & then it cleared a bit. The kids decided it was a day for swimming & sauna, so me & the GF skied down from Aime 2000 to Plagne Centre. We went up Colorado just as the sun began peeping out, had a little slide down Pollux to the Verdons Nord lift then up to the top. Stood there for. A few minutes admiring the absolute beauty. We then went down Les Verdons & joined Marie Chantal straight back down to PC. Rather than lugging our gear onto the Telemetro, the OH suggested taking the Becoin back upto Aime 2000 and come down Mont St Savouire, finishing of with the nice steep little blue Pavane which finishes right outside the main building at the bottom of Stade lift, & yours truly was doing so well until he lost it half way down and went Tits Up completely Cartwheeling and throwing both Skies. It was one of them ( I bet I looked a right tit) moments, but jumped back on and finished with a little attempt to style things out. So, this morning, it's heat pad around the dodgy shoulder, back brace on, Solpadeine for breakfast and back out again to give the kids a laugh..just glanced out the window and apart for snowing the cloud has just come down again, only 3 days left so going to get as much slope time as possible. I know this little log won't appeal to serious skiers but if your a bit like me and joining the skiing lark late on in your 40's then it may make a little sense. Happy days. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
grandunion, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pretty grey today.

Snowed prety much all day, but very light and still snowing now.

Seemed to have a top layer of good light, then some cloud, then better conditions in the trees.

Just a thought, but when you add a new chair lift, a cover could be a good idea. Have I really been spoilt by the 3 valleys?
snow conditions
Still snowing now! Would be great if it stopped around 8am and the sun came out tomorrow.

We are so over peering for piste markers let alone actual piste name signs! Never good being new to a resort in the fog.
latest report
In montchavin and it has been snowing heavy all day! It can stop now! Please! Lol
snow conditions
Montchavin was fantastic today..apart from going home, that was very cold.
ski holidays
16:45 and its stopped snowing. I know very little about skiing but my god did we have fun today. Snowed pretty much all day but we saw hardly anyone on the piste. I read about powder days but thought that only happened off-piste. We went up La Bergerie this afternoon and we were alone, underfoot felt like nothing I have experienced before. Like sliding on Candyfloss, it was bloody lovely. We then went up Becoin and did the nice blue again back into Aime 2000, I did fine until the last little run in then done my usual (boobs up) halfway down... Stopped @ La Terrace for a little libation and to regroup with the kids then had a little crack at the Red down the back of the Golf down to La Roche, I think it was Tarandole into Andre Martzholf, which I did without stopping or falling. Pleased as punch today..Last day skiing tomorrow so will try & cover as much ground as possible. I think I may come back here again...I reckon we have had in real time about 6 inches of fresh today @ 2000m maybe a little more higher up. If your heading out here whether your a pro or like me you will have a blast. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Indeed there was a LOT of powder yesterday!! Made the mistake of taking our six year old up Roche De Mio to do Le Tunnel and it was far too snowy and windy for her. Thankfully when the snow cleared just after 4.30 we all had a wonderful time back from Bellecotte to 1800.

This morning looks clear but we haven't been out yet.

Have a great last day grandunion! Think we are of similar abilities Happy
snow report
Just heard explosions!
snow conditions
sparklies, That will be the Chalet staff falling out of the White Bear after their night off Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
Ha ha! Happy For those who have their day off today they are blessed! Perfect powder and blue skies. What a morning!!
snow report
Well, that's it all finished. Hire gear returned, lifts have stopped & I'm peering out of the terrace looking at a perfect view of the mountains with a glass of Vin Rouge. I arrived a La Plagne Virgin and shall leave with very fond memories. The weather has been touch & go but the snow has been just amazing. Today we started out skiing down from Aime 2000 to PC. We went up Colorado and came down Capella which was just lovely, then we went up to La Grande Rochette and the views were just stunning. We came down Mira virtually alone back to PV and then decided to head back over to meet the girls on A2000. That meant going back up Becoin and taking Pavane back down, and yours truly managed for the first time not to make a complete plonker of himself by getting down without looking like a Giraffe on ice or FacePlanting, and skied my nemesis the last steep bit back into Aime2000 without falling over. (I actually patted myself on the back). We then went with the girls for a little lunch @ the bottom of the Golf run, then just sat on the terrace watching the world go by. Once fully refreshed a few of us decided to push it a little bit and opted to do the red Tarandole down to La Roche. It was just lovely but for the first time this week my legs felt like they needed a rest. So headed back up on the La Roche lift just had a few gentle runs down the Golf piste and watched the girls improving with every run. This is only my 3rd Skiing holiday and it does feel like a bit of an accomplishment for me with my dodgy back and wonky legs and imagine once were home I shall start planning what to do next year.....The week before we came I had a lesson with Rob@Rar at Hemel, he said in one run down the slope I performed 6 different types of turn, none were very good, I reckon he would be rather surprised that I managed to do what I have achieved in this last week, then again I have amazed myself. Mind you, my daughters who are enjoying only their 2nd Ski holiday have absolutely blitzed me by putting me to shame completely and flying past me giving it the old " Come on old man"... Roll on next year.... "That's a wrap"........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Sounds like you had a brilliant time, we have been too (Friday our last day). Will be very sad to leave such great conditions especially as the pistes are mostly quiet.

I've really enjoyed La Plagne too.
ski holidays
On the Perso La Plagne website.........
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 | The route of the cable car stopped Montalbert

For several months, the question of the future Montalbert gondola , which is scheduled to open at Christmas 2014, the station was stirred. Many consultation meetings were held in order to achieve the set route. The main challenge was serving three resorts (Le Dou primarily located at the Ramaz chairlift departure Fornelet). Preparatory studies have shown that path with an intermediate station would be longer and more expensive, the option of a direct line between track and Montalbert Fornelet was chosen .

On March 21, the City Council authorized Likes "the Society for the Development of La Plagne to apply for planning permission for the construction of the cable car station at the top of Montalbert Fornelet on the parcels communal. "Reading of land parcels concerned to define a possible route, especially as surveyors stakes were installed in the fall to draw the future line.

Diagram of the situation and possible route

http://perso-laplagne.fr/Images_Actualites/2013/TCBMontalbert.jpg

Montalbert chairlifts and Fornelet be dismantled and reused on the ski area. It is likely that the ski lift is also the Fornelet.Regarding the coverage of resorts, tracks will be redeveloped and network snowmaking developed to facilitate access to the gondola. New areas for beginners and recreational areas will be developed (including Dou de la Ramaz), the lift of the Grangette be extended and finally, a shuttle service will be in place to ensure permanent liaison http://perso-laplagne.fr/Images_Actualites/2013/TCBMontalbert.jpgwith the station. All thttp://perso-laplagne.fr/Images_Actualites/2013/TCBMontalbert.jpghese proposals have received the approval of centers.

At Christmas 2014, a gondola linking the station so Fornelet. Hopefully everything will be done to preserve the maximum forest in which the line passes, as well as the Head of Fornelet. Arrival station should be partly buried, including host storage cabins. We'll know more about that in the coming months. To be continued!

Source: SAP / Proceedings of the City Council of the City of Love / IGN | Thanks to Jerome Grellet. Thank you to Jean-Luc
snow report
Seriously snowing here in Belle Plagne this evening-complete blizzard. Can't see beyond the balcony from the apartment. Curently reading the instructions for putting on snow chains but am hoping that the warmer temperatures forecast tomorrow morning will kick in before they become necessary!
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, Great init! Remove 5 lifts and replace with one gondola. Access to La Plagne from Montalbert will only be via La Roche chair lift, a great step forward NOT!
A shuttle to bring all the guests of the holiday centres down to Montalbert village but thats ok SAP say a 45 minute wait in peak weeks is acceptable.
I guess ski4fun will make a fortune simply driving guests up to Plagne centre as the drive will be quicker than the lift queues Shocked
Thank goodness this coming Feb will be my last peak week holiday and happily before the Gondola!

But of course SAP are the experts and I'm sure all will be well..........

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 12-04-13 20:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Seriously snowing here in Belle Plagne this evening

excellent!! we're coming out on Sunday and the more snow before the big fry / thaw next week the better.
latest report
Light covering of snow in montalbert village this morning snowHead
snow conditions
Summer lift opening timetable can be found here
http://www.la-plagne.com/images/stories/SAP/pdf/horaires-des-remontees-mecaniques-ete-2013.pdf
ski holidays
"Best milk on the lower slopes" (Zorro)
http://laplagne.livecam360.net/montalbert?t=2013-06-14+10-40-00&r=214&z=100&tl=99904
ski holidays

Summer in Montalbert
snow report
Coqs chairlift dis-mantled La Roche to have more chairs and larger motor. News from Perso laplagne
http://t.co/bcXjxTVgEB
snow conditions
Latest news from Person laplagne forum

Quote:
Here is what is written in the Gazette Montalbert published today.

The proposed gondola ...
The gondola will be in direct line. It will leave the snow front Montalbert and arrive at the current chairlift Fornelet the station.
Nomenclature: TSD = chairlift, TS = chairlift, TK = lift, gondola TC =

Nature of work:
Dismantling TSD Montalbert.
Removing TS Fornelet
Dismantling TK Fornelet
The slalom happen on the right side from the slopes
Replacement of TK by TK Grangette to be located on the line of the current TSD Montalbert with arrival at the current arrival of TSD to better serve the slalom.
Replacement of TK Gentil with a newer model with a track profile best suited for beginners
Creating beginners areas: Gentil, Dou de la Ramaz and expansion of garden slopes.
Reforestation TS TK + lines Fornelet.
Redevelopment of the track nice to allow beginners a return station adapted to their level of skiing.
Redevelopment snowfront Montalbert to provide more space in kindergarten and better pedestrian traffic on the slopes.

Characteristic of the equipment cable car:
3000 people per hour speed station storage cabins + engine Prajourdan located so as not to disturb the visual and noise impact from the slopes of Montalbert.
Winter operation was + (not continuous in summer)
Spacious cabin with seating and seat lift ATV, strollers, sit-ski ...

Schedule of planned work to date:
Clearing: Fall 2013
Excavation and removal of lifts departing from the slopes: May and June 2014
Construction of new lifts: October> November 2014
Development and reshaping TK Gentil Gentil track: September 2014.
Completion: November 2014
Commissioning: December 20, 2014.

The sending of this newsletter has taken a little late because we were waiting for you to detailed information
communicate.
To date we have no visual information, but we will certainly inform you as soon as the first site plans are available.
snow conditions
1st snow fall in Monty Very Happy http://laplagne.livecam360.net/montalbert
ski holidays
Snowing in Montalbert.... 1 degree on the balcony .....going out to play in it .....walk not ski
snow report
Worth knowing that next year there may be some spare Pomas available. Little Angel
latest report
True.... I will keep my eye out for one.....
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, so it's your footprints on the webcam Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy