Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRANSFERS from Lyon & Grenoble Airports

Poster: A snowHead
Does any snowHead have the inside track on bus transfers from Lyon & Grenoble Airports, to Bourg St. Maurice for the coming season?

SatoBus seem to have terminated these routes. Their website, satobus-alps.com indicates that they ceased these routes in April 2005. Are they going to reinstate these for the approaching season, or is another company taking over? Any other suggestions for these transfers other than car-hire? I will need to use this route, midweek, 2 - 3 times each month.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bernard Condon, I tried to find info Les Deux Alps from Grenoble all I got was yes theres a bus but times not available for January so it would seem that they are planning to release times soon, well thats how my sister translated the phone call anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bernard Condon, From Lyon Airport you can catch a train to BSM with one change at Chambery. It takes 3 hours 40 mins and the station is right by the airport. Should be a lot cheaper than a bus transfer I would have thought.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chambery - BSM train fare was only about 14 Euros one-way last year (don't know about the Lyon - Cham part and the French railways web site is not one of the best ....). Train is immune from traffic jams and almost all bad weather. But because it stops everywhere it takes for ever.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember looking at the bus prices last year and the prices are horriffic! get the train if you can...........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
we;ve jujst looked at bus prices from chamnbery up to arc 1800 - prices were around 80 euros per person *each way*!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bernard Condon, They wont release them til October 1st I think, but if you email them, they'll send you a provisonal timetable and prices etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, At least I can help you out! Very Happy snowHead

Don't know which bus company quoted you, but try www.altibus.com The fare from Chambery to Arc 1800 Charvet is €75,00 RETURN!! Smile

Thanks all and Nadenoodlee, I shall e-mail SatoBus directly and post here if I get some feed back.

Also if any snowHead have any suggestions, or hear of any good routes from Northern Ireland to Bourg St. Maurice - lets have them!!!!! I have rented there for the season with three other 'Bourgers'. Having being cock-a-hoop about a direct Easyjet flight from Belfast to Geneva, which was supposed to be an afternoon flight, I am now a Sad snowHead !! The Easyjet flight arrives at 21:35 - well after the last bus to Bourg. So now it's Dublin to Lyon, or alternatively two flights via England to either Grenoble, or Chambery. Ideas please on a postcard!

Actually this should probably be a new topic to get the widest possible circulation. Confused snowHead Talking to myself - must stop this.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bernard Condon, our Newcastle flight is the same, arrives 9pm, although there seems to be an additional flight on a Saturday and Sunday.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, Is the Newcastle flight a Charter? If not how do you transfer?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There has got to be a market for airport transfers i got quoted 340 euros each for geneva to tignes. All you need is a telephone, car and some snow chains. and your in business!! Hmmm i think i have just had an idea? Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B,you need to take the train from Lyon Pare Dieu station in the city centre, there is a bus transfer from the Airport to the city centre.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AD, don't forget the incredibly expensive insurance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bernard Condon, you never know, I'm up in the Haute Savoie occasionally, so if dates coincide I could be persuaded ... wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley What type of persuasion works best???????

I am getting some other ideas from the other topic I posted: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=8885#171681 It will all fall into place I am sure!

My first trip to establish base camp is in early December. Dublin - Lyons and car hire, picking up Bourger No. 2 and Bourger No. 3 from Grenoble on the way. Car hire when split between two or three is a very good solution and gives a lot of skiing flexibility when based in Bourg, so every cloud ...etc...etc! Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Bernard Condon, Can you bring me Tetley Tea bags? Razz I'm in La Plagne for the season
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, you can get Tetley's but they're in these stupidly small packets that last one person about a week and cost almost as much as a mega carton from Tescos. rolling eyes
snow report
Nade, PG etc etc , we'll be in Les Arcs 14th-22nd Jan at Rob@Rar's place - if you need anything bringing over give us a shout and we'll see what we can do. PG, we'll be popping down to BSM for shoppng I guess, and Nade I guess we may get over to La Plagne one day? If not I'm sure your pass will get you over the link to join us if we get down towards Plan peisey
snow conditions
PG, I can go through an 80 pack in 10days, theres no hope for me Sad I even bought my massive 140litre holdall at the weekend ready for packing, but I still dont think ive got room for teabags!

nbt, Tea!!!! I love tetley, none of this French Lipton muck they pass off as tea! I shall do my very best to pop over, ive got a whole area pass so should be able to get around no probs!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, If there's a Makro near you, they do a Tetley catering pack of 1,400 tea bags, you wouldn't have a lot of room left for clothes, but you can buy them (clothes) in France.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 26-09-05 15:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
David@traxvax, where's the nearest one? Grenoble? Chambéry?
ski holidays
PG, Probably Edmonton N18, I'm out in La Ros again in Oct, anything you need?
ski holidays
David@traxvax, hmmm I do value my clothes over my tea im afraid, and if I take a catering pack, people will nick them and I will be cold ( no clothes and no tea) and miserable! Think I will have to rely on emergency packages from family and friends!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, reminds me of a misspent youth where for a while I had to rely on the occasional Red Cross packet of dried peas to avoid scurvy setting in...

David@traxvax, one of those catering packs of tea bags would be great....
snow conditions
PG, Consider it done.
ski holidays
David@traxvax - many thanks.
snow report
Nadenoodlee, I have been away for a few days and not been on-line. No problem with Tetley logistics! Toofy Grin I can certainly run to supplying you with 8 bags a day! I intend to get most of my stuff out in December & should have a fair bit of room on my other trips. I can leave them in Bourg, or drop them in La Plagne if going up there. With PG also into Tea - PG TIPS perhaps? there seems to be a niche tea market. rolling eyes

Have you organised your ski-pass yet? If you have any info on season ski passes for Paradiski, please let me know. I am trying to find out costs and any benefits associated with the Paradiski pass, e.g free days skiing in other resorts such as Espace Killy, etc. When are you going out to La Plagne?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 30-09-05 20:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Bernard Condon,

I think I am right saying that a 6 day Paradiski past gets you a free day in Epace Killy. I think it helps in other areas as well like St foy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bernard Condon, are you getting a Paradiski season pass? There's some info in this thread from last year which talks about what other resorts it is valid in.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, Shocked I have received a reply to my Satobus-Alps enquiry. They state that their enterprise 'Interhone-Alps' does not manage the regular line service between Lyon and Grenoble airports to the alpine ski resorts any more. They have proposed their private transfer service and sent me a schedule of rates! SERIOUS! Par example: Lyons to Tignes is €328 per person each way! I don't feel it necessary to quote further examples! Crying or Very sad snowHead

I am trying to find out if any other entreprise/company is going to run the regular service but with little success at the moment. Will post when I have further info.
ski holidays
Try Satobus from Lyon St Exupery to Lyon Part-Dieu station, then train to BSM (via somewhere that escapes me, but the ticket office knew).
Last year the train from BSM to Lyon P-D followed by bus to LYS came to €60-70.
snow report
mrmw, welcome snowHead to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
Alastair, thanks, have enjoyed lurking here for months snowHead
ski holidays
Bernard Condon, the Newcastle flight to Geneva is an easyjet one. We hire a car, but then there are usually 4 of us, so it costs less and is quicker than a coach transfer. We went to La Plagne like this last New Year.
snow report
mrmw, snowHead Bienvenue to Snowheads. A 'Lurker' eh? Toofy Grin

Satobus-Alps are the problem at the moment. They appear to have completely discontinued services from Lyon & Grenoble airports. I am trying to establish if the services are going to be run by another company this season. Should know in a week or so.

It's a pity about Lyon airport. It has a TGV station underneath the airport, but no services to Bourg St. Maurice!

Helen Beaumont, I will check out Hertz Geneva as I am resigned to car hiring out of Lyons anyway. Whats the drive from Geneva like at that hour of the night?
latest report
David@traxvax, when in Oct?
snow report
Bernard Condon,

I'd say an easy 90 mins from GVA to BSM via Annecy
snow report
JT, I must rent faster cars from now on. I don't think I've done that journey in less than two hours!

Bernard Condon, try this link for car hire at Geneva or Lyon. It normally comes up with the cheapest price whenever I get car hire quotes.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 1-10-05 8:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Bernard Condon, St Exupery station (the TGV one at the airport) does not seem to offer a decent service to BSM in the winter. At any other time it's just one change at Chambery. Not much help I know.
snow conditions
Mouth, probably toward the later end.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy